Jump to content

Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)


Prophet731

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by gringopar*:

 

Hi falcontx,

 

I am having an issue with the plugin on a server, once the plugin wants to go from one map rotation to another one, in my case it goes from Rush maps to Conquest Large maps, both Rush and Conquest maps are on different map rotations. Once the 30 player limit for Rush is hit, then it goes to the Conquest rotation. My problem is the switching, when it does the rotation change the screen in-game goes black and one of two things happen:

- the server in-game screen stay black for about 2 minutes and then the map starts loading or

- the in-game screen stays black for 4 minutes or more and I have to restart the server.

 

Have this come to your attention yet?

 

Regards,

 

Gringopar

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Mrwesth*:

 

Hi falcontx,

 

I am having an issue with the plugin on a server, once the plugin wants to go from one map rotation to another one, in my case it goes from Rush maps to Conquest Large maps, both Rush and Conquest maps are on different map rotations. Once the 30 player limit for Rush is hit, then it goes to the Conquest rotation. My problem is the switching, when it does the rotation change the screen in-game goes black and one of two things happen:

- the server in-game screen stay black for about 2 minutes and then the map starts loading or

- the in-game screen stays black for 4 minutes or more and I have to restart the server.

 

Have this come to your attention yet?

 

Regards,

 

Gringopar

Ive had this problem before or a couple of times with the Loong black screen having to restart the server .. but that was both before and after i got UMM so i dont think its related in anyway
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by gringopar*:

 

Ive had this problem before or a couple of times with the Loong black screen having to restart the server .. but that was both before and after i got UMM so i dont think its related in anyway

We are sure that UMM is causing the issue, because the server has been running fine when the plugin was not enabled. Also it only happens when there is a switch to a different map rotation, in our case when 30 players is reached the plugin runs another map list and when it makes the change the black screen happens.

 

Also this has happened when the first version of the plugin for BF4 came out so we had to disable it and wait for a couple of updates hoping the issue would be fixed.

 

Nope. I've never had that reported before.

Well this is not the first time this has happened, we have no problems when the plugin is not running, but we consider UMM as one of our most important core plugins at Pure Battlefield and we hope we can resolve this if possible.

 

Are there any suggestions you can provide? I can provide you with any data needed as well.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

I don't really have any suggestions. You can submit a proper bug report and I can take a look at the logs, but ultimately, the only thing the plugin is doing is sending commands to remove the old maps, add the new maps, then load the next level. So, if sending those commands is causing the server to act odd, I don't think there's much I can do about it.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by leyeti*:

 

Hi,

Sorry for this question but reading ton of post without finding. (Plugin version 1.2.3.4)

When server is empty at start, I does not switch to Map for 0-11 players. I got this message

UltimateMapManager: WARN -> 0 players. No map list is available for this number of players; keeping current map list. despiste the 'Minimum number of player : 0'

What's wrong ?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by leyeti*:

 

Hi,

Sorry for this question but reading ton of post without finding. (Plugin version 1.2.3.4)

When server is empty at start, I does not switch to Map for 0-11 players. I got this message

UltimateMapManager: WARN -> 0 players. No map list is available for this number of players; keeping current map list. despiste the 'Minimum number of player : 0'

What's wrong ?

In fact it never find no Maplist whatever the number of players. :mad:

Help is welcome

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PatPgtips*:

 

i find that the only maplist that is used is the Maplist.txt

 

if i set 0 - 19 players china rising conquest small maps to start server of maplist 1

if i set 20 - 44 players all conquest small maps maplist 2

 

i find it doesnt use any of the maplist in UMM it uses the default Maplist.txt

 

i usualy have no issues with 2 map rotations and has worked fine but with bf4 i cant seem to get it to work

 

im wondering if its me or others having the same issue

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Air superiority isn't in the game modes. Is this something i can ad myself?

 

Greetz

Same answer as before. All game modes and maps are pulled from PRoCon. Update the BF4.def file on your layer server.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Gijzijtdood*:

 

Me again.

