ProconRulz V44j1 - weapon limits and other event-triggered admin actions

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

I had this correct but I fubar'd it somehow and forgot how it went. I want to tban for 1 hour or 3600 secs, how do I write this again?

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;TempBan 3600 %p% No RPG/SMAW or M320 Allowed,Temp ban for 1 Hour!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by bambam*:

Clay the rule is ok if it's what you want, with these comments:

* no PlayerCount means the player will be banned immediately

* FYI the player never sees the TempBan 'message' - it is the 'reason' given in the ban file entry

So you might want to combine the rulz:

# RPG limit on Operation Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 5;TempBan 3600 %p% %w% - 1 hour temp ban ProjectileExplosive

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 4;Kick %p% - using rockets on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerFirst;Say %p% do NOT use rockets on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill 100

The 'hash' character means ProconRulz ignores the rest of that line, so yes, you can disable rulz with it if you want.

@ty-ger - no problem - just having a laugh.

heads-up: the next release of ProconRulz (v35) will allow multiple item keys (i.e. Kit/Weapon/Damage/Specialization) to be used in a single condition separated with commas and no spaces. (Reminder: BF3 currently only supports Weapon/Damage on Kills, nothing on Spawn) The condition succeeds if ANY of the items is correct. E.g. On Kill;Weapon RPG-7,SMAW;... will succeed if the kill was with an RPG-7 or a SMAW. Technically this doesn't add a capability that wasn't possible before (except in a minor way to do with 'counts'), in other words

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7,SMAW;Log player killed with RPG-7 or SMAW

is similar to

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;Log player killed with RPG-7 or SMAW

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;Log player killed with RPG-7 or SMAW

The multi-item format accepts all existing rulz as a subset of the new extended format.

This is just a heads-up - v35 is running now on our clan server with a variety of test rulz with Log actions, and it will be released when/if that shows no issues. Really we're waiting for DICE to provide the On Spawn data to make any real move forward.

Originally Posted by TaugeNixNix*:

hi,

i have a problem. on my pstol and knife only server i have this rules:

On Kill;Not Damage Melee;Not Damage Handgun;PlayerCount 2;Log %p% banned (KNIFE & PISTOLS ONLY);Ban %p% pistols only

On Killl;Not Damage Melee;Not Damage Handgun;PlayerSay %p% KNIFE & PISTOLS ONLY;Kick

On Kill;Damage Explosive;PlayerCount 2;Log %p% banned (KNIFE & PISTOLS ONLY);Ban %p% pistols&knife only

On Killl;Damage Explosive;PlayerSay %p% KNIFE & PISTOLS ONLY;Kick

BUT:

when i make a kill with grenade (claymore too, i think) i only get the message but no kick!!! is there a mistake in my rules i have done?

thx

Originally Posted by illuminator*:

I'd like to restrict tanks, under 8 players and did take over the expample code:

On Kill;Teamsize 8;Damage VehicleHeavy;Say No tanks until 4 players a side;Kill

But it's not working. Is the tank restriction working at all in the moment ? And a second question is., YELL message also not working right now, right ?

THX illu

Originally Posted by YouPilA*:

1) not all weapon keys are available. All kills by mortar, MAV, tanks, choppers, humvee are just weapon 'Death'

5) 'say' messages are to server/team/squad only. I.e. no 'PlayerSay' which makes in-game admin awkward

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

I've been wanting to ask and don't remember if this has been addressed but, a player who uses e.g. the USAS-12, is warned at 3 kills, suicided at 5 kills then ultimately kicked at 7 as I have among others, should the plugin be intelligent enough to allow the player to kill 4 guys, then move to a different weapon, then go back to the USA and kill 4 more, thus not breaking the rule? It more often than not doesn't work this way, why is that? This is a concern among many on my server and frankly yours truly too.

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

I've been wanting to ask and don't remember if this has been addressed but, a player who uses e.g. the USAS-12, is warned at 3 kills, suicided at 5 kills then ultimately kicked at 7 as I have among others, should the plugin be intelligent enough to allow the player to kill 4 guys, then move to a different weapon, then go back to the USA and kill 4 more, thus not breaking the rule? It more often than not doesn't work this way, why is that? This is a concern among many on my server and frankly yours truly too.

My understanding is that it just counts how many times the player kills with that weapon in a single round. It does not take into consideration respawning, changing weapons, etc. It just adds up the total number of kills with that weapon for the round.

Maybe you are asking if such functionality COULD be integrated by the plugin developer.

Originally Posted by Disturbed11B*:

Not sure whats wrong with my code now, but the server keeps crashing and im having to restart it...

