Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by g127404*:

The plugin works great, however when I try to use it combined with TimSad's Ticket Time Setter, that plugin won't do anything. If I disable UMM, then his plugin works as intended. I was told* both plugins need to "play nice" with each other.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by tonnic*:

Any chance that you can update your plugin so that I don't need to use Adaptive Ticket Count or Ticket Time Setter? This plugin is definitely my most valuable plugin but ever since EA changed that vars.preset resets tickets to 100, it is making my life difficult. Everything is custom now.

I like the ability to be able to control the tickets and time based on how many players are on the server. I used to different maps lists for different number of players and then set tickets and time in each umm preset.

Now if I have to use Ticket Time Setter, then it only only allows me one setting regardless of how many people are on the server. I guess the other alternative (and now that I think of it, better) is using Adaptive Ticket Count but then having that plugin retain the Hardcore / Normal preset, rather than showing custom.

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

tonnic - tickets are established at the beginning of the round, you cannot change tickets mid-round.

With that in mind, let either UMM or Adaptive Ticket Count establish the Tickets you want. Then let Time Setter change the Preset back to normal. It'll do so about a minute after the round has started, meaning you've already established your higher tickets.

Make sense?

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

Hey Falcon,

Something that would be nice to have is to incorporate a "preset setter", like TimSad's plugin, but have it disable at a specified player count.

Here's the predicament I'm in:

In my hardcore server, I have 2 different presets. One allows for a minimap to be shown, which I enable for a high population map rotation. I'm also setting 200% ticket counts across the board with UMM. To fix the preset bug, I have to use TimSad's Time Setter plugin to change the preset back to Hardcore.

However, this means that once my map rotation changes to the one with both 200% tickets and Minimap enabled, when Time Setter kicks in, it'll disable the minimap for all new players. So, players that stuck around during map load have the minimap, but all new players do not. This will probably set an incredibly unfair advantage :smile: I don't care that the server is set to Custom by the time it gets really populated, as long as everyone has the minimap.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

I've implemented an option to allow you to send a different preset after the level has loaded. So, in other words, you can still use whatever preset you were using before, then send a different one after the level is loaded. This can be a built in preset or any other custom preset you want. This update will be sent out shortly. Hopefully this will provide a lot more flexibility with regards to circumventing various limitations of the server.

1.2.3.2 (12/07/2013)

- added an option to send a different preset after the level loads

Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose*:

Hey falcon, great plugin has made my life a ton easier (and I donated and have the full one), I noticed you added in enforcing 'Normal' and 'Hardcore' etc. etc after map changes. Great change, but there's an issue with that method, unfortunately.

The problem is that this is unreliable (NFO First pointed this out on their forums (as I am a customer of theirs I pay attention to it)) they have their own admin daemon, and they have made their "built in daemon" give you the ablity to "Enforce every 5 minutes".

Setting after map change doesn't always work, or it still gets pushed. Unfortunately having it continually reapply is the only reliable option.

I use a third party to host procon, but this is the reason I haven't eliminated the NFO Admin Daemon, this feature that enforces it every 5 minutes.

But again, fantastic work and thank you for all the hard work.

Originally Posted by eagle-rr*:

Great plugin! However, I have a question (and perhaps I'm overlooking it). We would look to run a different set of server maps every day (ex.: Mon = SDM, Tues = TDM, etc.). So, I have the following settings listed below. I would like for the server to automatically switch maps only if 3 or less players are on the server. I thought the "Ignore 'Switch to new map list immediately' setting for time-based changes" value to 'No' would force the day/time dependency settings to observe the 'Do not switch if more than this number of players are online' setting. Any suggestions?

- Switch to new map list immediately? Yes

-- Do not switch if more than this number of players are online: 3

-- Warn (yell at) players before switching? Yes

---- Number of seconds to display warning: 30

---- Warning message (use [listname] for map list name and [secs] for seconds): Changing map rotation to [listname] in [secs] seconds!

- Enable day/time-dependent map lists? Yes

-- Ignore 'Switch to new map list immediately' setting for time-based changes_" No

-- Use system/layer server time zone? No

---- Time Zone used to determine current time: Eastern Time

Great plugin! However, I have a question (and perhaps I'm overlooking it). We would look to run a different set of server maps every day (ex.: Mon = SDM, Tues = TDM, etc.). So, I have the following settings listed below. I would like for the server to automatically switch maps only if 3 or less players are on the server. I thought the "Ignore 'Switch to new map list immediately' setting for time-based changes" value to 'No' would force the day/time dependency settings to observe the 'Do not switch if more than this number of players are online' setting. Any suggestions?

