ProconRulz V44j1 - weapon limits and other event-triggered admin actions

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by Novocaine*:

@BAMBAM

/facepalm :ohmy: Makes perfect sense now you put it like that!

I agree with your suggestion to increase the count to 5, if someone hasn't got the message by then a kick is justified.

I'm going to use the following rule subset:

Code:

# Melee Rule
On Kill;Damage Melee;Say %p% made %v% thier bitch!

# Ignore M320
On Kill;Weapon M320;Log M320 Kill

# Kill Rules
On Kill;Map Metro;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Count 5;Kick %p% was kicked for being a skilless RPG whore.
On Kill;Map Bazaar;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Count 5;Kick %p% was kicked for being a skilless RPG whore.

On Kill;Map Metro;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill 100;Say Player %p% was killed for using an RPG.;Say RPGs are not allowed!
On Kill;Map Bazaar;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill 100;Say Player %p% was killed for using an RPG.;Say RPGs are not allowed!

# Debug
On Kill;Log ^4%p% ^0killed ^4%v% ^0with ^8%w% ^0damage ^8%d%
I notice you suggested compressing into one line, could I make these rules more efficient?

Just a suggestion, could we have a commonly used rules list at the start of the thread? Would surely save you a lot of headache with people like me:ohmy:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by bambam*:

@dieter - damage types are in Configs/BF3.def

At a guess I'd say you overwrote the ProconRulz version (included in zip) with another, maybe from XPKiller's plugin. The ProconRulz version of BF3.def is the better version until the next release of Procon comes out which will include my and Phil's changes.

Originally Posted by Novocaine*:

@Novocaine - good suggestion on some rule at top of thread - I'll do that.

Rulz don't need to be 'efficient' but one Say message is one line which I think is better than two. Whatever

@bambam

Agreed, just dropped it to one line rather than two.

Makes more sense while PlayerSay is unavailable and produces less spam.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

Please... there are two basic things you have to do for ANY sensible analysis of what your rulz are doing.

(1) Include a debug rule that logs the weapons key [%wk%]

(2) enable logging of the console, and enable 'events' in the console

ProconRulz is in effect a meta-plugin, that allows you a lot of flexibility in programming your own plugin although I've made weapon limits as simple as possible. We have to be able to work out if your *rulz* have bugs before guessing you've discovered an undiscovered BF3/Procon/ProconRulz issue.

Thanks to Novocaine who did both of these.

Clay52, simply modify your rulz to include these log entries (note player starts getting killed at sniper kill #6 with these rulz)

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerCount 7;Log %p% sniper limit kick with weapon [%wk%];Kick %p% ignoring sniper limit

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerCount 5;Log %p% sniper limit kill with weapon [%wk%];Say %p% sniper limit;Kill 100

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Log %p% sniper limit with weapon [%wk%];Say %p% sniper limit warning #%c%

# Debug

On Kill;Log [%p%] killed [%v%] with [%wk%] damage [%d%]

If *then* you find a sniper limit log entry with an assault rifle key that will be news (and I'd be surprised, although that would suggest one of the assault rifles in BF3.def has been wrongly given damage-type 'SniperRifle' so you could check that.)

Your M39 rule looks fine to me, although the 'warning' will only display when Count>3, i.e. the first warning the player will see is "bambam sniper limit warning #4" and I'm guessing this isn't what you want. I took 'Count' out of your warning rule above for that reason, but I'm guessing what you want.

Please... enable logging in the console. stand in front of somebody, shoot them in the face with the underslung grenade launcher, and tell us all what event BF3 sends Procon (from the Procon console log with events enabled). "the event is triggered" is too vague for me to work with and I don't have time to repeat your issue and collect real data. Maybe BF3 sends the event to Procon "bambam killed radicalmode with the M16A4", or maybe it sends "bambam killled radicalmode with the M320", or something else. Don't worry about collecting 'say' messages in the chat window unless you have a timestamped event from the procon console with event logging that matches up to a ProconRulz 'Say' action including the weapon key %wk%. I'm guessing BF3 reports the underslung rifle nade launcher as an M320, but I don't know and you haven't produced any data I can use.

Hi bambam, I'll do what you've suggested but turns out it was a just the Type88 LMG which is classified as sniper rifle that appears to be the only one. regarding the m320 grenade launcher idea, I'll do that with an admin on my private server to see what happens and will report back. Also, while I get some logs for you we're seeing alot of M416 among others with M320 under-slung so I'm guessing that future code will allow for this too?

