Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

I'm waiting for the 2nd Assault update. Any word on that or did I miss the boat? (I checked my trash bin and everything, plus I got the one for Feb 2nd...)

This has already been covered multiple times. You don't need to update UMM. If you're not seeing the maps, the BF4.def file on your layer server is not up-to-date.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

Hi Falcon.

UMM needs an update for BF4 in order to deal with the changes that DICE did in R26. Specifically, some adjustments were made some time after R26 because I was still able to use UMM to set tickets on maps with custom presets even when R26 came out. I believe it is a timing issue. I can also confirm that sending variables with UMM that are now ExecuteOnNextRound variables aren't sent at the right time with UMM (e.g. vars.preset HARDCORE false and vars.vehicleSpawnDelay are both now ExecuteOnNextRound).

When UMM tries to set tickets with the custom preset for each map, it doesn't do it at the right time, and the ticket setting fails (same failure happens with Tim's Ticket Time Setter). I have tried every combination available in UMM to set tickets and it fails every time because of timing. Some people have said Adaptive Ticket Count's timing works, as long as you turn off the "Set preset after map loads" option. I use ATC in BF3, but I have not used it in BF4 because UMM took care of the tickets as well as other variables.

Papa helped me with an Insane Limits solution for the tickets, and it works without any issue. But I still need to use UMM to set different vehicles spawns on certain maps, for example, and it would be nice to get the timing adjusted to have UMM work properly with sending all variables like it did before R26.

Here's Papa's related post about this where he explains the timing issue, together with the limit he created for me to set tickets correctly when running a mixed game mode:

myrcon.net/...insane-limits-requests#entry27046

I'd be interested to see logs on all of this, but as far as timing goes, UMM waits 50 seconds after the round ends to evaluate the number of players and set the presets. If you want to change this, just change the "50" on line 1721 to whatever you want. It's interesting that you say that ATC works fine, because it waits 55 seconds (line 653).

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Hey falcontx, a suggestion for future version. Maybe have an option like the "Switch to new map list immediately" but instead of changing the map immediately, just update the MAPLIST. :biggrin:

Hey falcontx, a suggestion for future version. Maybe have an option like the "Switch to new map list immediately" but instead of changing the map immediately, just update the MAPLIST. :biggrin:

It's been considered, but was ultimately decided against, as the number of players can fluctuate during a round, which could potentially cause the map list to change multiple times.

It's been considered, but was ultimately decided against, as the number of players can fluctuate during a round, which could potentially cause the map list to change multiple times.

I'm asking because on latest version I'm seeing a bug where the maplist won't change on roundend/nextround for some reason, and after a layer reboot it works fine again.

It's been happening since last version, and I've no idea why.

I'm asking because on latest version I'm seeing a bug where the maplist won't change on roundend/nextround for some reason, and after a layer reboot it works fine again.

It's been happening since last version, and I've no idea why.

You should take some logs and submit a proper bug report, then.

Originally Posted by electron*:

Hello,

Is there an easy way to edit a maplist instead of using Procon? I'm looking for a text editor. This would make it a lot easier for me to reorganize the maplist and sort it by mode or map name. Updating it in procon takes forever.

Never mind. Found it in the configs folder -> IP of server_Port.

Not the easiest to edit, but it's something :-)

My maplists are being erased randomly after a layer reboot, this happens after updating to 1.4.2.2.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Edit:

Looks like it was a memory leak in the machine it was hosted at.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Falcon can you send me the latest version 1.2.4.0? Im still at 1.2.3.4 and getting the bug again, that UMM is switching to a new map list , but doesnt load the first map of it!

Originally Posted by eddtheduck*:

i am now having the same problem with ticket count not adjusting the server correctly . if umm sets at 80% we seem to 1200 tickets ..

i have reinstalled the game server and procon layer and we are still having the same problem . the server ticket count does not reflect what's in procon .

and we also get the map list disappearing after layer reboot .

I'd be interested to see logs on all of this, but as far as timing goes, UMM waits 50 seconds after the round ends to evaluate the number of players and set the presets. If you want to change this, just change the "50" on line 1712 to whatever you want. It's interesting that you say that ATC works fine, because it waits 55 seconds (line 653).

where exactly do i find this line to change . thats very basic info ?

Originally Posted by SandSukka*:

It's the CUltimatemapmanager.inc file I think and it's line 1721 I believe. Still not sure what to change this value too but I also have the problem described here. All adjustments to vehicle spawn delay and ticket percentages return an "executed on next round" response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the CUltimatemapmanager.inc file I think and it's line 1721 I believe. Still not sure what to change this value too but I also have the problem described here. All adjustments to vehicle spawn delay and ticket percentages return an "executed on next round" response.

Yes, that's correct. You should lower the value to see if it corrects the problem.

found it thanks .. i've set it to 40 and no difference so i'm going to set to 30 see if it works .. it changes the settings in procon but them settings are not transferred to game ..hmmm

I wonder after the latest patch we are required to make changes BEFORE the round ends instead of just before the next round starts. I will play around with it on our server as well

tried 30 still not working .. might need a server restart .(clutching at straws) server full so have to wait until tomorrow..

Are you reloading the plugins or Procon after you make the changes? You probably need to. What does the Procon console say? Are you getting responses saying "executed on next round"?

tried 30 still not working .. might need a server restart .(clutching at straws) server full so have to wait until tomorrow..

Any time you change the code, you have to completely quit PRoCon and restart it so it can recompile the code.

I changed the time after round on line 1721 to 40 seconds, and I've had mixed luck. A few times it worked, but more often it didn't. This really sucks on Rush maps because the first round keeps whatever ticket count the previous map had and then the next round finally gets what was set. More often than not, this screws over the attacking team on the 2nd round.

[21:43:00] vars.gameModeCounter 75

[21:43:00] vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 200

[21:43:00] ExecutedOnNextRound

[21:43:00] ExecutedOnNextRound

Appreciate any help you can provide falconx. We will continue you to support your development through donations.

Did you try lower? 30? 20? 10? 0?

I am having success so far with 10 seconds. Need to test more to confirm it works in all cases. Assuming it does, the round must actually be starting while the end of round screen is still being shown and so when the presets are sent 40-50 seconds after round end, they are actually being sent after the next round as actually started. I will get back to you tomorrow evening

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Falcon can you send me the latest version 1.2.4.0? Im still at 1.2.3.4 and getting the bug again, that UMM is switching to a new map list , but doesnt load the first map of it!

bump :smile:

ok set to 0 and UMM disappeared from my procon . set back to 10 . but still having the same problem.. something is broken somewhere( thats my professional opinion) lol

Ahh, then I guess don't go below 1. The plugin is not broken, as all it's doing is waiting X seconds, then sending the commands. If the server is continually refusing to accept them, then maybe we need to change map lists and send commands before the end of the current map. This would no longer take into account people who leave after the map ends, but I guess we may not have a choice if DICE is forcing our hand.