On Kill;Weapon USAS-12;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% kicked for USAS-12;Kick %p% was kicked for USAS-12

On Kill;Weapon USAS-12;Say %p% USAS-12 Is NOT Allowed;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon Siaga20k;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% kicked for Siaga20k;Kick %p% was kicked for Siaga20k

On Kill;Weapon Siaga20k;Say %p% Siaga20k Is NOT Allowed;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon DAO-12;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% kicked for DAO-12;Kick %p% was kicked for DAO-12

On Kill;Weapon DAO-12;Say %p% DAO-12 Is NOT Allowed;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon Death;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% kicked for Mortar/MAV;Kick %p% was kicked for Mortars/MAV Killing

On Kill;Weapon Death;Say %p% Mortars/MAV Killing is NOT Allowed; Kill 100

Originally Posted by Disturbed11B*:

Yep it definatly just kicked my entire server.... it didnt crash..... but this is all i got.

[01:17:13] FailsafeNY has left the server..

[01:17:13] Gnomerzy has left the server..

[01:17:13] Starboy103 has left the server..

[01:17:13] filafresh has left the server..

[01:17:13] Moonlapsed has left the server..

[01:17:13] overdose670926 has left the server..

[01:17:13] chrispace has left the server..

[01:17:13] dilaba has left the server..

[01:17:13] Annealing has left the server..

[01:17:13] M1st3r_R3ap3r has left the server..

[01:17:13] y0eleven has left the server..

[01:17:13] TW-blackman has left the server..

[01:17:13] ANDREY28061 has left the server..

[01:17:13] ShadowAndrew59 has left the server..

[01:17:13] krincov89 has left the server..

[01:17:14] Cpt_Hero1 has left the server..

[01:17:14] HawKingDragon has left the server..

[01:17:14] komorka1 has left the server..

[01:17:14] Fiedoor has left the server..

[01:17:14] ads5845TM has left the server..

[01:17:14] kikeONE88 has left the server..

[01:17:14] liswhbkp has left the server..

[01:17:14] Zmejj has left the server..

[01:17:14] cprocks97 has left the server..

[01:17:14] CaptBeanerzzz has left the server..

[01:17:14] Villian777 has left the server..

[01:17:14] WER3_5 has left the server..

[01:17:14] ExigenceNow has left the server..

[01:17:14] bkm8860 has left the server..

[01:17:14] PKH2007 has left the server..

[01:17:14] logoutspspriggan has left the server..

[01:17:14] edmoney52 has left the server..

[01:17:14] acer242 has left the server..

[01:17:14] DLegacy87 has left the server..

[01:17:14] Katana0123 has left the server..

[01:17:14] KOR-Rock_On has left the server..

[01:17:14] Knukem has left the server..

[01:17:14] eschapeel has left the server..

[01:17:14] xxxFishBallxxx has left the server..

[01:18:11] diegogonzalezgal has joined the server..

[01:18:14] pillidonlar has joined the server..

[01:18:19] chrispace has joined the server..

[01:18:24] Annealing has joined the server..

[01:18:39] ThundershaftN has joined the server..

[01:18:45] migopimentel has joined the server..

[01:18:47] ads5845TM has joined the server..

[01:18:54] filafresh has joined the server..

[01:19:04] Ak14k has joined the server..

[01:19:15] leon1591 has joined the server..

[01:19:17] ARAYKOANSAKIT has joined the server..

[01:19:30] ARAYKOANSAKIT has joined the server..

[01:19:30] HawKingDragon has joined the server..

[01:19:40] ThundershaftN has left the server..

[01:19:41] Trucker-49 has joined the server..

[01:19:42] Annealing has left the server..

There's obviously more kicked but I didn't want a wall of death.

Originally Posted by bhayker*:

Hi,

I'd like to setup a no mortars/MAV rule on my Metro only server, I'd like to just inform the player on the first kill, kill the player if they choose to ignore the first warning, and on the 10th MAv/Mortar kill I'd like to kick them.

Is this possible, and if so could you post the rules required

Many thanks

Originally Posted by godspeed3k*:

5) 'say' messages are to server/team/squad only. I.e. no 'PlayerSay' which makes in-game admin awkward

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure the PlayerSay commands are working currently. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by PhaxeNor*:

Is there anyway to warn a player 2 times if he uses taclights and kick him after the 2nd warning?

Cause Specialization Keys are not available__!__!

Can't do that yet, so yes its because no kit specialization info is available.

