Adaptive Server Size (1.3.5.3 - 06/14/15)

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by TimSad*:

Yeah! This'll work for Hardline, right? I need it for Hotwire. I wanna run it at 48 players but there is no 48 player checkbox so that really impacts player traffic. I want the adaptive player count to keep it at 32 players until it hit 30 players currently in the server, then bump it up to 48.

EDIT: Never mind! I got my own little thing going that works to my satisfaction. :smile:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Yeah! This'll work for Hardline, right? I need it for Hotwire. I wanna run it at 48 players but there is no 48 player checkbox so that really impacts player traffic. I want the adaptive player count to keep it at 32 players until it hit 30 players currently in the server, then bump it up to 48.

EDIT: Never mind! I got my own little thing going that works to my satisfaction. :smile:

you got this plugin to work? share please :biggrin:

Originally Posted by B-Murda*:

Maybe he used IL?

That's what I did with BF4 when they took this away.

I just made our spec slots and command slots become a smaller buffer lol.

Basically you make one for onJoin and one for onLeave to check and adjust as needed.

Honestly though I rather this get working because we have a number of admins and I can't have them fiddling with code they don't understand in IL and rather purdy plugin.

I can probably get this plugin to work if I could figure out why it blanks out when enabled.

I figured the smaller ones like these would be the first to get fixed :/

Maybe he used IL?

That's what I did with BF4 when they took this away.

I just made our spec slots and command slots become a smaller buffer lol.

Basically you make one for onJoin and one for onLeave to check and adjust as needed.

Honestly though I rather this get working because we have a number of admins and I can't have them fiddling with code they don't understand in IL and rather purdy plugin.

I can probably get this plugin to work if I could figure out why it blanks out when enabled.

I figured the smaller ones like these would be the first to get fixed :/

can you please post your limit for this? tyty. manually doing it time consuming and blows pretty much :sad:

can you please post your limit for this? tyty. manually doing it time consuming and blows pretty much :sad:

This is what I was doing with spec slots. You should be able to make enough sense to modify it around.

You can play with or = stuff also. the plugin.ConsoleWrite part was just so I could see when it was doing it and aren't needed but you get the general idea here.

The reason I have it OnJoin and OnLeave and the OnJoin part two steps is to catch misses. Sometimes situations happen where it could get out of sync or adjust size incorrectly otherwise and this is as light weight I could do to make it properly function without issues.

OnJoin

Code:

if (server.PlayerCount < 48 && server.MaxSpectators != 4) {
	plugin.ServerCommand("vars.maxSpectators", "4");
	plugin.ConsoleWrite("Spec slot increased to 4 due to lower player limit");
}
else if (server.PlayerCount > 47 && server.MaxSpectators != 2) {
	plugin.ServerCommand("vars.maxSpectators", "2");
	plugin.ConsoleWrite("Spec slot decreased to 2 due to player join and size limit");
}
return false;
OnLeave

Code:

plugin.ConsoleWrite("Player left spec slot increased to 4");
}
return false;
You can modify this instead of spec slots to use player slots etc.

Still interested if Tim is doing something else or better to share :smile:

This is what I was doing with spec slots. You should be able to make enough sense to modify it around.

You can play with or = stuff also. the plugin.ConsoleWrite part was just so I could see when it was doing it and aren't needed but you get the general idea here.

The reason I have it OnJoin and OnLeave and the OnJoin part two steps is to catch misses. Sometimes situations happen where it could get out of sync or adjust size incorrectly otherwise and this is as light weight I could do to make it properly function without issues.

OnJoin

Code:

plugin.ConsoleWrite("Spec slot increased to 4 due to lower player limit");
}
else if (server.PlayerCount > 47 && server.MaxSpectators != 2) {
	plugin.ServerCommand("vars.maxSpectators", "2");
	plugin.ConsoleWrite("Spec slot decreased to 2 due to player join and size limit");
}
return false;
OnLeave

Code:

plugin.ConsoleWrite("Player left spec slot increased to 4");
}
return false;
You can modify this instead of spec slots to use player slots etc.

Still interested if Tim is doing something else or better to share :smile:

thanks but no, I have no idea what to put in place of spectators. I only have 1 spec slot per server and both servers are 64 players. can you make a limit that increases slots as people join? as in: adapter size plugin? :smile: thanks!

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

1.3.5.0 (03/26/2015)

- added support for BFHL

Several people asked for this, so I took the time to do it. If this will help you run your BFHL server more efficiently, please donate. Unlike your server host, I'm not asking for a huge monthly fee, just a one-time donation for my time. Thanks for your support!

