ProconRulz V44j1 - weapon limits and other event-triggered admin actions

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by bambam*:

we just don't have a 'Kill' event with the jackhammer data in it on the dev servers. If anyone can cut-and-paste a kill event from the console for that weapon that could speed things up, although I'm sure we'll get that data quickly as players rank up on the assignments.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by micovery*:

I see that most new weapons are in the new bf3.def except for the "Jackhammer" shotty, I wonder why.

That's because Phil does not have the string that Server sends during Kill-event, so if you happen to have it, set events-debug in the Command console, and then when you make the kill with it, copy and paste the player.onKill event information.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

we just don't have a 'Kill' event with the jackhammer data in it on the dev servers. If anyone can cut-and-paste a kill event from the console for that weapon that could speed things up, although I'm sure we'll get that data quickly as players rank up on the assignments.

Ok, where again can I find this info, not the chat log is it? btw look at this rule, doesn't look right to me, though it works...

# METRO NADE SPAM RULE

On Kill;Damage Explosive;Rate 2 60;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% Kicked for exceeding nade limit;Kick %p% you were warned.

On Kill;Damage Explosive;Rate 2 60;Say %p% exceeding nade limit;Kill

Originally Posted by scorpionfr59*:

What should I upgrade to limit the thermal vision optics on tanks?

-----

Que dois je mettre pour limiter la vision optique thermique sur les char?

ps : It is not possible we make a web page on which selection menus déroullant on the map, or the weapon specialization and the action you want then it generates valid code, then it makes copy and paste?

here will help many people (like me)

Originally Posted by Layenne*:

Those rulz look ok to me... your On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4.. and Claymore rulz will fire before the On Kill;Damage Explosive... rulz so those explosives (C4 and Claymore) won't trigger your 'No Grenade' rulz - I guess that's what you want so well done.

I really don't think there are any examples where ProconRulz has actually caused a server to crash - there are quite a few ways BF3 servers *can* crash (typically when losing a net connection, sometimes the connection to either EA or Punkbuster) - I understand your suspicion especially if you're new to ProconRulz, but the code has been stable since BFBC2. What ProconRulz *can* do is spectacularly empty a server if you mis-design your rules (it's easy, e.g. have a rule On Spawn;Kill) but I'm sure this is not your problem ...

without this rulz:

Code:

On Kill;Damage Explosive;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% KICKED for excessive grenade use;Kick %p% nades, you were warned.
On Kill;Damage Explosive;Say %p% KILLED for excessive grenade use;Kill
server never crash without this.I tried again and 5 crash per hour,i need restart my dedicated procon server 5 time too.

there is other rules for_:

1 kill rpg/smaw/m320 = kill

2 kill rpg/smaw/m320 = kick

1 kill grenade = kill

2 kill grenade = kick

whats rules you use for this ?

thank you

Clay52 console log is from the console, the tab labelled "Console" that is to the right of the tab labelled "Chat" that you've already found. Check the bottom right checkbox on the Console page that says "Events". You will see all the server events scroll by. You are looking for an "onKill" event. In the 'Tools' dropdown in the TOP RIGHT of the Procon window, there is an option "Options". In there is a section "Logging". Check all the logging checkboxes. Then in your folder Procon/Logs/ you will see the text log files _console.log and _chat.log - these can be opened with Notepad so you can search for the jackhammer kill events at your leisure.

Your rulz look fine to me. What doesn't look right to you? Metro reference in the comment doesn't actually reflect the rule, obviously.

scorpionfr59 not possible to restrict thermal vision - BF3 sends NO data for this at all

Layenne first we should see why your server is crashing. I still doubt it is related to ProconRulz. Your rulz for "Explosive" are fine, for the SMAW/RPG just use the same rulz with "ProjectileExplosive". Enable logging in Procon as described above and make a copy of the logs that exist after Procon has crashed before you restart Procon. Feel free to attach those here. At a guess you are using a Procon layer server from a hosting company and that is crashing.

Originally Posted by Gabrioz*:

Hello, I know i'm the noobest here in managing server tools, but i'm still learning about those stuffs, so could you gently explain how i could use those rulz? Where i have to go and where i have to extract the rulz package?