Also, does kick message work for anyone else? (BF3)

Kick work, but not Kick msg

I *think* Procon is translating PlayerSay actions (rcon commands admin.say player ) which BF3 can't do into similar commands that 'Say' to the player's squad. All a bit of a hack because BF3 doesn't support PlayerSay (yet). Not much you can do. I'm just not using PlayerSay in rulz until BF3 actually supports it.

Disturb11d your rulz look fine to me - BF3 has half-a-dozen ways it can spaz and empty a server, gradually getting fixed in various BF3 releases from DICE, mostly to do with the server having a network glitch seeing the EA servers or PBbans. I'm quite confident ProconRulz isn't doing anything that should crash the server with your rulz, because we're up to version 34 of ProconRulz and that aspect of the code has never been an issue in the past and hasn't changed with BF3. You'd think there's a chance that ProconRulz could trigger some bug in BF3, in which case I would write code to work around it, but so far I'm pretty sure this isn't the case either.

bhaker just trawl through this thread and you should find what you want. Start with the 1st post.

BF3 doesn't seem to do anything with the message given in a Kick command - BFBC2 would display the message is a box to piss of the kicked player crashing out of the game. At a guess this is due to the BFBC2 code morphing into BattleLog. The rcon protocol still includes the message tho so maybe one day BF3 will support it.

Originally Posted by stuckmoto*:

@ bambam & bhayker - I'm using this rule in my METRO servers :

Code:

####     EXPLOSIVES   ####
On Kill;Weapon Roadkill;Count 10;Kick DO NOT SPAM MAV;Log ^1 %p% kicked at for MAV spam 
On Kill;Weapon Roadkill;Count 6;Kill DO NOT SPAM MAV;Log ^1 %p% killed at for MAV spam 
On Kill;Weapon Roadkill;Log ^1 %p% killed [%v%] with %w% (kill #%c%)
It seems to be working flawlessly EXCEPT when I first load the rule - proconrulz spits out "Warning, weapon Roadkill not found in Procon

Originally Posted by PhaxeNor*:

@ bambam & bhayker - I'm using this rule in my METRO servers :

Code:

####     EXPLOSIVES   ####
On Kill;Weapon Roadkill;Count 10;Kick DO NOT SPAM MAV;Log ^1 %p% kicked at for MAV spam 
On Kill;Weapon Roadkill;Count 6;Kill DO NOT SPAM MAV;Log ^1 %p% killed at for MAV spam 
On Kill;Weapon Roadkill;Log ^1 %p% killed [%v%] with %w% (kill #%c%)
It seems to be working flawlessly EXCEPT when I first load the rule - proconrulz spits out "Warning, weapon Roadkill not found in Procon
I added

Code:

procon.protected.weapons.add None "Roadkill" Primary None
to BF3.def and that removed the error message, but as it should only be temp this is the only way I guess.

Originally Posted by stuckmoto*:

I added

Code:

procon.protected.weapons.add None "Roadkill" Primary None
to BF3.def and that removed the error message, but as it should only be temp this is the only way I guess.
Thanks but, unfortunately I can't edit the BF3.def file because it's hosted/locked down :sad:

Relax - if you *know* the kit for the weapon is "None" and the damage for the weapon is "None", then it makes no difference whether BF3.def has an entry for the weapon or not. ProconRulz gives a warning because you could have mis-typed a weapon key, or the weapon key could be missing from BF3.def because it's out-of-date. It would be an issue for rifles, handguns, rockets, nades etc if you have a condition "Damage X" (e.g. Explosive) and that weapon should be included, but this never happens for Death or Roadkill.

Stuckmoto is your hosted procon now 1.1.2.0 ? I'm wondering if your host updates the code, BF3.def or both ?

A kill by MAV is reported as weapon "Roadkill"? That's a new piece of info - thanks.

a patch from you to follow the EA/DICE patch

AFAIK there's nothing in the patch for ProconRulz users, although I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong. In general, yes, I'll update ProconRulz to take advantage of any new BF3 features. The On Spawn and Kit/Spec code is already in ProconRulz and given that all the other rcon stuff from BF3 is a straight lift from BFBC2 I'm expecting that to work as soon as/if BF3 provides that data. It's possible Procon (and BF3.def) will require an update at that point though.

Originally Posted by apocalypsedan*:

Hi Is there a way to use this plugin to stop player using the Jets,

It seems Every time I get my Server going some Colonel lvl 30 comes in and kills my server

So I would like to know if this Plugin Could help me set up a rule for No Jets

that would be amazing a true Heli Map :o

thanks for your ongoing Support Kudos