Originally Posted by cestcomi*:

If someone is interested, this is my rule for all the shotguns :

# NO SHOTGUN

On Kill;Damage Shotgun;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was AUTO-BANNED 1h00 for using %w%;TempBan 3600 NOOB_SHOTGUN USER

On Kill;Damage Shotgun;PlayerCount 2;Say LAST WARNING %p% NO SHOTGUN;Kill 100

On Kill;Damage Shotgun;PlayerCount 1;Say WARNING %p% NO SHOTGUN;Kill 100

On kill;Damage Shotgun;Log SHOTGUNKILL #%c% by ^2%p%^0 on ^2%v%^0 with %w%

-------------------------

On my 2nd server, the following rule does not work:

On Kill;Map Seine Crossing;Teamsize 10;Damage VehicleHeavy;Say No tanks until 10 players a side;Kill

Is there a problem with Map or Teamsize ?

Thx ;-)

cestcomi:

Map Seine Crossing

Map tests whether the string X appears in the map name as provided by BF3, OR in the map FILENAME. Typing out the map name in full is a bit risky unless you get it exactly right. Take the trouble to look up the map file name and use that, or if too lazy, use "Map Crossing" and minimise the risk. E.g. how do you think Metro is spelt? Did you use an e-acute or not? This was the same on BFBC2 - Valparaiso is NOT spelt like that. If you don't understand why that's wrong, do some research, So you use "Map Valpa" (and avoid the "i" with a spanish squiggle on top of it that DICE used).

vehicleheavy

please see BF3 limitations in first post of this thread

Originally Posted by godspeed3k*:

If someone is interested, this is my rule for all the shotguns :

# NO SHOTGUN

On Kill;Damage Shotgun;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was AUTO-BANNED 1h00 for using %w%;TempBan 3600 NOOB_SHOTGUN USER

On Kill;Damage Shotgun;PlayerCount 2;Say LAST WARNING %p% NO SHOTGUN;Kill 100

On Kill;Damage Shotgun;PlayerCount 1;Say WARNING %p% NO SHOTGUN;Kill 100

On kill;Damage Shotgun;Log SHOTGUNKILL #%c% by ^2%p%^0 on ^2%v%^0 with %w%

-------------------------

On my 2nd server, the following rule does not work:

On Kill;Map Seine Crossing;Teamsize 10;Damage VehicleHeavy;Say No tanks until 10 players a side;Kill

Is there a problem with Map or Teamsize ?

Thx ;-)

The map name has a space, which I imagine is causing the problem.

Code:

On Kill;Map Seine;Teamsize 10;Damage VehicleHeavy;Say No tanks until 10 players a side;Kill
@Bambam

I am not a programmer. I do understand a bit of how it works, and I looked at you .cs and was able to locate where the teamsize was called.

Code:

public int min_teamsize()
            {
                int size1 = teamsize(1);
                int size2 = teamsize(2);
                return size1 < size2 _ size1 : size2;
            }
Would something like added give a total serversize?

Code:

public int serversize()
            {
                int size1 = teamsize(1);
                int size2 = teamsize(2);
                return size1 + size2
            }
I am sure there are more lines of code that makes it available to the rulz portion of the plugin (make it user friendly), but would this be an easy add to increase functionality.

Again I am a pain in the @$$ asking for increased functionality for an already great plugin. I wish I could program and understood the RCON and Plugin API. I would happily assist where I could. In other words, thank you Bambam for what you do.

Originally Posted by Dope25*:

I'm having some issues with using the example above for the jet & heli server (On Kill;Not Weapon Death;Ban), but it says:

ProconRulz: Warning, weapon Death not found in Procon

The rules included are:

Code:

#             SUICIDE LOG
On Suicide;Log [^2%p%^0] ^3suicided^0 with [%wk%]
#             KILL RULZ
On Kill;Not Weapon Death;Ban
On Kill;Log Kill  [^3%p%^0] killed [^3%v%^0] with [^1%w%^0], Damage [^1%d%^0]
#             ROUND CHANGE
On Round;Log Round change to [%m%] [%mm%]
I've put the BF3.def that came with the plugin into /Configs, tried replacing it with BF3.def files from other plugins and I tried manually adding

Code:

procon.protected.weapons.add None "Death"
to the existing BF3.def file.

No matter what I do, it gives an error stating it cannot find weapon Death.

Help please?

