ProconRulz V44j1 - weapon limits and other event-triggered admin actions

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by bambam*:

droopie

I want it to kill you on every 5th tk

If you want to kill the player at the 5th, 10th, 15th ..TK, you need multiple rulz:

On teamkill;playercount 19;Not playercount 20;say autokilled %p% for 20 tk's!;log autokill 20 tker %p%;kill 500

On teamkill;playercount 14;Not playercount 15;say autokilled %p% for 15 tk's!;log autokill 15 tker %p%;kill 500

On teamkill;playercount 9;Not playercount 10;say autokilled %p% for 10 tk's!;log autokill 10 tker %p%;kill 500

On teamkill;playercount 4;Not playercount 5;say autokilled %p% for 5 tk's!;log autokill 5 tker %p%;kill 500

_ddonut? do you mean you want to kill a player the first time they kill with the USAS-12, and the second time the same player kills with the USAS-12 you want that player kicked for an hour?

On Kill;Weapon USAS-12;PlayerCount 1;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour usng the USAS-12 on this server;TempBan 3600 USAS-12 limit - 1 hour ban

On Kill;Weapon USAS-12;Say %p% do not use the USAS-12 on this server;Kill

Note that "Kick for an hour" is the same as a 1 hour temp ban. Also, as these rulz make all USAS-12 kills SUICIDAL I really don't think you will have much of a problem and kicking the player on the second is a bit hardass - I'd use 'PlayerCount 2' in the first rule so the player gets kicked the THIRD time (i.e. Player count is > 2).

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Mazing*:

Hey guys, not sure what I'm doing with this plugin. Does these rules look ok to run?

On Kill;TeamFirst;Say FIRST BLOOD for %pt% by %p%, killing %v% with %w%

On TeamKill;PlayerCount 1;Log %p% teamkill on %v% #%c%;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon Death;Teamsize 4;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills until 5 players per team;Kill

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 1;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour for usng the %w% on this server;TempBan 3600 No rocket/grenade launchers on Metro - 1 hour ban

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Say %p% do not use rocket/grenade launchers on Metro;Kill

Mazing those rulz are great for a first set and look good to me. For a bit of fine tuning, you could adjust the counts on the Metro/Rockets rulz - a player could kill 2 people with their first rocket and get immediately kicked/banned 1 hour. My suggestion would be (1) give them a message AND kill them on the first rocket kill, (2) kill them on rocket kill number 2 and 3, (3) tempban them on the 4th rocket kill. Whatever you choose - there's no right or wrong. Rulz tweaked as I suggest below.

On Kill;Weapon Death;Teamsize 4;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills until 5 players per team;Kill

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour for usng the %w% on this server;TempBan 3600 No rocket/grenade launchers on Metro - 1 hour ban

On Kill;Map Subway;PlayerFirst;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Say %p% do not use rocket/grenade launchers on Metro;Kill

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill

straffefangen you just put ProconRulz.cs (downloaded from 1st post in this thread) in the Plugins/BF3 directory and restart Procon (or reload plugins...). All plugins must be installed on the Procon that actually connects to your BF3 server, not on your end-user desktop version of Procon if that is connecting to another Procon upstream...

fuck off :smile:

LOL ok - I am sitting here looking at a ProconRulz v36 log right now confirming it is picking up the PunkBuster GUIDs correctly, and I've written two new actions, PBKick and PBBan (amongst all the other stuff that's in the next version). I'll need to check the code is all doing what it's supposed to be doing over the next few days. Personally I've never used Punkbuster (DICE swear the banlist in BF3 is now ok, and ProconRulz Ban is by EA Guid, not name, so it's not too bad), but I've enabled the PB web console on our BF3 server and I'll confirm the PBBan/PBKick stuff. Maybe then I'll give it to you to test Clay.

Bambam

Originally Posted by straffefangen*:

bambam would you help me set up a complete set of rules ? that i can copy paste into procon .. its not that im lazy but i just dont understand the system enough to not mess up things

i just wants limitations on metro map other maps no limits other than the ones set by hardcore preset ..

no smaws, m320, rpg, mortars, gaymore and maybe limit hand grenades to 1-2 pr round pr plAYER if used issue 1 warning then 2nd time kick and then 3rd time ban/kick

limit the snipers so there cant be more than like 1-2 on each side

if possible kick users who kills with rc flying thingie.. mav this id like to have on all maps

straffefangen limits on Operation Metro are easier than the others because there's no vehicles to worry about, so you can block RPG's as you KNOW they must have been used on infantry:

tweaking Mazing's rulz:

