Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger [1.0.0.3]

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by XpKiller*:

At XpKiller we're NOT blaming you, more so trying to share this information.

It's not something anyone is likely to want to do - go to a public forum and say 'hey guess what, this plugin messed our server up'

No, this is us trying to help by sharing the information and highlighting that this plugin did shit down our MYSQL.

It was used on an extremely busy server which is always full and this is what I think triggered it, the load would have been huge.

I won't place the logs here but I will gladly PM them to you.

Also please note, it was only after posting the information - for YOUR benefit - that I discovered the thread regarding the ProCon issues.

Either way, the two combined are very unstable and unusable.

I would keep this plugin available to be downloaded for public use, with an air of caution.

I just tried to trigger that error.

Result:

I get these errors if the sandbox is enabled. Its like morph said.

I will add a warning in my first post.

Regarding MySQL:

i testing with 64 slot bf4 server. I having around 0 - 1 query per second during the round. At the end of the round i get a spike for 0,5 second due the streaming of the stats to the database. And below 4 active connections.

Dont dont could what kind of mysql you run. May you should try out MySQL Servers like Percona: http://www.percona.com/software/percona-server

edit:

Added Requirement hint in first post.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Rcon-Admin*:

Yeah it's held on a very (seriously) busy server so I can only guess that the load would be huge.

I won't share the info here but I will send you an email or PM containing the logs...

Would it help you, if you had access to our servers XpKiller?

I can give you the access should you need it, for further development?

Yeah we use MYSQL.. and MYQSL Workbench PHPMYADMIN and so on.

Again I send more info via PM if you wish and I am more than happy to allow access for you to test things out if need be.

Sandbox does seem to be the issue, as I said, I didn't see this notice before hand, only afterwards.

Many thanks and let me know if we can help.

Regards

Also, everyone MUST also remember, BF4 is still very new and everyone's not long had access to the codes and what's needed to run 3rd party admin tools, this does NOT help any of us. :smile:

Originally Posted by KennyR*:

@ Rcon-Admin

I run 12 servers to MySQL server.

+10 highly populated websites with 10GB of MySQL data per day.

So there is clearly something wrong with your server. So please don't say that this plugin should be removed..

Total use of the Procon SQL: 1GB...for 12 servers... and this 1GB is calculated with the website where the stats are shown itself and that website makes more requests for data to MySQL then the actual insert from Procon..

Also you could win 30% performance if you configure your server the right way.

@ Rcon-Admin

I run 12 servers to MySQL server.

+10 highly populated websites with 10GB of MySQL data per day.

So there is clearly something wrong with your server. So please don't say that this plugin should be removed..

Total use of the Procon SQL: 1GB...for 12 servers... and this 1GB is calculated with the website where the stats are shown itself and that website makes more requests for data to MySQL then the actual insert from Procon..

Also you could win 30% performance if you configure your server the right way.

KennyR;

I run 70+ MYSQL databases / servers / forums etc..

Adding and activating this plugin crashed it. (after 24-36 hours usage)

Nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you.

Also, 10GB MYSQL data transfer PER day is approx 25 million ++ rows of data PER day..

310GB per month!!

KennyR;

Adding and activating this plugin crashed it.

Thank you.

Okay if you want to go that way...

Disk Space (mb) 45974

Bandwidth (gb) 424.98

Domains 79

Users 44

Resellers 7

I can search for you for the total amount of databases. But like i said. There could be a misfire in your configuration :smile:.......

May i ask your specs of the server?

Yeah it's held on a very (seriously) busy server so I can only guess that the load would be huge.

I won't share the info here but I will send you an email or PM containing the logs...

Would it help you, if you had access to our servers XpKiller?

I can give you the access should you need it, for further development?

Yeah we use MYSQL.. and MYQSL Workbench PHPMYADMIN and so on.

Again I send more info via PM if you wish and I am more than happy to allow access for you to test things out if need be.

Sandbox does seem to be the issue, as I said, I didn't see this notice before hand, only afterwards.

Many thanks and let me know if we can help.

Regards

Also, everyone MUST also remember, BF4 is still very new and everyone's not long had access to the codes and what's needed to run 3rd party admin tools, this does NOT help any of us. :smile:

it could be helpful to what kind of load/queries stress the server and optimize them in the later versions.

if you like you could send me some info via pm about your mysql server, like specs, size of the innodb tablespace or the parts of the my.cnf file.

So i might can give you some recommendations.

Hi KennyR,

We are a ProCon hosting service, along another well known 3rd party Rcon tool hosting service, plus we host and manage web servers etc and as such our data transfer and bandwidth is - I suppose you could consider to be rather large....

Back to the original point, Morpheus has announced the issue and along with everyone else, we await a patch.

Many thanks

Hi XpKiller,

Will do.

I'll gather some info and some logs and we can chat via PM.

Many thanks again for your constant work and service for your users and hosters alike. :smile:

KennyR;

Adding and activating this plugin crashed it. (after 24-36 hours usage)

Thank you.

Also, sorry to say but a 10GB MYSQL data transfer PER day is approx 25 million ++ rows of data PER day..

You must have the total combined market quota for BF4 AND 3rd party hosting.

Probably bigger databases than DICE themselves at 310GB per month!!

