Adaptive Server Size (1.3.5.3 - 06/14/15)

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by eisvogel*:

Is it true that Hardline Server can use the Adaptive Server Size Plugin ?

R.I.P. Adaptive Server Size Plugin :sad:

After today server patch ("vars.maxPlayers" cannot be changed at runtime on OFFICIAL and RANKED servers) you are no longer needed.

Unless someone uses information about joining the players or change idle time.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by VBK-Clan*:

next problem : when 4. player joining map dosnt loading it stay at load screeen (same problem was at bf4 befor disableet plugin)

oh man ,when will be work this plug in?

Originally Posted by Quicksplice*:

Again today. I'm running a 64 player server and when the player count reaches 32 its been told to increase slots to 64. It does not and stays at 32. Even attempted to change it to 48. Again it remains at 32. Is there a fix?

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

instead of rotating to next map when 4 players join and round begins, I just disable then re-enable this plugin and seems to work okay. is there anyway of automatically doing it so that it will do it if I'm not around to see it?

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Hi, this plugin is not working correctly, it auto resets the player count to 32 players even with every setting set at 64 players. Can this be fixed?

showthread....a-plugin-issue*

Originally Posted by Steiner-dek*:

I have the Same Problem.

My CFG:

/////////////////////////////////////////////

// This config will be overwritten by procon.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

procon.protected.plugins.enable "CAdaptiveServerSize" False

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Enable adaptive server size_" "Yes"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "On startup, assume round started at max server size_" "No"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Display welcome/join messages to help start server_" "Yes"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Display messages until how many players are on_" "3"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Welcome message 1" "Welcome [soldierName]! Please stick around to help us get our server going!"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Welcome message 2" "We will notify you when new players are joining!"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Player joining message 1" "Please stand by; [joinCount] more player(s) are joining."

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Player joining message 2" "Keep in mind that it may take over a minute for their game(s) to load."

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum server size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Conquest Large size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Conquest Small size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Rescue size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Crosshair size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Heist size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Team Deathmatch size" "24"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Hotwire size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Maximum Blood Money size" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 0 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 1 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 2 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 3 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 4 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 5 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 6 players" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 7 players" "16"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 8 players" "16"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 9 players" "16"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 10 players" "16"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 11 players" "16"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 12 players" "16"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 13 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 14 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 15 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 16 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 17 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 18 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 19 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 20 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 21 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 22 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 23 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 24 players" "32"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 25 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 26 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 27 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 28 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 29 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 30 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 31 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 32 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 33 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 34 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 35 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 36 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 37 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 38 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 39 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 40 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 41 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 42 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 43 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 44 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 45 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 46 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 47 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 48 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 49 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 50 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 51 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" " Size with 52 players" "52"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Enable adaptive idle kick_" "No"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Disable idle kick until how many players are on_" "8"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Desired idle kick time, in seconds" "300"

procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "CAdaptiveServerSize" "Enable debug output_" "Yes"

And my Problem: [13:43:57 15] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 31 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 32. Round started at 32.

The Adaptiv set the sice to 32 :sad:

Originally Posted by Cinish*:

definitly broken. Right now it doesnot work at all. Reduces the playersize for a few minutes and then it resets it to the full amount

I got the same problem , i got a 46 slots, but when i use server sizer it is the size i want it to be for few min. and boom back at 46

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

definitly broken. Right now it doesnot work at all. Reduces the playersize for a few minutes and then it resets it to the full amount

I don't think the plugin is broken, but the server and the presets are.

Originally Posted by eugabesz*:

[12:01:13 71] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 31 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 32, but should be 50. Round started at 32. Waiting for round to end.

Hi!why wait for set more slots_who can i set this?