I thought it should. It doesn't?

Originally Posted by Lahire*:

Hi, i thought it will work if i add a preset with syntax "vars.preset Normal false" to load after the map was loaded. But it doesnt work. Before, i ran an Plugin called "Simple Command Repeater" that sends every 300s a command with "vars.preset Normal false" and the Server stays at "Normal". Can u say something about this problem? Did i have to use the "Preset: Normal"? I thought the command "vars.preset normal" is no longer in the game and has been replaced by "vars.preset Normal false".

PS please add "Air Supperiority" to UMM :smile:

Originally Posted by Wiggles*:

im just testing out the new feature, but it dont seem to update the gamemodecounter even when thats the change its asked to do when the round have finished to load in.

the server stays at custom when changing the settings that are not allowed by the predefined settings for hardcore. i turned off the setting "Lock preset related values" in procon so the plugin could do its thing, but it doesnt work. i can change the value myself and get the "hardcore" to appear again in battlelog.

(if it makes a difference, the debug doesnt say that it has loaded the preset that is supposed to be loaded in after the game has started)

edit. tested with only one player on

im just testing out the new feature, but it dont seem to update the gamemodecounter even when thats the change its asked to do when the round have finished to load in.

the server stays at custom when changing the settings that are not allowed by the predefined settings for hardcore. i turned off the setting "Lock preset related values" in procon so the plugin could do its thing, but it doesnt work. i can change the value myself and get the "hardcore" to appear again in battlelog.

(if it makes a difference, the debug doesnt say that it has loaded the preset that is supposed to be loaded in after the game has started)

I pointed out this could be an issue in this post:

myrcon.net/...ultimate-map-manager#entry21557

Basically the only confirmed way it was enforced by my host was their daemon auto-refreshes it every 5 minutes. As I said, not efficient, but the only way it works reliably.

Anyway, I have 1 feature request

MAXIMUM rounds for map list. BASICALLY I have a full cycle, including china rising, but as there is an issue (a problem in my opinion) with the fact that ONLY players WITH china rising can join a server that has even 1 map in the expansion pack on its list, and I only have one server, I want to give the opportunity to all players to play at some point or another. That being the case, I want to have my map cycle alternate back and forth (I don't set time limit, and I only run conquest large 1 round)

So, I would set the first cycle to all maps with china rising, and 14 max rounds, and the second cycle to all maps without china rising and max 10 rounds. This means, the map cycle can alternate through each possible map cycle I create and since I don't set time limits, I can't base it on time.

I've given you another donation as incentive :ohmy:

If set up properly, you should see a message from UMM in the plugin console about setting the preset after the level has loaded.

I pointed out this could be an issue in this post:

myrcon.net/...ultimate-map-manager#entry21557

Basically the only confirmed way it was enforced by my host was their daemon auto-refreshes it every 5 minutes. As I said, not efficient, but the only way it works reliably.

Anyway, I have 1 feature request

MAXIMUM rounds for map list. BASICALLY I have a full cycle, including china rising, but as there is an issue (a problem in my opinion) with the fact that ONLY players WITH china rising can join a server that has even 1 map in the expansion pack on its list, and I only have one server, I want to give the opportunity to all players to play at some point or another. That being the case, I want to have my map cycle alternate back and forth (I don't set time limit, and I only run conquest large 1 round)

So, I would set the first cycle to all maps with china rising, and 14 max rounds, and the second cycle to all maps without china rising and max 10 rounds. This means, the map cycle can alternate through each possible map cycle I create and since I don't set time limits, I can't base it on time.

I've given you another donation as incentive :ohmy:

This is difficult because UMM makes it's decision based on the current state of the server. It does keep track of the number of rounds, but if I set a max, it wouldn't know what to do after the max was reached. I guess you want to have two map lists defined with 0-64 players and have it switch to whichever one is not currently being used? I may have to think about this a bit more.

This is difficult because UMM makes it's decision based on the current state of the server. It does keep track of the number of rounds, but if I set a max, it wouldn't know what to do after the max was reached. I guess you want to have two map lists defined with 0-64 players and have it switch to whichever one is not currently being used? I may have to think about this a bit more.