:smile:

Nevermind. Enjoy here.

Edit: 25 million rows? Why does it have to be data? My websites/applications have visitors as well...generates also traffic (select, update, etc...).

If i look @ 2 sites, they have more then 10 million rows of only stats traffic...just saying.

But now you posted that error. Wait for update :smile:

Nevermind. Enjoy here.

Edit: 25 million rows? Why does it have to be data? My websites/application have visitors as well...generates also traffic.

If i look @ 2 sites, they have more then 10 million rows of only stats traffic...just saying.

I say: server config :biggrin:. but you are just talking like cr*p to me....i only try to help...

Hi,

Sorry I must be mistaken, I thought you said you used 10GB MYSQL data per day.

No, not talking like crap to you at all, we are at business level and trying to get some help into this situation.

If you've taken offence to any post I've made whilst asking for clarification on this, please rest assured that none was intended as all the intention is, is to find out how we can get the SQL database queries to work / co-exist with ProCon....

Many thanks again.

i know a mysql database (percona server btw.) which is writing 2500GB diskwrites per day, but its tablespacesize is below 100GB. Also the same db is running 400 - 1000 Queries per second avg.

So it highly depends on the workload and workingset.

So,

Tell me some more about Percona :cool:

Of course, everything is relative to workload, input/output and bandwidth

But we're digressing slightly, however, good discussion taking place.

I was going to divulge further but decided not to b/c of the nature of the thread.

Anyway, have some more work to do, so speak soon, I will send some logs and exchange some info via PM and I look forward to seeing the updates that are developing.

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Mandizzy*:

XpKiller, the plug-in is definitely not Welcome Stats variables. I change welcome message for both new and returning player on my layer, it seems to take it. However, when I restart my procon client, it shows default values again.

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

XpKiller, the plug-in is definitely not Welcome Stats variables. I change welcome message for both new and returning player on my layer, it seems to take it. However, when I restart my procon client, it shows default values again.

Procon saves plugin settings during the shutdown sequence, so it sounds like you are just killing the process to shut it down, which will cause plugins settings changed during the current instance to not save.

No, I'm just restarting my procon client, not the layer. Layer should still hold the updated variables and should save it whenever it shuts down. Am i correct?

Hmm strange, not sure what would be causing it then. When you change a variable on your client the change is actually made on the layer, so it should still be there between client instances. May want to ask a dev about that one...

Originally Posted by ANKKA32*:

Can someone help me with my problem? :S

Error: getUpdateServerID1: System.TimeoutException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.HandleOrRethrowE xception(Exception e)

at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.BufferedStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Strea m stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnecti onStringBuilder settings)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledCo nnection()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnecti on()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()

at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.getUpdateServerI D(CServerInfo csiServerInfo)

Originally Posted by tonnic*:

I get this in my console:

Code:

[23:46:48 41] [Statslogger]Error: Error in RegisterAllCommands: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.RegisterAllCommands()

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

We've just published a new version of Procon, containing a fix for the MySQL connector problem.

This should hopefully also fix some of the issues you were expecting, please let us know if you encounter additional errors.

Originally Posted by Athlon*:

No, I'm just restarting my procon client, not the layer. Layer should still hold the updated variables and should save it whenever it shuts down. Am i correct?

Just in case this is it (and sometimes it's the simplest of things).

When changing that text in the BF3 version of the plugin, my changes would not 'stick' if I typed them into the line itself.

However, if I opened up the little dialog box by clicking on the '...' to the right, entered by new text in the box and then used CTRL Enter to close the box it would save.

Originally Posted by reutnitzer*:

Hi,

We had some Errors as we running this Plugin, we use it with AdKats. After some restarts of our Procon layer runs it but i dont know what kind of error it was. I hope anyone can help me :smile:

[15:22:18 11] [statslogger]Error: Error in RegisterAllCommands: System.InvalidOperationException: Die Auflistung wurde geändert. Der Enumerationsvorgang kann möglicherweise nicht ausgeführt werden.

bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( ExceptionResource resource)

bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator .MoveNext()

bei PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.RegisterAllComma nds()

and

[15:29:59 25] [statslogger]Error: getUpdateServerID1: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.getUpdateServerI D(CServerInfo csiServerInfo)

Greetings

reutnitzer

Is it safe to upgrade? I see alot of error problems?

Upgrade from what? You cannot use this version on the BF3 version's database, it requires a completely different database. He is working on a script to import your information from the BF3 version.

Originally Posted by reutnitzer*:

On our Servers it runs too but this error Message shows me the Plugin.

[15:22:18 11] [statslogger]Error: Error in RegisterAllCommands: System.InvalidOperationException: Die Auflistung wurde geändert. Der Enumerationsvorgang kann möglicherweise nicht ausgeführt werden.

bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( ExceptionResource resource)

and

[15:29:59 25] [statslogger]Error: getUpdateServerID1: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei PRoConEvents.CChatGUIDStatsLogger.getUpdateServerI D(CServerInfo csiServerInfo)

but i dont know what it means

I hope collonel ore anyone can help me.

Greetings

reutnitzer

On our Servers it runs too but this error Message shows me the Plugin.

and

but i dont know what it means

I hope collonel ore anyone can help me.

Greetings

reutnitzer

do you running adkat too?