Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Okay, but I've done all like you've said it in your description (showthread....a-plugin-issue*). So how can I turn on the UMM debug?

Never mind. I see the messages. There are just so many from ProconRulz that I missed them before. Let me take a look.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by victory-Gamerz*:

I am in need of some help on this plug in please, Lets say i want to run a server that's mixed modes an i want a CQ, TDM, SDQ, Obliteration, and some other stuff how do i make it where certain maps have Vehicles off? Please help or point me in the correct direction.

Originally Posted by Cornholeo*:

With Naval strike dont work

Stop your ProCon layer service and your local ProCon.

Open up FTP to your layer service and go to Configs folder. Open your local ProCon and go to same folder. Copy/Paste or upload the BF4.def file from you local ProCon to your Procon layer.

Restart your layered service and then wait for it to come up~1 minute. Then start your local ProCon and it should be set.

Originally Posted by originalhandy*:

Its probably in here but I cant find it, how do I delete a maplist entirely. I have 6 maplists and I want to completely remove number 5 on it. I know I am probably missing something right there ...

Its probably in here but I cant find it, how do I delete a maplist entirely. I have 6 maplists and I want to completely remove number 5 on it. I know I am probably missing something right there ...

At the bottom of each map list, there is an option to delete it under Manage Map List.

OK I saw that on the other maplists but not on the buggy one. Here is a screenshot below, any idea what to do ? Its the same way on three different procons that connect to the layer from different PC's

proconss.jpg

Which one is the "buggy one"? I see it on lists 4 and 5. The option is at the VERY bottom, below all of the maps.

it stops at Game Mode, there is no more scrolling on #6. On #5 I can see where i can delete it, I need to remove #6 (I realise I typed 5 in my original post).

Oh, I get it. You'll need to remove that one manually. Edit the config file for your server and remove all of the lines that start with CUltimateMapManager [6]. The config file will be named after your server IP address (like 255.255.255.255_1024.cfg).

Is there an issue with adding a 6th maplist ?

I did as you said, shut procon down, edited file and uploaded. #6 was gone.

When I create new maplist based on current maps it goes white. I have to restart procon and when I go back in I am back to my original issue.

I then reupload the edited file and #6 is gone again.

When I create a new map list (empty) it creates it fine. When I click on map name to add a map it only gives me stock, china ans sa maps. There are no naval maps in the dropdown.

Also I notice in the game mode, the new one is not in it.

In Procon maplist all maps and gametypes are there. Obviously something naval related but do you have any ideas on a fix?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by mrgrumpygills*:

Addition to above Ok if you go into the cultimatemanagerbasic.cfg for every time I hit create new map list from exisiting there is a map list there (9). none of the lists appear in procon though only a white/blank screen where the plug in settings should be. If you log out of procn and back in you get the settings back but no maplist.

Reminder: If you want help, you need to submit a proper bug report.

showthread....a-plugin-issue*

I fixed it, I coped the bf4.def file from my local procon to the layer. I then created the maplist with no issues. Not sure if that will help the guy who was having a similar white screen issue.

Thanks for the help

I fixed it, I coped the bf4.def file from my local procon to the layer. I then created the maplist with no issues. Not sure if that will help the guy who was having a similar white screen issue.

Thanks for the help

THIS.

If you are having problems creating maplists or having your settings screen go blank, the BF4.def file on your layer server is not up-to-date and UMM will not work properly until you resolve this issue.

falcon .any update on why the UMM is not sending settings over . or is there a fix for it . i'm still having the same trouble ?

To be clear, UMM is sending the settings. The problem is that the server is rejecting certain ones. I'll have to rewrite a bunch of the plugin to fix it. The problem is, I don't have time at the moment. I apologize for this, but there's not much I can do about it until things slow down in my personal life.

Originally Posted by eddtheduck*:

To be clear, UMM is sending the settings. The problem is that the server is rejecting certain ones. I'll have to rewrite a bunch of the plugin to fix it. The problem is, I don't have time at the moment. I apologize for this, but there's not much I can do about it until things slow down in my personal life.

ok.. thanks for the update

Originally Posted by mrgrumpygills*:

thanks Falcon

we did update the DEF file the morning of the naval strike release. The file was dated 3/31 but we see there is now one dated 4/2 so we will update again.

thanks

I have 6 maplists.

If I am using maplist 0 and want to go to maplist 5 I do /@maplist 5. It wont switch.

Do I have to disable the other maplists to switch to 5 or can they all be enabled.

if I have em all enabled it wont switch to 5. If I disable them all and do /@maplist 5 it enables it and switches to it.

I have 6 maplists.

If I am using maplist 0 and want to go to maplist 5 I do /@maplist 5. It wont switch.

Do I have to disable the other maplists to switch to 5 or can they all be enabled.

if I have em all enabled it wont switch to 5. If I disable them all and do /@maplist 5 it enables it and switches to it.

The maplist command just enables and disables map lists. If you have 6 and they are all 0-64 players (or would match however many players are on your server), then you would need to disable all of the other ones that match in order to force maplist 5.

Originally Posted by Rawlins*:

We use UMM and have 2 maplists (CQ Small and CQ Large) that switch based on player count. Works great!