Let me outline it for you, maybe it will simplify.

I have "X" number of map lists. I want it to just cycle through each map list in succession. Once Index 0 is complete, it can move onto Index 1. and then index 2, and index 3 and so on and so forth. If it 's set to 0 it would just not jump map lists, or you can set it to a true/false for enabling this features (like many of your others)

Now, this is simple enough, but to make it a more powerful tool (and feature) having it have a maximum rounds within a particular map list, allows for some more... interesting map list combinations (if the server admins feel like doing the proper math to figure out how they want to configure it).

China Rising adds 4 maps to BF4's 10 maps.

If you do not have china rising, you can not join a server running china rising maps.

I set no time limit per map, but I set the map to 1 round, this way, a round completes, and the server changes to the next map.

So, seeing as WITH china rising has 14 maps (therefor, for me 14 rounds), after the 14th round completes, it moves onto the NEXT map list index (Index 1) which is excluding China Rising, if this is the last map list index then it jumps back to index 0.

So here's the major benefit to this.

A single server can run full map cycles for each game mode, with, and without expansion packs cycling through map list after each one completes.

My own server it's only two. But we could start seeing servers that run Conquest, TDM, Obliteration, Air Superiority, and just completely cycle through all of these through your automated system :-)

I don't think this would be something extremely difficult to implement.

Setting it to change within particular times throughout a day is too restrictive for my needs... unless it was " amount of time (in minutes) to run this map cycle" then I could get a similar effect to what I want to do, but it's still limiting, compared to max rounds.

Thanks for considering it :-)

Just to point out, this can be used in combination with a possible "Set Next Maplist" feature.

Originally Posted by DEPHIC*:

Having a issue in procon where Ultimate Map Manager's plugin settings goes completely blank once I change anything. Just uploaded 1.2.3.4 with procon 1.4.1.2. I can click on the details tab and it shows up still. I've tried restarting bf4 server, procon layer, but the only way to get the plugin settings to show is to reupload the Map Manager. With default settings as soon as I change anything in it, it goes blank. I checked the log files, and there are no errors.

Originally Posted by corsairoz*:

Hi there, first off GREAT plug in, working great for me.

But one puzzle, can someone please explain the relationship with the UMM MapList and the maplist.txt file on the server startup?

Let me explain, when the server restarts after a crash or an admin reboot, the maplist.txt file is used as the restart maplist. How does this then interract with the UMM Maplist?

Does the UMM Maplist and the maplist.txt need to be identical?

Can the UMM overwrite the maplist.txt?

Can the UMM Maplist be exported to be used as the maplist.txt?

Should each map and setting be put only once in the UMM maplist?

I am confused because we run a mix of Infantry Only and Vehicles and on more than one occasion now, the list have somehow got confused and we have found ourselves running Infantry Only on Paracel Storm Large.....not so much fun. And right now I suspect the UMM has got ou of sequence with the maplist.txt.

Thanks for explaining how they work.....

Corsairoz

UMM never alters maplist.txt. When your server starts, it will use the map list in maplist.txt. Then, when UMM loads, it will immediately replace that list with the proper list stored in UMM unless that map list is already exactly the same as what it needs.

Originally Posted by DEPHIC*:

Having a issue in procon where Ultimate Map Manager's plugin settings goes completely blank once I change anything. Just uploaded 1.2.3.4 with procon 1.4.1.2. I can click on the details tab and it shows up still. I've tried restarting bf4 server, procon layer, but the only way to get the plugin settings to show is to reupload the Map Manager. With default settings as soon as I change anything in it, it goes blank. I checked the log files, and there are no errors.

I think I fixed this, got the 1.4.1.3 procon layer update today and when I add a map the screen doesn't go blank.

Falcon, I found a bug.

Whenever Procon is restarted, the 2nd server preset option isn't uniquely saved. Instead, once Procon is back online it will display the same option as the 1st Preset.

I found the bug. It's actually saved and loaded properly, just not displayed correctly. Sending out an update shortly.

Originally Posted by Weeltin*:

Request.

In-game commands:

• Disable/enable map list manager

• A command, so the admin can enable/disable the UMM from ingame.
  • Chance Map List

• a command, so the admin can force the list to chance dispite that there aint enouf players on.