Adaptive Server Size (1.3.5.3 - 06/14/15)

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

I have put this bug in Falcons ear once.. it would actually fit nicely inside this plugin. Just another option below the Maximum server size option. I think it would be nice to set up like 3-4 optional steps. Just like the adaptive player list.. have another column where you choose number of tickets as well. And maybe even set another variable like if less than # of players VehiclesDisabled.

Example settings screen:

Adaptive QuickMatch Settings:

Enable adaptive QuickMatch settings? YES

Default round start player count: 4

Default round restart player count: 2

Adaptive Ticket Settings:

Enable adaptive Ticket settings? YES

Adaptive Vehicle Settings:

Enable adaptive Vehicle settings? YES

Enable vehicles when server reaches # of players: 10

Adaptive Server Size:

Enable adaptive server size? YES

On startup, assume round started at max server size? YES

Maximum server size: 64

Size with 0 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 1 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 2 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 3 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 4 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 5 players 8 Tickets 50%

Size with 6 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 7 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 8 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 9 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 10 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 11 players 16 Tickets 50%

Size with 12 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 13 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 14 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 15 players 32 Tickets 100%

Size with 35 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 36 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 37 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 38 players 48 Tickets 150%

Size with 50 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 51 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 52 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 53 players 64 Tickets 200%

Size with 54 players 64 Tickets 200%

and so on.. and have the "players" and the "tickets" be user adjustable settings with default ones there as a guidline.

Not sure if ticket size and vehicle disabled requires a server restart or map restart.. or how it will effect ranked vs unranked.. but this would be my idea.

This could be the best plugin EVER.. :P

Yes I would LOVE it if this plugin could do all that. This plugin would be untouchable and the best if it had all these extras which are extremely helpfull keeping the game fun and balanced.

It would be important to know if there are reprecussions to making changes to tickets/vehicles like whether or not server becomes unranked and also if any changes to these settings makes QM not possible or less likely to work.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by XSGamers*:

Ticket size doesn't affect Ranking. We run a 32-slot 500 ticket & a 48-slot 1000 ticket server & remain Ranked.

Not sure if the increase in Ticket size requires a server restart or not though as the `vars.gameModeCounter` is set in our startup.txt. Someone will have to test if that can be altered in console whilst in a round.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Ticket size doesn't affect Ranking. We run a 32-slot 500 ticket & a 48-slot 1000 ticket server & remain Ranked.

Not sure if the increase in Ticket size requires a server restart or not though as the `vars.gameModeCounter` is set in our startup.txt. Someone will have to test if that can be altered in console whilst in a round.

It can be altered at any time, but it will not take effect until the next round starts.

It is on my to-do list, but I'm not sure if it will be integrated into this plugin. I think making it separate would be less confusing, overall.

Originally Posted by Hagbard023*:

Hey, I really appreciate all the effort you have put in this plugin. It is of great value when it comes to filling up/keeping alive the server. The only flaw I see is that it often reacts very slowly. Sometimes it updates the size as fast as light tho. It's kinda unpredictable.

Well, I've been reading through this thread and I really hope you can reconsider this:

yeah, i thought that you could fire it up with your new code implemented in onPlayerJoin. I know it it is not update when a player joins, but your logic is in serverInfo and the size of the server will only update if serverInfo is fired. Maybe you can move this logic out of onServerinfo and fire it up seperatly when a player joins and on serverInfo. Not sure how much this would change the code.

This could resolve the above stated issues and it should not have any negative effects on a server unless its running a crapload of plugins. I mean your plugin is so much more important than any other I know - I think it deserves to rely on serverInfo and listPlayers..

kind regards,

hagbard

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

I downloaded the plug in added the files to right folders but i do not see the plug in on procon I do notice when procon is started it loads the .dll of adaptiveserver but still do not see it help please o.0

You should have:

CAdaptiveServerSize.inc in the Plugins folder

and

CAdaptiveServerSize.cs & CAdaptiveServerSize.dll in the BF3 folder.

Make sure to restart your ProCon server and layer as well.

Originally Posted by CaptainStabbinz*:

You should have:

CAdaptiveServerSize.inc in the Plugins folder

and

CAdaptiveServerSize.cs & CAdaptiveServerSize.dll in the BF3 folder.

Make sure to restart your ProCon server and layer as well.

Tried to delete post i found it i had to go to tools options nad uncheck local plugins to be able to see the tab and the plug in thanks for fast reply though btw should i set on startup, assume round started is servers max size ?

