On-Spawn Loadout Enforcer for Infantry/Vehicles - AdKatsLRT

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

It has been brought up before though I haven't see anything recently about it. Will bump idea.

CCC: Would you be open to the idea of expanding this plugin to enable a per team limit for specific weapons? The two area's I'd like to try it with are sniper rifles and mortars.

Sniper rifles: Max number of users with actual sniper rifles (or potentially DMRs_) per side. After X number of slots have been taken, additional players spawning with sniper rifles in their loadout are auto killed. Messages could be sent out pre-spawn: No available sniper slots.

Mortars: Allow a max number per team. Once that limit has been reached, do not allow other users with mortar to spawn.

For both scenarios there would likely need to be a mostly-fair way to ensure that the fast loaders are not the ones who always get a restricted slot. Heck, this could be applied to all gadgets.

I realize there is a plugin that does something like this already but what it doesn't do is check on spawn (as this data isn't reported via rcon). The issue with other plugins which do not have 'live' data is that players will be in the thick of it and be admin killed once they get a kill with a limited weapon.

We could fund the development of these features if this is something you are interested in pursuing.

I could add this as a funded feature with first-spawn-first-serve on a number of weapon slots per team. The player keeping their slot until they respawn without that weapon, leave the server, or the round ends.

You shouldn't see an issue with fast loaders if you have your player ready count before round start at a reasonable level, that's why they added it back in the first place.

Additional announcements could be added when slots are freed up mid-round, and when they are taken again.

I would probably need to have separate limits for both weapon categories and the individual weapons themselves. That's a lot.

If you want to go ahead with this open a ticket on the LRT repo and we can discuss it there.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Fonta*:

Nice, thx!

What are btw the latests developments to the plugin?

While I'm here, we started having some troubles with people who suddenly are getting killed by the plugin while they don't have any forbidden weapons and didn't have them.

It happened to me too. I was constantly playing assault, on a sudden moment i spawn as an assault, and get a kill for having c4 on me. Dat was awkward :sad:

Besides that, the plugin sometimes still kills you after you changed your loadout.

Are these known issues? What can I do to prevent these things from happening?

Disabling and enabling the plugin seems to solve things for a short time.

While disabling it shows some delays.

Posted Image

This also got my attention:

Posted Image

And not much later:

Posted Image

Incorrect action can happen due to battlelog lagging on updating a player's loadout. It's rare but it happens and there is nothing the plugin can do about it, it needs to trust battlelog.

Secondly, those kills are intentional. When a player is admin killed they can still be revived, this makes sure they stay dead until the 'man down' time is over and they must respawn. It issues admin kill on them every half second for 7.5 seconds.

Is it also Battlelog lagging when players play assault, get killed, respawn and get a admin kill for having c4?

When that happens look at their battlelog page, it will show their active class as support or recon with C4 when they are actually assault in game. LRT has no other way of knowing which class they spawned as, so it has to believe battlelog.

Originally Posted by Fonta*:

Strange thing this Battlelog. It happened to me too.

I even didn't touch the support or recon class.

Playing assault all round, died, respawn as assault and get killed for having c4 in my loadout :sad:

It's a very nice plugin to ban weapons/gadgets from a server, but it's not flawless unfortunatly.

Strange thing this Battlelog. It happened to me too.

I even didn't touch the support or recon class.

Playing assault all round, died, respawn as assault and get killed for having c4 in my loadout :sad:

It's a very nice plugin to ban weapons/gadgets from a server, but it's not flawless unfortunatly.

The plugin itself is fine, battlelog just lags on loadout updates at times; it's rare but it does happen. If this was an issue with the plugin it would have been fixed already.

EDIT: Yeah, looking over things again there is no other way to get this information. Battlelog must be trusted, and if it fails to give updated info there is no way to know it is invalid.

Internet is being installed at my new place tonight, i'll have the weapons updated then.

Same applies to damage stats for the anti-cheat systems in AdKats.

Originally Posted by N0ct3m*:

I purchased the plugin in the middle of the night and got a very fast response of ColConolCleaner...

After installing, everything works correctly and is easy to configure. Again great plugin :smile:

While i set up the Server i got one idea:

could u add automatic map-specific Serverrule-messages at adkats or combined with the loadoutenforcer to autoadd the forbidden-weapons? Because i dont want to add a rule like "NO ROCKETS AT LOCKER".

A Message like: "Forbidden Weapons: Rockets, ..." with a delay-time from spawn

wich is only activated at the maps wich are set at the loadout Enforcer - that would be great :smile:

/N0c

I purchased the plugin in the middle of the night and got a very fast response of ColConolCleaner...

After installing, everything works correctly and is easy to configure. Again great plugin :smile:

While i set up the Server i got one idea:

could u add automatic map-specific Serverrule-messages at adkats or combined with the loadoutenforcer to autoadd the forbidden-weapons? Because i dont want to add a rule like "NO ROCKETS AT LOCKER".