Originally Posted by Charly62*:

Hi all.

first, Thank you for the plug-in, it's working :smile:

BUT my problem is : The admins on my server are not punished when they don't respect the rules. How can the plug-in punish them if they don't follow the rules ?

PS : sorry for my language, I'm frensh, so I don't speak english very well ^^

@Dope & Chaos, maybe add a weapon Death to BF3.def with "procon.protected.weapons.add None "Death" Primary None" and at least Procon/ProconRulz will know about it. "Not Weapon Death;Ban" is immediate with no warning. You could make the first 4 kills suicidal, then kick, then ban:

On Kill;Not Weapon Death;PlayerCount 6;Ban %p% banned for ignoring server Jet/Heli rulz

On Kill;Not Weapon Death;PlayerCount 4;Kick %p% kicked for ignoring server Jet/Heli rulz

On Kill;Not Weapon Death;Log %p% killed for non Jet/Heli use;Kill 100

@CHarly - ProconRulz will not kill, kick or ban a player that has an admin account in Procon on the same server - in the next release of ProconRulz I'll make this optional. In the meantime do what we do in OFc - have sensible admins who do not behave in a way that would get other players kicked...

@Godspeed - yeah you correctly identified the code that is used for the 'min teamsize' caculation used in the Teamsize condition and the %n% variable. In my experience MOST rules actually need the size of the smallest team, not the total on the server, e.g. if you want to disallow tanks (not possible on BF3 yet) if the server is lightly populated, you can't use a condition "ServerPlayersCount 16" because the teams may not be 8+8. Actually for that rule you wanted "min teamsize 8" so that's the single figure made available today. How would you use total server playercount in a rule? I could add it if needed.

UPDATE: A KILL WITH AN UNDERSLUNG NADE ON AN ASSAULT RIFLE IS REPORTED BY BF3 AS THE SAME WEAPON AS THE RIFLE, SO THIS IS OBVIOUSLY BOLOX AT THE MOMENT.

Originally Posted by Dope25*:

I added the definition precisely how you wrote it, but the result is still the same.

[22:49:32 35] ProconRulz: Warning, weapon Death not found in Procon

Code:

procon.protected.specialization.clear

procon.protected.weapons.clear
procon.protected.weapons.add None "DAO-12" Secondary Shotgun
procon.protected.weapons.add None "Death" Primary None
procon.protected.weapons.add Assault "F2000" Primary AssaultRifle

Originally Posted by godspeed3k*:

@Godspeed - yeah you correctly identified the code that is used for the 'min teamsize' caculation used in the Teamsize condition and the %n% variable. In my experience MOST rules actually need the size of the smallest team, not the total on the server, e.g. if you want to disallow tanks (not possible on BF3 yet) if the server is lightly populated, you can't use a condition "ServerPlayersCount 16" because the teams may not be 8+8. Actually for that rule you wanted "min teamsize 8" so that's the single figure made available today. How would you use total server playercount in a rule? I could add it if needed.

You are correct in saying most rules would, and can use use the TeamSize condition without too much issue, but lacks precision in some scenarios. Just on example, I was considering logging when my server hit certain population thresholds. I use the adaptive server size plugin, and might want to log when it changes its size so I can refer back to the log to see how effective it is vs not using it. The teamsize condition could be used, but its not exactly precise.

Originally Posted by Disturbed11B*:

@bambam I added the weapon death because as far as i could see in procon thats what it was showing up as. So once I added it, it did work, BUT it also killed people who used morters. So that idea is now thrown out the window.

Originally Posted by BarelyBen*:

I'm not very good at this but, Could someone write up a rule for Any Kind of Rockets and M320?

I tried this one

Kit Recon 2;Say >>%p%

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 24h for killing %v% with RPG-7;TempBan 86400 Noobtube user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 24h for killing %v% with SMAW;TempBan 86400 Noobtube user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 24h for killing %v% with M320;TempBan 86400 Noobtube user

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;say NO RPG %p%!!! Next time = Temporary Ban for 24h00 !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;say NO SMAW %p%!!! Next time = Temporary Ban for 24h00 !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon M320;say NO M320 %p%!!! Next time = Temporary Ban for 24h00 !;Kill 100

But its saying the weapons are not found

@Disturb11d - pls read 1st post of this thread, and you'll see exactly that limitation of BF3 R10 explained. Well done working out the "check console for weapon code, put it in a 'Weapon' condition" approach though.