Originally Posted by Panther*:

If you had to uncheck that option in local, you are using a layer server. You will have to install the Plugins on the Layerserver, not on the PRoCon you are using at home.

Tried to delete post i found it i had to go to tools options nad uncheck local plugins to be able to see the tab and the plug in thanks for fast reply though btw should i set on startup, assume round started is servers max size ?

Very odd, on my 64 player server with the adaptive server size plugin it will never go above 32 players.

I have a issue now that I got it running (btw the server was full not even 45 mins after throwing it on) But when i hit 23/24 it wont allow the 24th to conenct it starts a queue up any clue i do notice it says 1 unknown connected could that be the slot and what would it be ?

Gamemode is Conquest/Rush mix 24 man

Enable adaptive Qucikmatch settings: yes

Default round start player count:4

Default round restart player count:2

Enable adaptive server size: yes

ON startup,assume round started at max server size: yes

Maximum server size 24

Cpanel says 24 also

Originally Posted by WaxMyCarrot*:

Gamemode is Conquest/Rush mix 24 man

Enable adaptive Qucikmatch settings: yes

Default round start player count:4

Default round restart player count:2

Enable adaptive server size: yes

ON startup,assume round started at max server size: yes

Maximum server size 24

Cpanel says 24 also

I think you have this bug.. read here.

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ion-bf3-server*

Originally Posted by tehslippery*:

Thank you very much for this plugin and allowing us to set the max players based on current players ourselves (I use slightly different then your defaults). After watching this fill my server with only 1 afk seed I threw a donation your way. Good work!

New version is up. Finally implemented what Panther and Hagbard023 were commenting about. I also added a PayPal donation option, which I'm going to put in my signature. Thanks to all who have donated so far. I didn't have much time to work on plugins this weekend, but hopefully I'll get something new out in the upcoming week or so.

1.2.3.0 (12/05/2011)

- added additional checks on player join/leave in order to improve accuracy

- added PayPal donation option

Originally Posted by GarG4mel*:

another thing, but i don't know if thats out of scope of this plugin: If you have a rush-map (aka 32 players max) in your maplist, and want to switch to a 64 conquest map afterwards (obviously adding the conquest map to the maplist yourself), i wasn't able to issue a vars.maxplayers 64 command until i manually executed "maplist.clear" and readded the conquest map. Just fyi :ohmy:

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nks

YES IT IS

PLEASE add this to the plugin!

copy maplist in buffer

mapList.clear

copymap in maplist

call it ...slot report debuger!!!

:smile:

Originally Posted by GitSum*:

Wait a minute - there is a setting > "On startup, assume round started at max server size?

That should be set to NO.

So you have a 64 slot server and you were playing a smaller map, I believe when the round changes this plugin is supposed to set the server size to max and then scale it back to what ever settings you have for the number of players__?

PLEASE add this to the plugin!

copy maplist in buffer

mapList.clear

copymap in maplist

This is a server-side bug that doesn't affect the actual number of players allowed in the game. It only affects what is displayed in PRoCon. Adding and removing maps is beyond the scope of this plugin. It should be created as a separate plugin or added to some other plugin that deals with maplists.

Wait a minute - there is a setting > "On startup, assume round started at max server size?

That should be set to NO.

So you have a 64 slot server and you were playing a smaller map, I believe when the round changes this plugin is supposed to set the server size to max and then scale it back to what ever settings you have for the number of players__?

If you consistently use this plugin, that setting should be set to YES.

This setting only affects whether or not the plugin will expand the server beyond it's current size when the plugin is enabled (i.e. your layer server restarts). If you're always using this plugin, every round will have started at max size, so it's safe to put this at YES.

Originally Posted by jtsiper*:

I am unable to modify the defaults of 4 and 2 after the patch to R11 to defaults of 1 and 1

Default round start player count

Sets the desired round start player count when the server is empty.

Default round restart player count

Sets the desired round restart player count when the server is empty.

jt

Originally Posted by tehslippery*:

Seemed to work fine to me. I just restarted my server to change those settings in my default profile and instantly had 2 people on after. PRoCon shows them playing.

I'm still patching the game myself so I can't see how it is.

Originally Posted by jtsiper*:

Seemed to work fine to me. I just restarted my server to change those settings in my default profile and instantly had 2 people on after. PRoCon shows them playing.

I'm still patching the game myself so I can't see how it is.

when i try to change them to 1 and 1 it just puts back the 4 and 2