With Naval Strike, now we want to change vars.vehicleSpawnDelay on a per map basis. On land maps, we use vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 400 and on Naval Strike maps vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 200 seems to work better for us.

I have created 2 Custom Presets named 200 and 400.

Our servers Startup.txt has the default value of vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 100 since we plan on changing that every map change with UMM.

If I load the custom preset called "200" "After Every Round" the vars switches correctly on the first map load to 200. Every map load after that though inherits whatever value was set on the first load. It just stays the same regardless if I load preset Normal, Hardcore, or my custom preset "400".

In short, UMM does set the vars correctly on first level load, but doesn't change the vars on any following level change.

Code:

From Procon:
[0] [0] Game Mode: Conquest Large
[0] [0] Map Name: Operation Metro 2014
[0] [0] Preset: Custom [b]200[/b]
[0] [0] Preset (after level loads): Custom [b]200[/b]

From CUltimateMapManager.cfg:
[0] [0] Game Mode" "CONFIG:ConquestLarge0"
[0] [0] Map Name" "CONFIG:XP0_Metro"
[0] [0] Rounds" "CONFIG:1"
[0] [0] Preset" "CONFIG:Custom Preset: Custom 200"
[0] [0] Preset (after level loads)" "CONFIG:Custom Preset: Custom 200"

[23:29:34 72] UltimateMapManager: WORK -> Next map: Operation Metro 2014 (Conquest Large). Setting server preset to Custom Preset: VehSpawn [b]200[/b].
[23:29:35 61] UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Level loaded.
[23:29:40 08] UltimateMapManager: WORK -> Level loaded. Setting server preset to Custom Preset: VehSpawn [b]400[/b].
In the last debug entry it states "400", even though I have it set to "200".

In fact I have switched it to Normal, HC, etc, and it always says "400". I have seen it stick on reporting Normal as well.

However, the server reports vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 200 correctly.

When I swap the load preset values around and go to the next round I get:

Code:

From Procon:
[0] [1] Game Mode: Conquest Large
[0] [1] Map Name: Operation Metro 2014
[0] [1] Preset: Custom [b]400[/b]
[0] [1] Preset (after level loads): Custom [b]200[/b]

[23:42:34 35] UltimateMapManager: WORK -> Next map: Operation Metro 2014 (Conquest Large). Setting server preset to Custom Preset: VehSpawn 400.
[23:42:35 59] UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Level loaded.
[23:42:40 03] UltimateMapManager: WORK -> Level loaded. Setting server preset to Custom Preset: VehSpawn 400.
Even though UMM debug says it sent Custom Preset 400, the server remains unchanged at the previous vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 200.

Even if I send preset "400" as well as "400 after level loads", the server remains unchanged at vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 200.

==========================

I can get it to change the vars once on initial load on the first level, but not after that.

Any ideas?

The maplist command just enables and disables map lists. If you have 6 and they are all 0-64 players (or would match however many players are on your server), then you would need to disable all of the other ones that match in order to force maplist 5.

Cool, thanks man.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by R0gue_One*:

I was having issues with the maplist reverting after I added in the Naval Strike maps. released that the maplist was still running the maps before I made the changes. I created a new maplist based on current list, but it only added one map, Zavod. I went to try and edit it, and everything in the Plugin tab disappeared. I connected to the server via FTP, removed the plugin information and rebooted ProCon. Ensured that Map Manager didn't show up in the plugins, and then re-sent the plugin up via FTP and rebooted ProCon again. Got the manager back, but once it still had my original rotation in, and the second maplist I created. I again clicked on the second list to try and edit it, and the whole plugin settings screen is white again.

Any suggestions? I'm a little new to ProCon and server admin, but this is a little confusing.

Originally Posted by Rawlins*:

@Rogue

Grab the BF4.def file from your updated local procon install and upload it to the same folder on your layer. The white screen is caused when you have an old BF4.def file.

Originally Posted by Renegade605*:

I'm just looking for a bit of clarification on the gameplay preset settings.

So the gameplay preset that you send before the map loads will be what you actually play with, but battlelog will show the preset you sent after map load, correct? So any changes made to the preset require the map to be restarted to actually play with them, but battlelog shows the changes immediately even if the map hasn't restarted yet?

I would test this myself but there is no one around to check the settings with.

I'm just looking for a bit of clarification on the gameplay preset settings.

So the gameplay preset that you send before the map loads will be what you actually play with, but battlelog will show the preset you sent after map load, correct? So any changes made to the preset require the map to be restarted to actually play with them, but battlelog shows the changes immediately even if the map hasn't restarted yet?

I would test this myself but there is no one around to check the settings with.

This is correct, theoretically. It definitely used to work this way, but lately DICE has been making changes to the servers to prevent this from working with some commands, so depending upon what you're trying to do, it may not work.

Originally Posted by Renegade605*:

This is correct, theoretically. It definitely used to work this way, but lately DICE has been making changes to the servers to prevent this from working with some commands, so depending upon what you're trying to do, it may not work.

Any idea as to which settings wouldn't work? I think I'm planning to just turn off killcam and/or vehicles but still look like "Normal," at least for now.