Adaptive Ticket Count (1.2.1.1 - 12/08/13)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Shifty*:

Umm... this has nothing to do with this plugin. This plugin changes the number of tickets, not the server size.

Damn, your correct, I searched using the search bar, and this was the one I went on, my bad.

I'll find the correct section.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by waudrius*:

Suggestion for feature releases:

Add the possibility to change default ticket values in your plugin's menu. This is the code from your great plugin with default values:

Code:

this.m_DMapTickets             = new Dictionary<string, int[] >();
            // Values: ConquestLarge0 x 2, ConquestSmall0 x 2, ConquestSmall1 x 2
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_Subway", new int[6] {350, 350, 350, 350, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_013", new int[6] {300, 300, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_007", new int[6] {300, 300, 150, 150, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_012", new int[6] {300, 300, 200, 200, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_003", new int[6] {300, 300, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_001", new int[6] {400, 400, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_018", new int[6] {300, 300, 200, 200, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_017", new int[6] {300, 300, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_011", new int[6] {400, 400, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_001", new int[6] {350, 300, 250, 200, 250, 200});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_002", new int[6] {300, 330, 200, 230, 230, 200});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_003", new int[6] {300, 350, 200, 250, 200, 230});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_004", new int[6] {400, 300, 280, 200, 0, 0});
For example: we want to lower the tickets (default tickets for calculation) for MP_001 - "Grand Bazaar" in ConquestLarge0 from 400 to 300.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Suggestion for feature releases:

Add the possibility to change default ticket values in your plugin's menu. This is the code from your great plugin with default values:

Code:

this.m_DMapTickets             = new Dictionary<string, int[] >();
            // Values: ConquestLarge0 x 2, ConquestSmall0 x 2, ConquestSmall1 x 2
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_Subway", new int[6] {350, 350, 350, 350, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_013", new int[6] {300, 300, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_007", new int[6] {300, 300, 150, 150, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_012", new int[6] {300, 300, 200, 200, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_003", new int[6] {300, 300, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_001", new int[6] {400, 400, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_018", new int[6] {300, 300, 200, 200, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_017", new int[6] {300, 300, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("MP_011", new int[6] {400, 400, 250, 250, 0, 0});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_001", new int[6] {350, 300, 250, 200, 250, 200});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_002", new int[6] {300, 330, 200, 230, 230, 200});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_003", new int[6] {300, 350, 200, 250, 200, 230});
            this.m_DMapTickets.Add("XP1_004", new int[6] {400, 300, 280, 200, 0, 0});
For example: we want to lower the tickets (default tickets for calculation) for MP_001 - "Grand Bazaar" in ConquestLarge0 from 400 to 300.
Those values are used in order to accurately calculate the tickets percentage value necessary to achieve a specific ticket count on each map and game mode. If you'd like to edit the code in order to suit some custom needs, that's cool, but I won't be adding the ability to change these values via the plugin options, as it would simply confuse most users.

Originally Posted by Workaholic*:

Same problem again today :

The map switched (aprox 11:15-21) and player count was set to 0?

http://paste.org/43816

This error

[10:59:35] Server: request S: 2715 [0-procon.plugin.onConsole] [1--8588748989161947300] [2-AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 29 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 0, but should be 32. Round started at 0. Waiting for round to end.]

I am seeing it on three different servers now. I am using in game admin, your plugin and the true balancer BF3

On my 4th server I am seeing the same problem but it is not being set to 0 but the last value your plugin has set it to :

[11:31:50 93] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 4 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 4, but should be 8. Round started at 4. Waiting for round to end.

[11:31:55 06] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 4 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 4, but should be 8. Round started at 4. Waiting for round to end.

and it does not change.. have to fix it manualy

I really do hope you can fix this plugin. The older version works perfectly and has run stable for weeks!

When fixed I hope you can also implement this feature:

Change to 32 player map and switch to 64 player map and remove the 32 player map from the cycle. We are doing this manualy now to get our Karkand 64 slot server full.

1) Switch to wake island conquest small. Wait for it to fill up

2) set next map 64 slots map

3) remove 32 slots wake island map

4) done

Originally Posted by QUACK-Major-Pain*:

Read the error: [10:59:35] Server: request S: 2715 [0-procon.plugin.onConsole] [1--8588748989161947300] [2- AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 29 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 0, but should be 32. Round started at 0. Waiting for round to end.]

Your in the wrong thread.

This plugin adjusts tickets, not slots.