1.3.5.0 (03/26/2015)

- added support for BFHL

Several people asked for this, so I took the time to do it. If this will help you run your BFHL server more efficiently, please donate. Unlike your server host, I'm not asking for a huge monthly fee, just a one-time donation for my time. Thanks for your support!

THANK YOU!! and will donate now!

done! (Asia F.)

Originally Posted by Quicksplice*:

Love love love the adaptive server plugin. However have this bug.

BF Hardline: 64 player server with 70 slots (spectators and hackers)

The plugin is setup however once the player count reaches 65/64 or 66/64 (because its counting hackers for BFH) it crashes the Adaptive Server Size plugin and sets the player limit to 32.

This kicked half my server off twice. Everything has been tripled checked. In order to set it back to 64 players I have to access the Server Settings Tab and change it back to 64.

That's the current bug Im dealing with.

Thanks!

anyone able to get this new version working? It's not working for me. I am manually having to increase slots as it's not doing it. Also- the minimize slot size is 10.

I'm testing it on hotwire now.

[09:24:14 46] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 11 players online. 1 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

[09:24:21 93] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 11 players online. 1 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

[09:24:44 90] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 11 players online. 0 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

[09:24:52 39] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 12 players online. 0 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

09:30:25 72] AdaptiveServerSize: INFO -> Level loaded.

[09:30:27 05] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 9 players online. 1 players joining. Round started at 16. Restarting round at max server size.

[09:30:27 18] AdaptiveServerSize: INFO -> Round restarted.

[09:30:27 18] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> Server size changed to maximum value (64 players) temporarily.

[09:30:38 11] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 7 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 64, but should be 12. Waiting for next round to start.

edit: okay now it's working and adjusting slots- but any idea why it didn't 1st round? I'll check my tdm later when I try to fill it.

Could it be that the settings were at 8 when minimum is 10?

Not working for me either. The chat function showing the message is. However I'm still needing to manually change the player count on procon. Also above 64 players when its counting the hackers and spectators it kicked 32 players off and set the player count to 32. Had to turn off the plugin and set to 64.

THe message alert function is the only thing that works

anyone able to get this new version working? It's not working for me. I am manually having to increase slots as it's not doing it. Also- the minimize slot size is 10.

I'm testing it on hotwire now.

edit: okay now it's working and adjusting slots- but any idea why it didn't 1st round? I'll check my tdm later when I try to fill it.

Could it be that the settings were at 8 when minimum is 10?

okay TDM had the same bug. Server gets stuck at 10 slots even when 9 are on so I had to manually adjust slots. So it appears to work bt only after x amount of time and more than 10+ are on.

[11:41:15 91] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 5 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10. Round started at 10.

[11:41:17 13] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 5 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10. Round started at 10.

[11:41:18 63] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 5 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10. Round started at 10.

[11:41:30 23] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 5 players online. 2 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:41:32 19] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 6 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:42:16 47] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 7 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:42:49 99] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 7 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:42:59 59] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 6 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:43:00 23] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 5 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10. Round started at 10.

[11:43:01 18] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 5 players online. 2 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:43:18 83] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 6 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 10, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:49:36 90] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 8 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 14, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:58:00 97] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 11 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 14, but should be 16. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[11:58:04 14] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 10 players online. 0 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

[11:58:04 97] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 10 players online. 0 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

[11:58:07 43] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 9 players online. 0 players joining. Server size set to 14, but should be 12. Round started at 10. Waiting for round

[12:16:21 28] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 16 players online. 3 players joining. Server size set to 22, but should be 24. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[12:16:22 34] AdaptiveServerSize: TASK -> 16 players online. 4 players joining. Server size set to 22, but should be 24. Round started at 10. Waiting for round to end.

[12:16:35 08] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 17 players online. 3 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

[12:16:37 84] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 17 players online. 4 players joining. Round started at 10. Server size changed to 10 until round is over.

once the first round ended, the plugin works as intended. Would rotating to next round before anyone joins fix this problem?

[12:48:03 83] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 33 players online. 1 players joining. Server size changed to 38. Round started at 64.

[12:48:10 96] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 33 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 38. Round started at 64.

[12:48:12 46] AdaptiveServerSize: IDLE -> 33 players online. 1 players joining. Server size set to 38. Round started at 64.