Originally Posted by DarkZerO_AT*:

I got the same problem , i got a 46 slots, but when i use server sizer it is the size i want it to be for few min. and boom back at 46

working perfectly fine on all our servers

except, if we disable and enable it again it turns the slots to 32 for a few seconds and then goes back up like it should, even if the server was full when we did it, kicking random 32 players from the server

the option for "full server on startup" is enabled

Originally Posted by Phractal*:

I disabled Adptive Idle kick but it still seems to override my procon settings. Procon is set to disable idle kick but I still get kicked after 5 minutes. This only started after I started using this plugin. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: confirmed it is the plugin. After I disabled it, my Procon settings work again.

I did have the Adaptive Idle kick turned on before but even in on state it kicked me after 5 minutes (player limit was set to 10, 6 player online hen I was kicked.) Maybe that setting isnt working correctly?

EDIT2: Another Problem with the plug in. Several people told me they couldnt join my servers as they bugged out (black screen, nothing happening). This was during a phase with 13 people on and max players set to 24 at that time. As soon as I turned off the plugin the server filled uo fast and people told me they could log in again. To confirm it was the plugin I turned it back on (checked the "Assume full server on startup") people started dropping out randonly and couldnt get abck in, same error. Black screen and nothing happening. Turned the plugin off an voila, they got back in....

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by celtsmaddog*:

Any one having a problem where after a round of conquest on BF3 or BFH, the server gets stuck on on the last slot the last highest slot.

64 slot server

For example the round finishes on 30 slot,

only 1 round per server of conquest, then says

23 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 30. Round started at 30.

it should say 23 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 30. Round started at 64.

I have to disable and re-enable the plugin to fix this issue :S

Plugin is the latest, 2 different plugin providers too, same result

Have on startup assume that the max server size is set to yes?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Any one having a problem where after a round of conquest on BF3 or BFH, the server gets stuck on on the last slot the last highest slot.

64 slot server

For example the round finishes on 30 slot,

only 1 round per server of conquest, then says

23 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 30. Round started at 30.

it should say 23 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 30. Round started at 64.

I have to disable and re-enable the plugin to fix this issue :S

Plugin is the latest, 2 different plugin providers too, same result

Have on startup assume that the max server size is set to yes?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

yes i have this problem. i have to disable and re enable this plugin a few times before it works correctly. but once server is full works fine..

i have one other admin, just been tough with work and hols, the servers get stuck so never reach 64, i might have to hire some new prcon admins.

thanks for your reply :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by madturnip*:

Ok so I have an idea here. I tested it manually and it seemed to work, but I was wondering if Falcon could edit his plugin to do this and see if it brings this plugin back from the dead.

Here me out.....

You can still edit the amount of spectator slots while the server is running in any game mode, that I am aware of, which takes away from the amount of usable player slots. If Falcon could modify the server to do the same thing it was doing, except change the amount of reserved slots up and down as needed. Would this not work to help fill servers faster?

INPUT NEEDED!!!!!

MEVERMIND -- can only have 4 spectators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adaptive Server Size Stuck on BF4, BF3 etc, logs are from BFH

OK I got the logs, the problem seems to be ok, going up ie 10, 16, 24, 32, 48, 64

But when you come back down, like 24 - 0 or any slot lower the server, procon or the plugin gets stuck.

So when I disable and re-enable the plugin, we are fine again, however this can be a pain if this is happening a lot until the server is full as you can imagine

logs here, http://celtsclan.co.uk/killian/proconlogs.zip

Just some rough times so you can check the procon debug screen

Happened before 13:27 in the lgos

[13:27:04 86] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 5 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10. Round started at 10.

[13:27:10 09] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 5 players online. 2 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 16. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[13:39:28 37] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 10 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 16. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[13:39:29 58] AdaptiveServerSize: Disabled =(

[13:39:31 03] AdaptiveServerSize: Enabled!

[13:39:36 47] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 10 players online. 0 players joining. Server size changed to 16. Round started at 64.

Alright, I took a look at the logs and I see what's happening, though there are some things that are unclear.

Previously, as in when the plugin was developed and tested extensively, when a round was started at a certain size, 10 slots for example, and the the size was made higher during that same round, 32 slots for example, any player who joined beyond the initial size that the server started at (10 in this example), would receive a black loading screen and not be able to play the game until the round was changed. It was for this reason that the plugin would set the server size at 64 temporarily between rounds.