Same problem again today :

The map switched (aprox 11:15-21) and player count was set to 0?

http://paste.org/43816

This error

[10:59:35] Server: request S: 2715 [0-procon.plugin.onConsole] [1--8588748989161947300] [2-AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 29 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 0, but should be 32. Round started at 0. Waiting for round to end.]

You posted this in the wrong thread. Perhaps an admin will fix it.

But, your problem is that you're running an old version (1.3.2.0). You need to upgrade to 1.3.2.5.

When fixed I hope you can also implement this feature:

Change to 32 player map and switch to 64 player map and remove the 32 player map from the cycle. We are doing this manualy now to get our Karkand 64 slot server full.

1) Switch to wake island conquest small. Wait for it to fill up

2) set next map 64 slots map

3) remove 32 slots wake island map

4) done

You need to get Ultimate Map Manager, which can be found here:

page1/index.html*

Originally Posted by *UWS*SAMPSON*:

@ Falcontx

I have set the plugin to No for "change tickets on conquest only". Units used to "actual # of tickets".

However it was not getting the correct amount of tickets in rush mode for attackers, it allotted fewer tickets than set.

I turned debug mode on but couldn't find a response from it. I then did a few short tests and figured out it was taking a percentage of tickets. But then I had to figure out percentage of what #. 400 seems to be the default #.

So in order for attackers to have 75 tickets with a full 16 slot server, I had to set # of tickets to 400. I assume this would only work for servers previously configured to 75 ticket rush mode. Another ex) I want my attackers to have 43 tickets when the server is at 8 slots, so I input 234.

Pretty strange, or maybe I'm just not getting something, but this works just fine for me, I just figured I put this out here if someone else was having the same issue.

@ Falcontx

I have set the plugin to No for "change tickets on conquest only". Units used to "actual # of tickets".

However it was not getting the correct amount of tickets in rush mode for attackers, it allotted fewer tickets than set.

I turned debug mode on but couldn't find a response from it. I then did a few short tests and figured out it was taking a percentage of tickets. But then I had to figure out percentage of what #. 400 seems to be the default #.

So in order for attackers to have 75 tickets with a full 16 slot server, I had to set # of tickets to 400. I assume this would only work for servers previously configured to 75 ticket rush mode. Another ex) I want my attackers to have 43 tickets when the server is at 8 slots, so I input 234.

Pretty strange, or maybe I'm just not getting something, but this works just fine for me, I just figured I put this out here if someone else was having the same issue.

Yeah. "Actual # of tickets" doesn't work properly for modes other than Conquest. It's a bug, but no one had reported it until now. I'll put it on my todo list.

Originally Posted by KunninLynguist*:

I cannot get this to show in my Plugins list. I've installed it on the layer in the exact same manner I installed Adaptive Server Size (which works great, thanks!), but yet it refuses to show? I have restarted the server that hosts the Procon, I've opened and closed my client and still nothing. I have also restarted the BF3 server in question just in case.

I currently have these plugins active on the Layer:

BF3 Auto Messages

Adaptive Server Size

In-Game Admin

Server Rules On Request

Squad Enforcer

True Balancer

Kill Streaks & Spambot are installed, but not active.

I had this same problem with Fruity's 'Empty Map' plugin, but in the end I just gave up on it when I saw UMM.

Can anyone shed some light on where I'm going wrong?

EDIT: My account on the layer also has 100% access to all features and commands.

I cannot get this to show in my Plugins list. I've installed it on the layer in the exact same manner I installed Adaptive Server Size (which works great, thanks!), but yet it refuses to show? I have restarted the server that hosts the Procon, I've opened and closed my client and still nothing. I have also restarted the BF3 server in question just in case.

BF3 Auto Messages

Adaptive Server Size

In-Game Admin

Server Rules On Request

Squad Enforcer

True Balancer

I had this same problem with Fruity's 'Empty Map' plugin, but in the end I just gave up on it when I saw UMM.

EDIT: My account on the layer also has 100% access to all features and commands.

I dunno, man. CAdaptiveTicketCount.inc should be in the Procon/Plugins directory and CAdaptiveTicketCount.cs should be in the Procon/Plugins/BF3 directory. That's about it.

Originally Posted by KunninLynguist*:

I've got it sorted, thank you for the response and UMM, Falcon!

I ended up reinstalling Procon on the server this morning and so far, so good. I've got UMM showing in the plugins now and I'm just adding the rest one at a time just to ensure there's no hiccups.

All I can think is that maybe the Procon layer wasn't auto-updating? I do recall seeing a command in one of the .cfgs to switch on auto-update for Procon and it was set to 'false' I believe, but it wasn't important at the time so I just left it be.