# happy message first blood announce per team

# TEAMKILL RULZ (2-plus teamkills are suicidal)

# VEHICLE KILL LIMIT ON SMALL TEAMS (vehicle kills when team under 5 are suicidal)

# METRO ROCKET, M320, MORTAR, CLAYMORE RULZ (first 3 rocket/explosive kills on Metro suicidal, then 1 hour kick/ban)

# 1. block all rocket weapons

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour for usng the %w% on this server;TempBan 3600 No rocket/grenade launchers on Metro - 1 hour ban

On Kill;Map Subway;PlayerFirst;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Say %p% do not use rocket/grenade launchers on Metro;Kill

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill

# 2. block all explosives

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Explosive;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour for usng the %w% on this server;TempBan 3600 No explosives on Metro - 1 hour ban

On Kill;Map Subway;PlayerFirst;Damage Explosive;Say %p% do not use explosives on Metro;Kill

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Explosive;Kill

# MAV block on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon Roadkill;Say %p% no MAV kills on Metro;Kill

# GENERAL LOG RULZ

On Kill;Log Kill [%pt%] [^2%p%^0] killed [%vt%] [^2%v%^0] with [%wk%] [%w%], Kit [%kk%] [%k%], Damage [%d%]

On Spawn;Log [%pt%] [^2%p%^0] spawned with [%kk%], [%wk%], [%speck%]

limit the snipers so there cant be more than like 1-2 on each side

You cannot limit the number of snipers PER TEAM (with the current release of BF3). All you can do is limit the number of kills by a sniper rifle PER PLAYER, which is not really what you want. If you do want the kill limit, add these rulz at the TOP of the above rulz:

# SNIPER RULZ

# max 5 kills per sniper, kill #6 and #7 suicidal, then kick/ban one hour

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerCount 7;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour for using the %w% on this server;TempBan 3600 Sniper Limit - 1 hour ban

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;PlayerCount 5;Say %p% sniper limit (kill #%c% - max 5 kills);Kill

Originally Posted by metaledge*:

Hallo kann mir Bitte jemand ne Rule schreiben für Pistols,Messer,Granaten only

und eine Rule für Shotgun,Pistols,Messer,Granaten, only.

Am besten das man die verbotenen sachen gar nicht erst wählen kann oder das man bei nem kill stirbt

Danke

Originally Posted by BlueSmiley*:

You cannot limit the number of snipers PER TEAM (with the current release of BF3). All you can do is limit the number of kills by a sniper rifle PER PLAYER, which is not really what you want. If you do want the kill limit, add these rulz at the TOP of the above rulz:

Aww, that sucks. :sad:

yeah it does, but there's no real technical challenge to DICE adding the other data so I'm hopeful.

Clay there's nothing new in BF3 R12 or Procon 1.1.3.0 that affects ProconRulz, so there's no linkage to release dates. As I think you know I have ProconRulz v36 in testing, and it'll be released when that testing is complete, whenever that is. v36 has the Punkbuster stuff that you want in it, plus much enhanced programmability through support for general-purpose variables that can be used for counts. My server is running a few custom rulz designed to test the use of those variables, including rulz that provide 'quakecounter' style functionality and also a 'kill streak' counter - just as examples of the enhanced capability. So this stuff takes a fair bit of testing and the v36 update will be out when it's out.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

yeah it does, but there's no real technical challenge to DICE adding the other data so I'm hopeful.

Clay there's nothing new in BF3 R12 or Procon 1.1.3.0 that affects ProconRulz, so there's no linkage to release dates. As I think you know I have ProconRulz v36 in testing, and it'll be released when that testing is complete, whenever that is. v36 has the Punkbuster stuff that you want in it, plus much enhanced programmability through support for general-purpose variables that can be used for counts. My server is running a few custom rulz designed to test the use of those variables, including rulz that provide 'quakecounter' style functionality and also a 'kill streak' counter - just as examples of the enhanced capability. So this stuff takes a fair bit of testing and the v36 update will be out when it's out.

Thanks, seems to me I offered my server(s) for testing and a much as I use the rules it would've been nice to be considered for testing purposes.

proconrulz file goes in Plugins/BF3, then restart Procon. What is it you want ProconRulz for?

Clay thanks for the server offer - I'm testing fine using our clan server - the time is just the number of tests I want to run and look carefully at debug outputs and trace log entries to make sure the new code is behaving as it should. Only I can do this testing and of course I'm not full-time on it (otherwise it wouldn't be free...)

Baboune all you'd have to do is add this one rule (plus optional '#' comment):

# TEAMKILL RULZ (2-plus teamkills are suicidal)

First teamkill is OK, after that teamkills are suicidal. There's something similar in the default rulz that install when ProconRulz is first started. When you get the hang of it you can add more rulz e.g. from the previous page in this thread or in the 1st post.