A Message like: "Forbidden Weapons: Rockets, ..." with a delay-time from spawn

wich is only activated at the maps wich are set at the loadout Enforcer - that would be great :smile:

/N0c

Some possible problems with this suggestion. If a message was added after spawn they would already be dead when the message displays if they have the invalid weapon, making the message redundant. If players don't have the weapon on spawn the message is meaningless because they are already following the rules. If you add the message before spawn many don't read that on join, so they just spawn and die anyway. We've noticed this when some players do get slain for invalid loadouts; they will send messages in chat wondering why they are dying even though their chat box and screen are being filled with messages about why it's happening.

Adding a rule would be the best option in this case, considering it is a rule on your server.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

I notice that the current version of this program is 2.0.2.2 and I am running 2.0.20. I have rebooted this server several times and it will not update. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to manually update this instead?

I notice that the current version of this program is 2.0.2.2 and I am running 2.0.20. I have rebooted this server several times and it will not update. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to manually update this instead?

It won't auto-update without a valid token because the repository is private. Please sign into github then get an updated token here https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats-LRT...r/AdKatsLRT.cs

Put the token (found in the generated URL) into section A14 of AdKats and it will automatically install the latest version.

It won't auto-update without a valid token because the repository is private. Please sign into github then get an updated token here https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats-LRT...r/AdKatsLRT.cs

Put the token (found in the generated URL) into section A14 of AdKats and it will automatically install the latest version.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by cuzzer*:

Great Great plugin! so many options to use and great plugin support. I had a problem with getting it to work properly and ColColonCleaner figured it out it was my Layer and got me a fix around and sorted it straight away... can't ask for too much more. Thanks

Great Great plugin! so many options to use and great plugin support. I had a problem with getting it to work properly and ColColonCleaner figured it out it was my Layer and got me a fix around and sorted it straight away... can't ask for too much more. Thanks

I used to have a blocking system in place to disallow plugin start if your layer clock was wrong by more than 5 minutes, but that blocked too many people from using the plugin as their layer host wouldn't sync the clocks. I added a system to mitigate problems with incorrect clocks but certainly didn't expect to see someone whose clock was wrong by 22 hours, lol.

Furthermore, please make sure you are not disallowing certain things by default. For example M67 is the default unlock grenade and cannot be removed. If you block that weapon new players will be completely unable to spawn in your server.

I am having an issue with this again. For the last two days, I have been trying to get a new token to place into Adkats so it would stop posting that it could not update. When I log onto Github and put in this link: https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats-LRT...r/AdKatsLRT.cs

it takes me to a page that has 404 error (Page not found). When you first posted this to me, I had to try this several times for it to work. And I am not sure how I finally got it to show a token number on the URL section.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I used to have a blocking system in place to disallow plugin start if your layer clock was wrong by more than 5 minutes, but that blocked too many people from using the plugin as their layer host wouldn't sync the clocks. I added a system to mitigate problems with incorrect clocks but certainly didn't expect to see someone whose clock was wrong by 22 hours, lol.

Furthermore, please make sure you are not disallowing certain things by default. For example M67 is the default unlock grenade and cannot be removed. If you block that weapon new players will be completely unable to spawn in your server.

I know 22 hours is so out lol.. I disabled that Layer and got one from Gameservers.com reloaded the plugins and its has no time issues now, working like a charm (but thanks for the quick workaround fix at the time) .

Also I figured out that M67 needs to be available or no newbies can play haha :smile:

dam i need plugin like that :sad:

Hey what server are you running_.. eg. what weapons do you wish to ban?

PM me I might be able to help with some "On Kill rules" (unless you have made them allready) as I had an Pistols/Knives only server on BFHL obviously will not be a loadout enforcer tho.

Having problems getting this to work!

I want to ban the use of the M84 Flashbang on my servers. I have been experimenting with it on myself and I cannot get it to work and I am able to use the M84 without punishment. I have set to spawn enforced admins to true since I am an admin. I have set the M84 to deny both on allow on trigger and allow on spawn.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I have also rebooted both the layer server and game server and I still cannot get it to prohibit me from using the M84.

Thanks in advance.

Having problems getting this to work!

I want to ban the use of the M84 Flashbang on my servers. I have been experimenting with it on myself and I cannot get it to work and I am able to use the M84 without punishment. I have set to spawn enforced admins to true since I am an admin. I have set the M84 to deny both on allow on trigger and allow on spawn.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I have also rebooted both the layer server and game server and I still cannot get it to prohibit me from using the M84.

Thanks in advance.

Are other random players able to spawn with it without action?

Did you also enable spawn enforcement of reputable players?

Yes, I have it set to True and the trigger enforcement Min. Infraction points set at 6.

I have not tried it on our other populated servers yet. I was just trying to test it out to see how it works and if it worked. Does me being an admin make some kind of difference?

Also, do I have to reboot servers every time I make a change or add a prohibited weapon?

I guess I can try it out on our other servers to see what it does with random players but I wanted to test it first and then add warnings on our server description before implementing it.

I am still having issues with this working on 2 of my 4 servers. Each of our servers has their own layer server to run Adkats and On Spawn loadout.

On the servers that this plugin does not work on, It will not take any action on the person using the prohibited weapon and post no text. Funny thing is, these two servers are the same two servers that will not work with BFadminCP. I am not sure what is going on with these two servers. Both servers state that Adkats in online and working, both state that the on spawn load out is working and on-line.

What should I do to figure out what is keeping this system from working. The other two servers we have, it works like a charm!