Anyway, I'm going to crack on installing the plugins and I'll drop another post in to let you know how everything is running. Still got to install Server Size, Ticket Count & Squad Enforcer... and then any other plugins that are floating around!

Originally Posted by axRhino*:

Is there a way to get it to only adjust the ticket counts at the start of a round rather than switching them as the game moves along?

I would rather end a round and start a new one with a larger or smaller ticket count than to see the ticket count just continue to grow as the server fills

Is there a way to get it to only adjust the ticket counts at the start of a round rather than switching them as the game moves along?

I would rather end a round and start a new one with a larger or smaller ticket count than to see the ticket count just continue to grow as the server fills

The plugin only changes the ticket count between rounds. The server will not adjust the ticket count mid-round even if you try.

Originally Posted by Slysi*:

BF3 Auto Messages

Adaptive Server Size

In-Game Admin

Server Rules On Request

Squad Enforcer

True Balancer

Im having the same issue here.

If i go to events tab after i login I can see that the plugin is picked up compiled and loaded, but its no where to be seen on the plugins tab.

Are there any commands to manually load and unload plugins from the procon console ?

Im having the same issue here.

If i go to events tab after i login I can see that the plugin is picked up compiled and loaded, but its no where to be seen on the plugins tab.

Are there any commands to manually load and unload plugins from the procon console ?

Ensure that CAdaptiveServerSize.inc is in the Plugins directory and CAdaptiveServerSize.cs is in the Plugins/BF3 directory, then close and restart PRoCon. There's nothing else to do.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

ok getting this debug message

Code:

[13:35:22 77] AdaptiveTicketCount: WORK -> Not a Conquest map; Ticket count: 100%
while the map was large conquest and i use ultimate map manager to switch to conquest when the server is populated .. i waited for the next round and it still shows the same message.

Edit :

so what happened is that i have 2 maplists on map manager, when it changed from maplist 1 to maplist 2 (Rush to conquest) the adaptive ticket size still thought it was Rush so it kept it at 100%, ok so the next maplist runs one map with 2 rounds, on round 2/2 adaptive ticket size still put it on 100%, finally when a map change was performed (2/2 rounds ended wit the same map) it applied the conquest ticket counts required.

ok getting this debug message

Code:

[13:35:22 77] AdaptiveTicketCount: WORK -> Not a Conquest map; Ticket count: 100%
while the map was large conquest and i use ultimate map manager to switch to conquest when the server is populated .. i waited for the next round and it still shows the same message.

Edit :

so what happened is that i have 2 maplists on map manager, when it changed from maplist 1 to maplist 2 (Rush to conquest) the adaptive ticket size still thought it was Rush so it kept it at 100%, ok so the next maplist runs one map with 2 rounds, on round 2/2 adaptive ticket size still put it on 100%, finally when a map change was performed (2/2 rounds ended wit the same map) it applied the conquest ticket counts required.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll look at the code to see if I can get it working as you would expect.

Originally Posted by federico8221*:

Hi all!

I'm using this plugin on my server and I have to say that is great.. I was wondering if it possible tho to have it work and so manage the tickets only in TDM mapmodes..

Is it possible? Don't really need all the time on CQ but sure on tdm..

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Im using it for TDM and its working fine!

just use the % setting

Would be awesome, if the plugin would spam a messages like : 30 tickets to end the round

People cant see no how much is needed.

Its doable with procon rulz but then i would show the message only once!

falcon is it posible that the plugin will show a message on the start of the round how much kills are needed? Trying to do it with procon rulz but that isnt working!

You mean for TDM or SQDM mode?

Originally Posted by Snake-Eyezz*:

For some reason this plug in worked great for 2 days and it has recently stopped bringing any players to our server.

I've restarted the game server and procon of several occasions but still no luck, the settings for the plug in have never changed and that's what has me concerned.

Is there something I'm missing ? Is our server broke or does the plug in randomly work correctly ?

For some reason this plug in worked great for 2 days and it has recently stopped bringing any players to our server.

I've restarted the game server and procon of several occasions but still no luck, the settings for the plug in have never changed and that's what has me concerned.

Is there something I'm missing ? Is our server broke or does the plug in randomly work correctly ?

The plugin just changes ticket values based on the number of players on your server. It doesn't attract players to your server. Once you get some players on, it increases the number of tickets, which should keep them on longer, thus attracting more players.

My point is, it's not going to help much until you have probably at least 8-12 players on.