If you want a general chat message that appears if the player says 'rulz' or 'rules', then you can use the standard rules message display that is one of the ProconRulz settings.

Plus it is possible to define rulz that have the effect of putting out text when a player says something, e.g. (say "darth")

On Say;Text darth;Say I am your father, %p%;Say %pt% are losers, join me on the Dark Side

lol thanks Clay.

PhaxeNor the counts for all the rulz DO reset at round end.

There are two small exceptions:

(1) the internal count used in the 'Rate' condition. If you say "Rate 2 3600" that would be "this rule triggered for this player twice in an hour" and the hour can span multiple rounds. If you want a general count condition that CONTINUES past round end then you can use "Rate", just give a very long time period.

(2) the PlayerOnce condition only fires once the whole time a player is on the server, hence the name. I.e. through multiple rounds, not reset at round end. (The condition PlayerFirst does the same thing but resets at round end...)

Clay BF3 R12 is just a bug fix (haven't actually applied it yet). No idea what R13 and R14 are. These changes have very little impact on ProconRulz - I'm basically waiting for BF3 to catch up with BFBC2 and nothing has changed in BF3 since R3. **edit** lol just catching up - I see our server has been patched to R14 - I think it's a safe bet this has no new features that ProconRulz will gain advantage from.

Originally Posted by nariquo*:

mal ne frage ich habe bis jetzt den extreme weapon limitier verwendet seiddem back to karkand draussen ist crashed das ding aber dauernd den server deswegen würde ich gerne das hier verwenden.

nur was muss ich in die regelns chreiben wenn ich alle sniper waffen verbieten will

sorry for german :-)

what do i have to write when i want to district all sniper rifles

nariquo This rule will make a kill with any sniper rifle suicidal. Note it is not possible with BF3 to detect when someone SPAWNS with a sniper rifle, only if they KILL with it.

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Say %p% No Sniper Rifles on this server !!;Kill

Originally Posted by nariquo*:

thx a lot the only question i have is in my rules there is standard this:

# SPAWN RULE, so we get info when BF3 gives it

On Spawn;Log [%pt%] ^2%p%^0 spawned with [%kk%], [%wk%], [%speck%]

# TEAMKILL RULZ

On TeamKill;Admin

On TeamKill;PlayerCount 2;Log %p% SUICIDAL TEAMKILL #%c% on %v% with %w%;Kill 100

On TeamKill;Log TEAMKILL #%c% by ^2%p%^0 on ^2%v%^0 with %w%

# SUICIDE LOG

On Suicide;Log Suicide by [%pt%] [^2%p%^0] with [%wk%]

# SAMPLE KILL RULZ

On Kill;Weapon M15&AT&MINE;Log Mine kill by [^2%p%^0] on [^2%v%^0]

On Kill;Weapon weapons/knife/knife;Log Knife kill by [^2%p%^0] on [^2%v%^0]

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Log Rockect nade kill by [^2%p%^0] on [^2%v%^0]

On Kill;Log Kill [%pt%] [^2%p%^0] killed [%vt%] [^2%v%^0] with [%wk%] [%w%], Kit [%kk%] [%k%], Damage [%d%]

# SAMPLE SAY RULZ

On Say;Text protected;Protected;Say [^2%p%^0] is protected

On Say;Text protected;Not Protected;Say [^2%p%^0] is NOT protected

On Say;Admin;Text xkill;TargetPlayer;Say Confirm %t%;TargetAction Say %t% killed by admin;TargetAction Kill 100

On Say;Admin;Text xkick;TargetPlayer;Say Confirm %t%;TargetAction Say %t% kicked by admin;TargetAction Kick Kicked by admin

On Say;Text xyes;TargetConfirm

# ROUND CHANGE

On Round;Log Round change to [%m%] [%mm%]

# JOINER/LEAVER LOG

On Join;Admin;Log Joiner [^2%p%^0] (min teamsize %n%) (Admin)

On Join;Log Joiner [^2%p%^0] (min teamsize %n%) (Not admin)

On Leave; Log Leaver [^2%p%^0] (min teamsize %n%)

so can i delete the whole thing and just put in:

On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;Say %p% No Sniper Rifles on this server !!;Kill

or do i have to let some things in sorry for the question but im a noob in this till now :-)

Originally Posted by PhaxeNor*:

PhaxeNor the counts for all the rulz DO reset at round end.

There are two small exceptions:

(1) the internal count used in the 'Rate' condition. If you say "Rate 2 3600" that would be "this rule triggered for this player twice in an hour" and the hour can span multiple rounds. If you want a general count condition that CONTINUES past round end then you can use "Rate", just give a very long time period.

(2) the PlayerOnce condition only fires once the whole time a player is on the server, hence the name. I.e. through multiple rounds, not reset at round end. (The condition PlayerFirst does the same thing but resets at round end...)