@BarelyBen

you don't need to restart server - ProconRulz immediately uses new rulz any time you change them. All counts will start at zero if you change rulz.

you rulz are mostly ok. Your "Kit Recon 2;Say >>%p%

@godspeed - I understand the functionality you're suggesting but the example didn't really fit my main objective to provide conditions that will be useful within rulz. The implementation is genuinely trivial, pretty much a copy of the existing Teamsize logic but will mean adding the functions and updating the documentation but I'll see if I can get around to it.

Originally Posted by sasdoctor*:

@BamBam

In the weapon list i can't find the AK-74M, i have checked in the bf3.def but doesn't found is possible add this assault rifle in the list? and if possible how i can adding?

Thank's in advance

Originally Posted by CoMPaHoLiC*:

@BamBam, you mention "Stop use of rockets on map Operation Metro"

That's not entirely correct - it stops all explosive's on Metro (including M320) which might not be want people want to accommodate? To be more clear in this, we're currently evaluating wether or not to include this rule to stop the rocket spam on metro. The question at hand is if "ExplosiveProjectile" also involves the M320 smoke (and/or Mortar smoke) as a weapon.

While most people are done with rocket spamming infantry this is certainly not clear from the logging we as server admins get, but smoke should be possible, right?

Cheers and thanks for making this great plugin!

ps Would 'regexp' or multiple matching be possible for some commands? Like "On Say;Text cheat|hack|camp;Log %p% complains"? Instead of making 3 rules for this? (this would also be convenient to match the count better :smile: )

Originally Posted by apocalypsedan*:

is it possible to add Jets and Helis so I can try to stop the Jet Spawn Killing On my server at the moment I just ban jet pilots but my ban list is getting quite large so i was wondering if Procon could help

Many thanks for your ongoing support

@sasdoctor - well spotted and apologies - I had a typo in the AK-74M entry in the update I did to the BF3.def. The weapon key is "Weapons/AK74M/AK74". You can either edit your copy and correct the typo damage type to "AssaultRifle", or download the updated version of BF3.def I just put in the zip in the first post on this thread.

@ compaholic - you're right, the situation will change with new releases of BF3 but ultimately you have to refer to whatever the latest BF3.def says for Procon. Detail of the BF3 behaviour can't entirely rely on testing by me - it affects all plugins - but I don't think BF3 R10 gives any info in the events regarding smoke vs. explosive nades. The underslung nade kills are currently reported as the assault rifle, not a nade at all. I'll certainly think about the regexp issue, probably with a new TextExp condition. Most users of ProconRulz have much more basic needs but I see your point re the count.

@ apocolypse - BF3 R10 just doesn't provide the info you need, unless you are prepared to ban ALL vehicles. At the moment all kills by all vehicles are weapon 'Death', so it's impossible to differentiate in a plugin.

opti2k4 - correct. You would have to use a "Weapon Death" condition and that would affect vehicle kills also. The question is how long this limitation remains in BF3. All the technology is in place, it just depends on DICE reporting a kill in the rcon interface as "Weapon MORTAR" (or whatever key) instead of "Weapon Death". I suspect you are not going to be the last person to ask this question, although this explanation is given in the first post of this thread.

Originally Posted by EntraVenuS*:

Ok please dont shoot me as i am a little new to procon but i have used the search function but not able to see the wood for the trees so to speak. is this plugin capable of limiting the number of snipers per side? and stop the use of rpg and mortars on infantry_. like i said i am sorry if this has been answered before .. thanks in advance..

is this plugin capable of limiting the number of snipers per side?

simple answer NO, because we're waiting/hoping for an update to BF3 that will make this possible. ProconRulz was designed to do what you require but the data is missing so far in BF3 R10.

What you can do is limit the number of SniperRifle KILLS permitted to any player or team, e.g. to limit any player to 8 sniper rifle kills use a rule such as

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerCount 8;Say %p% sniper limit;Kill 100

Maybe with a BF3 update ProconRulz will be able to do what was possible with BFBC2, i.e. limit the number of players allowed to spawn concurrently on a team with a given weapon or class.

stop the use of rpg and mortars on infantry

Only on a map where you don't have vehicles (e.g. Metro). This is an old chestnut from BFBC2 days - if you rocket a tank with a player in it, BF3 (and BFBC2) both simply report a player was killed with an RPG. No plugin can tell whether the player was walking on the beach or cosy inside a tank. And I'm assuming RPG's on tanks are OK. But to limit rockets on Metro use a rule such as

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Say %p% no rocket kills on Metro;Kill 100