They are not in the file, but how do i add them.

 

Is it something like this:

 

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_001" "Air Superiority" "Silk Road" 0

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_002" "Air Superiority" "Altai Range" 0

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_003" "Air Superiority" "Guilin Peaks" 0

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_004" "Air Superiority" "Dragon Pass" 0

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Me again.

They are not in the file, but how do i add them.

 

Is it something like this:

 

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_001" "Air Superiority" "Silk Road" 0

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_002" "Air Superiority" "Altai Range" 0

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_003" "Air Superiority" "Guilin Peaks" 0

procon.protected.maps.add "AirSuperiority" "XP1_004" "Air Superiority" "Dragon Pass" 0

That might work. Your local copy of PRoCon should have the latest version in the Configs folder, so you could just upload that to your layer server.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Gijzijtdood*:

 

Hmm, now UMM isn't working anymore.

It doesn't create a maplist from the current maplist. If I try to the plugin screen turns white and doesn't return :/

 

Heeeelp

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Hmm, now UMM isn't working anymore.

It doesn't create a maplist from the current maplist. If I try to the plugin screen turns white and doesn't return :/

 

Heeeelp

Clear all of the UMM settings from your config file (the one named after the IP address of your server) and start over.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Gijzijtdood*:

 

It's very strange. The plugin makes all changes in the .cfg file. I can see all maps and setting there, but the procon screen turnes white?

even if i try to make a new empty maplist, the screen turnes white :/

 

It worked very well before i updated BF4.def

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by tonnic*:

 

falconfx,

Would you consider adding some more features to this awesome plugin? I can commit a $50 donation if you can. I'd love to be able to be able to select all the maps that I wanted in rotation, as well as all the different game modes that I wanted in rotation. This way, we could add maps and have them rotate with the different game modes. It would be nice to be able to put in a priority of how often a game mode was put in. An exclusion list would be awesome too. The plugin would have to have a "manual map mode" which would be exactly the same as now, and an "Automated Map Management", which is what I am proposing.

 

For example, to help describe what I think would be awesome...

 

MAPS:

Zavod 311

Lancang Dam

Flood Zone

Golmud Railway

Paracel Storm

Operation Locker

Hainan Resort

Siege of Shanghai

Rogue Transmission

Dawnbreaker

 

GAME MODES:

Conquest Large | Rounds 1 | Preset - Hardcore | Preset After Level Load - Hardcore | Priority 1

Rush | Rounds 2| Preset - Tickets 300 | Preset After Level Load - Hardcore | Priority 2

Obliteration | Rounds 1 | Preset - Hardcore | Preset After Level Load - Hardcore | Priority 3

 

EXCLUSIONS:

Paracel Storm - Rush

Golmud Railway - Obliteration

 

Then it would essentially rotate between maps and game modes without repeating maps/gamemodes and have more Conquest maps than Rush and more Rush than Obliteration.... Anyays, this way we could add/remove new maps to the rotation without having to redo the entire map list in Procon, which can be a chore.

 

Let me know if this is possible :ohmy:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

falconfx,

Would you consider adding some more features to this awesome plugin? I can commit a $50 donation if you can. I'd love to be able to be able to select all the maps that I wanted in rotation, as well as all the different game modes that I wanted in rotation. This way, we could add maps and have them rotate with the different game modes. It would be nice to be able to put in a priority of how often a game mode was put in. An exclusion list would be awesome too. The plugin would have to have a "manual map mode" which would be exactly the same as now, and an "Automated Map Management", which is what I am proposing.

 

For example, to help describe what I think would be awesome...