Thanks a lot!!

Try using Procon/ProconRulz from a PC on your desk connecting directly to the rcon interface of your BF3 server first. Don't start with a 'layer server' unless you know what you're doing. If you are not able to leave a PC connect 27/7 then you will need a layer server from your hosting company to keep Procon connected, but try it on your desktop first.

Put ProconRulz.cs in your Procon/Plugins/BF3 folder.

Either restart Procon or just click on the 'Plugins' tab 'reload plugins' link.

In Procon 'Tools' 'Options' (top right of PRocon window) check all the 'logging' checkboxes, so you will have text logs in your Procon/Logs/ folder when you want to look back and see what was going on.

Use the default rulz for a couple of days and look in the 'chat' log to see what happened.

Rulz are displayed in one of the ProconRulz plugin 'settings' (on the Plugins tab, select ProconRulz).

Later try adding any rulz from the first post in this thread. Use 'Say' and 'Log' actions at first (when you know what you're doing). Save the Kick and Ban actions until you've seen the Say and Log actions work properly.

I have two questions Bambam,

1-I have put this on my server for the Danne first a warning and kill in No. 2 and No. 3 kick, but the No. 3 does not work

"On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerSay %p% no rockets on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 2;Log %p% kill for rockets on Metro;Kill %p% Metro rockets

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for rockets on Metro;Kick %p% Metro rockets"

2 - is that the plugin makes the difference between "infantry" and "vehicle" because I want to configure the plugin to kill those who intended the infantry?

-------

J'ai 2 questions Bambam,

1 -j'ai mis ceci sur mon serveur pour que celui danne en premier un avertissement et kill en n°2 et kick N°3, mais le N°3 ne fonctionne pas

"On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerSay %p% no rockets on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 2;Log %p% kill for rockets on Metro;Kill %p% Metro rockets

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for rockets on Metro;Kick %p% Metro rockets"

2 - est-ce que le plugin fait la différence entre "infanterie" et "véhicule" car, je voudrais configurer le plugin pour tuer que ceux qui vise l'infanterie?

Originally Posted by Ruepel*:

understood, so if i want to set no rocket launcher on operation metro i have to copy the log in the first topic in matrice string?

Or i have to modify other fields?

on the picture you see, how i set it up on metro, no RPG/SMAW/M320

Its working good i think... no useless kicks if they kill more then one with the kits

i hope all my other settings are correct, but is looking cool

one question, what does "trace rules" mean

Code:

[url=https://myrcon.net/recovered/attachment/920/proconrulz.jpg]proconrulz.jpg[/url]
#Info-Messages
On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Knife/Knife;say %p% MADE %v% HIS BITCH !!!
On Kill;Weapon Melee;say %p% MADE %v% HIS BITCH !!!
On Kill;Weapon Repair&Tool;Say %v%'s MARSHMALLOWS WERE TOASTED BY %p%
On Kill;ServerFirst;Say FIRST BLOOD !!! for %pt% by %p%, killing %v% with %w%
#Kick after 8 kills with Rockets/M320
On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 4;Say WARNING 3/3 %p% WAS KICKED !!! Killing with RPG-7;Kick FOLLOW THE RULES
On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 4;Say WARNING 3/3 %p% WAS KICKED !!! Killing with SMAW;Kick FOLLOW THE RULES
On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 4;Say WARNING 3/3 %p% WAS KICKED !!! Killing with with M320;Kick FOLLOW THE RULES
#Message to warn for kills with Rockets/M320with kill after 4 kills
On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say WARNING 2/3 - %p% PUNISHED - DON'T USE RPG-7 OR YOU GET KICKED !!!;Kill 100
On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say WARNING 2/3 %p% PUNISHED - DON'T USE SMAW OR YOU GET KICKED;Kill 100
On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 2;Say WARNING 2/3 %p% PUNISHED - DON'T USE M320 OR YOU GET KICKED;Kill 100
#only Message to warn for kills with Rockets/M320with 
On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 1;Say WARNING 1/3 %p% - DON'T USE RPG-7 OR YOU GET KILLED !!!
On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 1;Say WARNING 1/3 %p% - DON'T USE SMAW OR YOU GET KILLED !!!
On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 1;Say WARNING 1/3 %p% - DON'T USE M320 OR YOU GET KILLED !!!

