Adaptive Server Size (1.3.5.3 - 06/14/15)

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by roconnor04*:

Upgraded to the new version of procon... caused some weird command lag issues that i need to investigate before posting for help on here. I rolled back to version 1.1.1.0 but for some reason CAdaptiveServerSize plugin is coming back with the following error:

CAdaptiveServerSize.cs (Line: 552, C: 30) CS0115: 'PRoConEvents.CAdaptiveServerSize.OnLevelLoaded(st ring, string, int, int)': no suitable method found to override

below is the code for that line

public override void OnLevelLoaded(string mapFileName, string Gamemode, int roundsPlayed, int roundsTotal) {

if (this.m_enServerSize == enumBoolYesNo.Yes && DateTime.UtcNow.Ticks/10000000 - m_lLastLevelLoaded > 5) {

if (this.m_blRoundEnded == false)

{

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "mapList.restartRound");

}

else

{

m_lLastLevelLoaded = DateTime.UtcNow.Ticks/10000000;

this.m_blRoundEnded = false;

this.m_blNextRoundStarted = false;

this.m_iServerSizeAtStart = this.m_iCurrentServerSize;

WritePluginConsole("INFO -> Level loaded.");

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "vars.maxPlayers");

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.listPlayers all");

}

}

}

Any help would be excellent.

:biggrin:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Upgraded to the new version of procon... caused some weird command lag issues that i need to investigate before posting for help on here. I rolled back to version 1.1.1.0 but for some reason CAdaptiveServerSize plugin is coming back with the following error:

CAdaptiveServerSize.cs (Line: 552, C: 30) CS0115: 'PRoConEvents.CAdaptiveServerSize.OnLevelLoaded(st ring, string, int, int)': no suitable method found to override

You need to use PRoCon 1.1.1.1. The previous version didn't support some of the BF3-specific methods that are required to use this plugin, such as OnLevelLoaded.

Originally Posted by roconnor04*:

oh man i think i must be tired.... im such a (*insert idiot related comment here*) I was rolling back to the wrong version .

Thanks for the very prompt response

*walks away with head hung in shame*

Yes it does. If a new player joines the server. The playernumber of the server is refreshed. check it yourself. if it gets stuck again, join yourself and you will see. The problem is if it happens during the round.

I wonder if EA/DICE even knows about this problem. How would one go about reporting it?

Originally Posted by Panther*:

I wonder if EA/DICE even knows about this problem. How would one go about reporting it?

I have contacted MikaelKalms on twitter with this and he told me that he will farward it to battlelog-team to check this. He further told me, that he is not exaclty sure if it is a battlelog problem or the server not sending the right information, but that he is very sure that it is the new queue system, since this problems didn't exist before. We will see.

Feel free to ad me at twitter. @HRPanter

MikaelKalms always answers me fast. He is one of the only Devs answering at the moment.

Originally Posted by Ghostryder81*:

I have a strange error (dont now if I even can call it "error").

When using the adaptiv server size plugin procon and gametracker shows my server only as an 32er...even there are 64 playing on it.

In battlelog it shows 64. I only have conquestLarge maps in the maplist.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

In you host cpanel what size is the server set at?

What maps are listed in your cpanel?

Do these match the same settings in ProCon?

Try disableing and re-enabling the plugin and see if it fixes it.

Originally Posted by Ghostryder81*:

In you host cpanel what size is the server set at?

What maps are listed in your cpanel?

Do these match the same settings in ProCon?

Try disableing and re-enabling the plugin and see if it fixes it.

MP_Subway ConquestLarge0 1

MP_003 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_007 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_011 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_012 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_013 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_017 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_018 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_001 ConquestLarge0 1

and yes, exact same settings in procon.

Allready tried with disabling and re-enabling the plugin. Still shows only 32 in procon and gametracker. I even restarted the procon layer while plugin was disabled..problem still exists.

But as I told, in Battlelog the size is shown correct with 64.

If I disable the plugin and restart the gameserver it show 64 in procon and gametracker.

Originally Posted by Narf!*:

It's not the plugin. You're starting with Subway. That's a 32 player map. Procon, Gametracker and so on will always show 32 players available if you start your server with this map. Start it with a map which is done for 64 players, and you'll see 64 in Procon or somewhere else. Firestorm Conquest large for example, this would fix it. Even if you change to Operation Metro. Don't know why, but it's fact. Just had this issue before using this plugin. Believe me, it's not a fault of ASS.

Originally Posted by XSGamers*:

It's not the plugin. You're starting with Subway. That's a 32 player map. Procon, Gametracker and so on will always show 32 players available if you start your server with this map. Start it with a map which is done for 64 players, and you'll see 64 in Procon or somewhere else. Firestorm Conquest large for example, this would fix it. Even if you change to Operation Metro. Don't know why, but it's fact. Just had this issue before using this plugin. Believe me, it's not a fault of ASS.

Subway Conquest Large isn't a 32 player map, it's 64, just like any Conquest Large map?

There's some servers out there that run solely Metro Large Conquest.

MP_Subway ConquestLarge0 1

MP_003 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_007 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_011 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_012 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_013 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_017 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_018 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_001 ConquestLarge0 1

and yes, exact same settings in procon.

Allready tried with disabling and re-enabling the plugin. Still shows only 32 in procon and gametracker. I even restarted the procon layer while plugin was disabled..problem still exists.

But as I told, in Battlelog the size is shown correct with 64.

If I disable the plugin and restart the gameserver it show 64 in procon and gametracker.

In cpanel.. what is your "Gametype" set at?