[12:48:22 67] AdaptiveServerSize: WORK -> 33 players online. 0 players joining. Server size changed to 36. Round started at 64.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Enabling "On startup, assume round started at max server size_" will stop the plugin from limiting the size at startup. However, in previous version of BF, if the round started at say, 16 people, then changed the server size to 32 during that round, everyone after player 16 would get a frozen black screen after the game loaded. The only way to get around it was to continue limiting the server size until the round ended or enable the plugin and change to the next map. In short, what you're seeing is not a bug. It's a workaround for a bug that existed in BF3 and BF4. I have no idea if this applies to BFHL.

Enabling "On startup, assume round started at max server size_" will stop the plugin from limiting the size at startup. However, in previous version of BF, if the round started at say, 16 people, then changed the server size to 32 during that round, everyone after player 16 would get a frozen black screen after the game loaded. The only way to get around it was to continue limiting the server size until the round ended or enable the plugin and change to the next map. In short, what you're seeing is not a bug. It's a workaround for a bug that existed in BF3 and BF4. I have no idea if this applies to BFHL.

The but still exist when server empties and plugin or serever hasn't been restarted. It stays stuck at 10. Only rotating the map fixed it.

The part I bolded- where do I enable the plugin to change to the next map? I don't see it. Can an insane limit do this?

Originally Posted by VBK-Clan*:

Hi ,at CQ server not working after 32 player dont change to up 48 or 64 slot stock at 32 player

i have a server whit 64 slot server after 24 player at on slot dont change to 48 it stay at 32 if 32

when i disable plug ins server dont change to original slot size

Plug in let s server crash i must disable again and restart server sad :sad:

pls update we need this plugin it is best one to get fill server

make sure you have server size set to 64- towards the bottom of the plugin. Mine works fine... except it only starts to work after the next round (in which falcon explained why above) and I'm trying to get someone to make an insane limit for me that will rotate to the next round once 4-6 players are on and round starts.

But I have two 64 slot servers and both work fine past 32 slots.

falcon, I requested a limit for insane limit that would rotate to next round when 4-6 players are on and the round has begun. Insane limits is not currently fully functional according to PC9 and he said

Request: Insane Limit that will rotate to the next round as soon as first round begin

can someone please make me limit that will rotate the map to the next round as soon as the current round starts (usually when 4 players are on) so that my asp plugin works? I know HL isn't fully compatible at the moment but it works for me.

otherwese asp makes my server stuck on the players until I manually rotate to next round.

Thanks!

PC9 said;

Unfortunately, I do not believe it is possible to do this reliably with Insane Limits. There are too many cases where it will get "stuck" in the run next mode and every round start will result in a map rotation, including immediately after the rotation! You could too easily get into an infinite run next round loop.

This is best done in a plugin that can detect the warm up state. Have you asked the ASP dev if he can add this feature for BFH?

ideas falcon?

Originally Posted by VBK-Clan*:

Hello, I am familiar with the plugin well used time bf3

it's not server size is set correctly

at 64, but remains at 32 players at 32, and when I turn around on procon server size to original size in order to provide the server crashes after a round

what can it do for help please

it is good plugin we need

make sure you have server size set to 64- towards the bottom of the plugin. Mine works fine... except it only starts to work after the next round (in which falcon explained why above) and I'm trying to get someone to make an insane limit for me that will rotate to the next round once 4-6 players are on and round starts.

But I have two 64 slot servers and both work fine past 32 slots.

All the numbers are in the right spots. But when procon says I have 66/64 players (2 commanders/hackers) then it crashes the plugin down to 32 players and I have to manually change the player count from 32 back to 64.

It also kicks 32 of my players yet leaves the hackers. So it looks like 34/32.

So what I'm getting at, is after you exceed the 64 cap off the plugin doesn't know what to do. Can we set it to 70? (2 hackers 4 spectators_) It won't let me set it to 70. Defaults to 64.

For BFH adaptive idlekick sends vars.idleTimeout 0 instead 86400. The server does not accept 0 and sets vars.idleTimeout to 225.

i disabled idle kick for hardline and use an insane limit to kick idlers

For BFH adaptive idlekick sends vars.idleTimeout 0 instead 86400. The server does not accept 0 and sets vars.idleTimeout to 225.

Line 775 needs to have an OR statement added for BFH.

Quick easy fix but he'll have to do to edit his original post.

It's currently set that if bf4 do 86400 else do 0 (as bf3 did). Simple oversight :smile:

Code:

if (this.m_strServerGameType == "bf4") {
	this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "vars.idleTimeout", "86400");
} else {
	this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "vars.idleTimeout", "0");