Clay52 console log is from the console, the tab labelled "Console" that is to the right of the tab labelled "Chat" that you've already found. Check the bottom right checkbox on the Console page that says "Events". You will see all the server events scroll by. You are looking for an "onKill" event. In the 'Tools' dropdown in the TOP RIGHT of the Procon window, there is an option "Options". In there is a section "Logging". Check all the logging checkboxes. Then in your folder Procon/Logs/ you will see the text log files _console.log and _chat.log - these can be opened with Notepad so you can search for the jackhammer kill events at your leisure.

Your rulz look fine to me. What doesn't look right to you? Metro reference in the comment doesn't actually reflect the rule, obviously.

Gotcha, yeah I had upgraded to 1.1.3.1 and forgot to check a few boxes back for logging purposes which Phil helped out on. I'll let ya know on the Jackhammer code, also on my rule, it just looked like I had an extra %p% in there or something, sorry thanks for checking it :smile:

On Kill;Weapon jackhammer;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with MK3A1;Kick MK3A1 user

This will kick MK3A1 users. Tested & working....

Great stuff Walhalla8, I've been eyeballing the logs, great find!

You sure it's to be read as "On Kill;Weapon jackhammer" rather than "On Kill;Weapon MK31" ?

nvm,

it's one of the {MISSING: global.Weapons.jackhammer} types...so here's my Metro MK3A1 rule;

# METRO MK3A1 RULE

On Kill;Weapon jackhammer;Count 7;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with MK3A1;Kick %p% Ignoring MK3A1 kill limit.

On Kill;Weapon jackhammer;Count 5;Say %p% MK3A1 kill limit;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon jackhammer;Count 3;Say %p% MK3A1 kill limit warning #%c%

one will still receive the obligatory warning:

"Warning, weapon jackhammer not found in Procon"

I see now that R16 has been applied...

I have this same warning, weapon jackhammer not found in Procon.

But still it´s working.

Yep, just means that the bf3.def file doesn't yet have the correct weapon name, otherwise all works as advertised.

what does "trace rules" mean

It's a 'debug' setting, mainly used by me... ProconRulz will spew debug log entries into the plugin.log tracing how each rule tests its conditions and fires its actions on every event that comes from the game server. This is not suitable for Procon/ProconRuz users connecting via a 'Layer Server', only for the Procon connecting to the game server rcon interface.

It's a 'debug' setting, mainly used by me... ProconRulz will spew debug log entries into the plugin.log tracing how each rule tests its conditions and fires its actions on every event that comes from the game server. This is not suitable for Procon/ProconRuz users connecting via a 'Layer Server', only for the Procon connecting to the game server rcon interface.

I have it set to "Yes" now. BTW can we just edit the bf3.def for new weapons such as the jackhammer MK3A1? I see there are a bunch in there with "//" in front of the names.

Originally Posted by BarelyBen*:

This is the rule you wrote for me, can it be re written so It bans for 30Min for both RPG and M320 after 3 kills

Now this would make buck and smoke banned as well right?

PS do you have a link where I can donate to? You have been very helpful writing rules and creating this program.

Thanks

-Benny

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with RPG-7;Kick RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with SMAW;Kick SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with M320;Kick Noobtube user

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;say NO RPG %p% (#%c%)!!! 3x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;say NO SMAW %p% (#%c%)!!! 3x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon M320;say NO M320 %p% (#%c%)!!! 4x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

# Mortar on Metro auto-slay

On Kill;Map Subway;PlayerCount 3;Weapon Death;Say %p% No mortars on Metro;Kick Mortars on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon Death;Say %p% No mortars on Metro;Kill 100

you it is possible and feasible that you do a command line to teamkill which removes 90% of life by teamkill and kills after 10

-----------

est-t'il possible et réalisable que vous le fassiez une ligne de commande pour teamkill qui enleve 90% de la vie par teamkill et qui tue au bout de 10

Benny your amended rulz below. You have to be careful with the counts with explosives because you really should consider the situation of a player getting multiple kills with a single rocket (BF3 reports each kill independently so you cannot tell easily). So I suggest the 'Ban' is TWO kills more than the "Kick" PlayerCount, so players are unlikely to go straight from being auto-killed to being auto-banned.