Originally Posted by PBSGTS*:

Will it be possible to put a rush 64 slots server with this plugin?

Would you have an idea to put the servers 64 slots rush!

Thank you!

Why wouldn't it be? What part of the plugin makes you think it would be limited to a particular number of players?

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing*:

Since the release of r9/r10 getting our server started has been a little easier. Yesterday I installed the Adaptive Server Size plugin and we where able to the server started in about half the time!

Donations will be coming soon! (right after I pay hosting fees)

I tried to put the servers 64 slots RUSH!

But still remains on Procon 32 slots and 64 of battlelog!

I see lots of servers in 64 RUSH, I was just trying to find how!

Thank you

This is a bit off-topic, once again, but if it shows 64 in Battlelog, then 64 players can join your server. The reason PRoCon says 32 is due to the serverInfo bug. You just have to ignore it.

Since the release of r9/r10 getting our server started has been a little easier. Yesterday I installed the Adaptive Server Size plugin and we where able to the server started in about half the time!

Donations will be coming soon! (right after I pay hosting fees)

Yay! Finally, another on-topic post! Glad you enjoy it! :ohmy:

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

Doesn't seem to be working on my 64 slot server. Does it work with the latest version of PRoCon? I'm pretty sure its working on my 32 slot, though. Currently my server is 20/64, so it should set the size to 32, but it's not doing anything. Server Browser shows a 64 max slot as well.

Enable Adaptive? Yes

Assume max server? No

Max size = 64

@ 20 = 32

Edit, it finally clicked and working now, not sure what took it so long:

[13:57:50 12] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 17 players online. 2 players joining. Server size set to 32. Round started at 64.

[13:58:17 65] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 20 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 32. Round started at 64.

In a nut shell... it fixes 3 issues.

1) Most players like to play on servers that appear full.

2) EA Quickmatch likes to put players in servers that are 3/4 full.

3) Most players choose filter settings of 1-5 empty slots.

What this plugin does is change your server size as it fill.. so it starts out at default of 8 slots and when it gets to about 10 it jumps your server to 16 slots.. then when it gets to around 20 it jumps it up to 32.. then 48.. then 64.. so in everyones eyes it appears you are running a popular server.

However all of these settings can be adjusted.. I set our 64 slot server to jump up 6 slots at a time as people join and it fills up in about 20 min from empty.

Originally Posted by droopie*:

In a nut shell... it fixes 3 issues.

1) Most players like to play on servers that appear full.

2) EA Quickmatch likes to put players in servers that are 3/4 full.

3) Most players choose filter settings of 1-5 empty slots.

What this plugin does is change your server size as it fill.. so it starts out at default of 8 slots and when it gets to about 10 it jumps your server to 16 slots.. then when it gets to around 20 it jumps it up to 32.. then 48.. then 64.. so in everyones eyes it appears you are running a popular server.

However all of these settings can be adjusted.. I set our 64 slot server to jump up 6 slots at a time as people join and it fills up in about 20 min from empty.

so it shows like the player count higher then what the server really has? this sounds great for getting servers started if thats what it does!!!!

No.. it doesn't fake the player count.. it changes the server size.

If you have a 64 slot server you will never fill it with only 4 people in it.. so the plugin changes your server size to 8.. so now your server looks like its half full at 4/8.. as players join it slowely increases your server size just ahead of your number of players.. so the server always looks like its almost full.

Originally Posted by droopie*:

No.. it doesn't fake the player count.. it changes the server size.

If you have a 64 slot server you will never fill it with only 4 people in it.. so the plugin changes your server size to 8.. so now your server looks like its half full at 4/8.. as players join it slowely increases your server size just ahead of your number of players.. so the server always looks like its almost full.

ah understood i did see it had 1 out of 8 players in procon. thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

Falcon... Your plugin is absolutely frikken amazing. I was able to get our server started by only seeding it myself. Its been full for 12 hours now.

If this keeps up, I will be sending you a donation.

A bit off topic but, is there a plugin out there that manages number of tickets and map rotation based on number of players?

Falcon... Your plugin is absolutely frikken amazing. I was able to get our server started by only seeding it myself. Its been full for 12 hours now.

If this keeps up, I will be sending you a donation.

A bit off topic but, is there a plugin out there that manages number of tickets and map rotation based on number of players?

I have put this bug in Falcons ear once.. it would actually fit nicely inside this plugin. Just another option below the Maximum server size option. I think it would be nice to set up like 3-4 optional steps. Just like the adaptive player list.. have another column where you choose number of tickets as well. And maybe even set another variable like if less than # of players VehiclesDisabled.

Example settings screen:

Adaptive QuickMatch Settings:

Enable adaptive QuickMatch settings? YES

Default round start player count: 4

Default round restart player count: 2

Adaptive Ticket Settings:

Enable adaptive Ticket settings? YES

Adaptive Vehicle Settings:

Enable adaptive Vehicle settings? YES

Enable vehicles when server reaches # of players: 10

Adaptive Server Size:

Enable adaptive server size? YES

On startup, assume round started at max server size? YES

Maximum server size: 64

Size with 0 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 1 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 2 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 3 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 4 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 5 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 6 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 7 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 8 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 9 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 10 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 11 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 12 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 13 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 14 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 15 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 35 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 36 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 37 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 38 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 50 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 51 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 52 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 53 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 54 players 64 Tickets 200%

and so on.. and have the "players" and the "tickets" be user adjustable settings with default ones there as a guidline.

Not sure if ticket size and vehicle disabled requires a server restart or map restart.. or how it will effect ranked vs unranked.. but this would be my idea.

This could be the best plugin EVER.. :P