 

MAPS:

Zavod 311

Lancang Dam

Flood Zone

Golmud Railway

Paracel Storm

Operation Locker

Hainan Resort

Siege of Shanghai

Rogue Transmission

Dawnbreaker

 

GAME MODES:

Conquest Large | Rounds 1 | Preset - Hardcore | Preset After Level Load - Hardcore | Priority 1

Rush | Rounds 2| Preset - Tickets 300 | Preset After Level Load - Hardcore | Priority 2

Obliteration | Rounds 1 | Preset - Hardcore | Preset After Level Load - Hardcore | Priority 3

 

EXCLUSIONS:

Paracel Storm - Rush

Golmud Railway - Obliteration

 

Then it would essentially rotate between maps and game modes without repeating maps/gamemodes and have more Conquest maps than Rush and more Rush than Obliteration.... Anyays, this way we could add/remove new maps to the rotation without having to redo the entire map list in Procon, which can be a chore.

 

Let me know if this is possible :ohmy:

This would be less of a modification and more of a completely different plugin. The current plugin utilizes discrete map lists that are changed in and out as needed. What you're proposing would be better described as a random map list generator. You're essentially providing some criteria and then the plugin would generate map lists that meet that criteria on demand. All of this is possible, of course, but it's not something that I have the time to devote to at the moment.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by tonnic*:

 

Oh I see... well I hope you get some spare time on your own for nonbf4 related things :ohmy:

 

Please excuse the brevity/spelling of this post, as it was sent via Tapatalk on my smart phone.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Game Server Hosting:

      We're happy to announce that EZRCON will branch out into the game server provider scene. This is a big step for us so please having patience if something doesn't go right in this area. Now, what makes us different compared to other providers? Well, we're going with the idea of having a scaleable server hosting and providing more control in how you set up your server. For example, in Minecraft, you have the ability to control how many CPU cores you wish your server to have access to, how much RAM you want to use, how much disk space you want to use. This type of control can't be offered in a single service package so you're able to configure a custom package the way you want it.

      You can see all the available games here. Currently, we have the following games available.

      Valheim (From $1.50 USD)


      Rust (From $3.20 USD)


      Minecraft (Basic) (From $4.00 USD)


      Call of Duty 4X (From $7.00 USD)


      OpenTTD (From $4.00 USD)


      Squad (From $9.00 USD)


      Insurgency: Sandstorm (From $6.40 USD)


      Changes to US-East:

      Starting in January 2022, we will be moving to a different provider that has better support, better infrastructure, and better connectivity. We've noticed that the connection/routes to this location are not ideal and it's been hard getting support to correct this. Our contract for our two servers ends in March/April respectively. If you currently have servers in this location you will be migrated over to the new provider. We'll have more details when the time comes closer to January. The new location for this change will be based out of Atlanta, GA. If you have any questions/concerns please open a ticket and we'll do our best to answer them.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello All,

      I wanted to give an update to how EZRCON is doing. As of today we have 56 active customers using the services offered. I'm glad its doing so well and it hasn't been 1 year yet. To those that have services with EZRCON, I hope the service is doing well and if not please let us know so that we can improve it where possible. We've done quite a few changes behind the scenes to improve the performance hopefully. 

      We'll be launching a new location for hosting procon layers in either Los Angeles, USA or Chicago, IL. Still being decided on where the placement should be but these two locations are not set in stone yet. We would like to get feedback on where we should have a new location for hosting the Procon Layers, which you can do by replying to this topic. A poll will be created where people can vote on which location they would like to see.

      We're also looking for some suggestions on what else you would like to see for hosting provider options. So please let us know your thoughts on this matter.
      • 4 replies
    • Hi All,

      So seeing as Venice Unleased is released, I'm looking into if I should offer game hosting for it. I would like some feedback on this subject.

      VU - Experience Battlefield 3 like never before! (veniceunleashed.net)
      • 3 replies
    • So as the topic title says, should EZRCON offer general web hosting services?
      • 1 reply
    • Added ability to disable the new API check for player country info


      Updated GeoIP database file


      Removed usage sending stats


      Added EZRCON ad banner



      If you are upgrading then you may need to add these two lines to your existing installation in the file procon.cfg. To enable these options just change False to True.

      procon.private.options.UseGeoIpFileOnly False
      procon.private.options.BlockRssFeedNews False



       
      • 2 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.