Also previously, when a round ended, the game would display a round summary with achievements and scores, etc, while the new level was being loaded. It consistently took over 60 seconds for this to occur, so the plugin was coded in such a way that it would wait before temporarily setting the size to 64 until shortly before the new round begun. I guess this no longer takes 60 seconds? Based on the logs, the time between "Round ended." and "Level loaded." seems to be as little as 1 second and as much as around 35 seconds. I haven't figured out why sometimes it's very short and other times it's not. It may depend on whether the same map is being loaded, or not.

I should be able to address the bugs people are seeing as a result of these changes, but first, some questions:

1) Does the "black screen" issue described above still happen when the server size is increased during a round? For BF3? BF4?

2) Does the end of round screen (scores, etc) no longer take 60 seconds? Or can it just be skipped?

Once I get a little feedback on this, I'll make a few changes and post something for you (and others) to try.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Alright, I took a look at the logs and I see what's happening, though there are some things that are unclear.

Previously, as in when the plugin was developed and tested extensively, when a round was started at a certain size, 10 slots for example, and the the size was made higher during that same round, 32 slots for example, any player who joined beyond the initial size that the server started at (10 in this example), would receive a black loading screen and not be able to play the game until the round was changed. It was for this reason that the plugin would set the server size at 64 temporarily between rounds.

Also previously, when a round ended, the game would display a round summary with achievements and scores, etc, while the new level was being loaded. It consistently took over 60 seconds for this to occur, so the plugin was coded in such a way that it would wait before temporarily setting the size to 64 until shortly before the new round begun. I guess this no longer takes 60 seconds? Based on the logs, the time between "Round ended." and "Level loaded." seems to be as little as 1 second and as much as around 35 seconds. I haven't figured out why sometimes it's very short and other times it's not. It may depend on whether the same map is being loaded, or not.

I should be able to address the bugs people are seeing as a result of these changes, but first, some questions:

1) Does the "black screen" issue described above still happen when the server size is increased during a round? For BF3? BF4?

2) Does the end of round screen (scores, etc) no longer take 60 seconds? Or can it just be skipped?

Once I get a little feedback on this, I'll make a few changes and post something for you (and others) to try.

His logs are from BFH. BFH loads maps much faster than BF4 and doesn't have the black loading screen which I believe BF4 still has.

With BFH you can start a round with 24 slots and up it to 32 during the round while no player gets a black loading screen.

BF4 does not let you change the server size on the fly or between rounds any more (for ranked and official servers at least. Not sure about unranked, but no one is using that anyways).

Ahh, I guess he did say he was having issues with BF3 and BFH. Maybe different issues? I guess we'll have to wait for him to respond.

As far as I know, this plugin should not have any bugs with BF3. If it does, I need details, logs, and such.

As far as BFH goes, it was not developed for nor tested with BFH. Not that it couldn't be updated, but I need to know what I'm working with.

Q1: Yes the BF3 server did get the black screen when the players were loading in.

Q2: Yes the BFH server loads maps faster, Reboots of the BFH server are nearly instant compared to BF4

Thanks

Is there even a problem with BF3, then?

I can see the issues with BFH. They make sense, as the software wasn't designed for such a short map loading phase. However, if there is an issue with BF3, I'll need you to explain it and provide separate logs.

Is there even a problem with BF3, then?

I can see the issues with BFH. They make sense, as the software wasn't designed for such a short map loading phase. However, if there is an issue with BF3, I'll need you to explain it and provide separate logs.

I got a provider to use a downgraded version of procon and used and old version of the adaptive server slot as i knew it worked, thats was my way around the problem on BF3 but the plugin was getting stuck though, sometimes black screen and sometimes the same problem as bfh, the server slots getting stuck on a slot, but the problem still exists in BFH i am more concerned with that :smile:

Thanks for looking into this