So I can do;

On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Knife/Knife;Count 30;Kick Too many knife kills;Log %p% kicked with 30 knife kills in a round

On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Knife/Knife;Rate 30 1800;Kick Too many knife kills in 30 minutes;Log %p% kicked for 30 knife in less than 30 minutes

So either of those will work for me then.

Mainly to prevent the knife hackers that you see around. But this number should be okey enough for a round. Since no one can get 30 knife in 30 minutes on Metro :P

but I can use the "Rate" to also reduce the crazy aimbots too I guess

On Kill;Rate 25 60;Kick Killing too fast, suspecting aimbot;Log %p% kicked for suspected aimboting

ofc I would have to find a number that doesn't effect those that "are" legit.

(Don't want to use killrate checker either since I have people that go 100+/0 in a round with m320)

@nariquo you can delete all and use your own rules yes.

nariquo as PhaxeNor says, it's up to you. If you add your sniper rule to the top of the other rulz, it will work AS WELL as the other rulz (all of those just produce log messages, except TEAMKILLS are suicidal from the 3rd onwards.) Or you can delete every other rule and only keep your one sniper rule. My advice to start is put your rule at the top, and delete the other rulz in a week or so when you have a clue what you're doing...

PhaxeNor you're exactly right with the knife rulz (what are 'knife hackers' doing? I haven't seen them.)

And yeah, full marks, 'Rate' can be used to spot aimbot users - in BFBC2 we ended up with some major blatant aimbot hackers, who'd just stand there in spawn and spray with a medic LMG into the opposing base and rack up a phenominal kill rate. I haven't seen this *blatant* aimbot hacking in BF3 yet tho. But how you fine-tune the Rate to pick up aimbotters is an art not a science. For our BF3 server I had maybe 3 or 4 "On Kill;Rate..." rulz, using different time periods. E.g. you can count Headshots in a very short time period and reliably pick up hackers, non-headshots you need to look at a longer time period, RPG's can show a high kill rate (killing 4 people at once) and you might want to exclude those.

In our clan we really wanted to avoid false positives as much as possible, so when Admins are on the server the rulz give "ProconRulz Protection System" warnings rather than taking action. But I always check the logs for these messages plus the messages when players were actually banned - and check the player's stats - ALWAYS they were total cnut hackers. Once the "ProconRulz Protection System" messages start coming up (i.e. Admins must have been online, and the messages repeat on every kill inside the hacker time window) then hackers generally have left the server - I think they can see their activity being flagged and are not sure what's going on. In other words ProconRulz was a lot more reliable than my clan admin homies who generally did fuck-all as these messages came by - too busy gaming themselves.

There are 'sleeper' hackers who keep their kill rate low to try and avoid suspicion, but they're rare. God knows why they bother.

Please note the plugin CheaterAlert [bC2] from Morpheus is WAYYY the best cheater detect plugin, which uses kill rates to identify suspects, but then automatically checks their stats online. Not BF3-ready yet but Morpheus has said he'll work on it in the new year, our maybe Feb.

These are our rulz from our BFBC2 server, the actual kill counts are replaced with 'X' but I've left in the time windows. You can see an anti-hacker action can kick in at 16, 25, 50, 200 SECONDS, which is a lot faster than waiting for a high K/D ratio starting from zero.

# HACKER kill rate limits (no admins online so BAN)

On Kill;Not Admins;Not Damage Explosive;Not Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate X 200;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] X 200 BANNED;Ban You were auto-banned - appeal at www.ofcgaming.com

On Kill;Not Admins;Not Damage Explosive;Not Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate X 50;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] X 50 BANNED;Ban You were auto-banned - appeal at www.ofcgaming.com

On Kill;Not Admins;Headshot;Rate X 25;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] headshots X 25 BANNED;Ban You were auto-banned - appeal at www.ofcgaming.com

On Kill;Not Admins;Not Damage Explosive;Not Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate X 16;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] X 16 BANNED;Ban You were auto-banned - appeal at www.ofcgaming.com

# HACKER kill rate limits (admins online so just SAY rather than ban)

On Kill;Not Damage Explosive;Not Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate X 200;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] X 200;Say ProconRulz Protection System [%p%] (killstreak 200)

On Kill;Not Damage Explosive;Not Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate X 50;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] X 50;Say ProconRulz Protection System [%p%] (killstreak 50)

On Kill;Headshot;Rate X 25;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] headshots X 25;Say ProconRulz Protection System [%p%] (headshots)

On Kill;Not Damage Explosive;Not Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate X 16;Log HACKER Rate limit [%p%] X 16;Say ProconRulz Protection System [%p%] (killstreak 16)