# BAN RULZ FOR RPG/M320 ON 5TH/6TH KILL

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 4;Say %p% was banned 30 Min for killing %v% with RPG-7;TempBan 1800 RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 4;Say %p% was banned 30 Min for killing %v% with SMAW;TempBan 1800 SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 5;Say %p% was banned 30 Min for killing %v% with M320;TempBan 1800 Noobtube user

# KICK RULZ FOR RPG/M320 ON 3RD/4TH KILL

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with RPG-7;Kick RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with SMAW;Kick SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with M320;Kick Noobtube user

# SLAY RULZ FOR RPG/M320 ON KILL 1 & 2 (& 3 for M320)

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;say NO RPG %p% (#%c%)!!! 3x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;say NO SMAW %p% (#%c%)!!! 3x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon M320;say NO M320 %p% (#%c%)!!! 4x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

# Mortar on Metro auto-slay

On Kill;Map Subway;PlayerCount 3;Weapon Death;Say %p% No mortars on Metro;Kick Mortars on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon Death;Say %p% No mortars on Metro;Kill 100

I think it's possible you would be happy with all weapons being blocked that have damage type "ProjectileExplosive", if so each bunch of 3 rulz above could be simplified to a single rule using "Damage ProjectileExplosive" instead of the multiple "Weapon..." rulz.

droopie

dont suppose this has a killstreak announcer, does it?

No. BUT the version I've had in testing for the past week *does* have that capability. The blue rulz below implement killstreak and are working in my new version not yet released so if the more techy users of ProconRulz want to take a peek they'll glimpse what the next version is capable of. A significant part of the new functionality is in the general-purpose '%..%' variables shown here (plus Clay gets his punkbuster bans and kicks). If you have no clue what I'm talking about don't worry - the existing basic weapon-ban type rulz still work as always. Example below uses a general-purpose player variable called '%spree%':

# KILLING SPREE

On Spawn;Set %spree% 0

On Kill;Incr %spree%;If %spree% > 4;Say %p% %spree%-kill KILLING SPREE

This code is blue as some way of indicating the version is NOT YET RELEASED. Any kosher rulz I post that can immediately be used in ProconRulz will be green.

Clay - I know you'll ask "when" is this version being released: a few more days I expect. The new version of ProconRulz is a significant advance in 'programmability' of rulz and that is much more complex to test than adding a weapon key or something simple like that.

scorpionfr59 - not possible in BF3. To remove 10% health is like a CounterStrike "Slap", and BFBC2 and BF3 have no equivalent function. You can only kill, kick or ban.

Originally Posted by DethJesta*:

This is a set of rules I've knocked up for Metro only. Its duplicated alot as I didn't want to block M320 or nades (yet ;]) as they are still usefull for that map.

I just wanted to know if it looked safe to try live, the server is still full and didn't want to kick everone off it by accident.

# METRO NO RPG.SMAW,C4,MAV KILLS

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage RPG-7;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for rockets on Metro;Kick %p% Metro rockets

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage SMAW;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for rockets on Metro;Kick %p% Metro rockets

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Roadkill;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for MAV kill on Metro;Kick %p% Metro MAV

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for C4 on Metro;Kick %p% Metro C4

On Kill;Map MP_Subway;Damage RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Kick %p% - using rockets on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage RPG-7;PlayerFirst;Say %p% do NOT use rockets on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage RPG-7;Kill 100

On Kill;Map MP_Subway;Damage SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Kick %p% - using rockets on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage SMAW;PlayerFirst;Say %p% do NOT use rockets on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage SMAW;Kill 100

On Kill;Map MP_Subway;Damage Roadkill;PlayerCount 2;Kick %p% - killing with MAV on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Roadkill;PlayerFirst;Say %p% do NOT kill with MAV on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Roadkill;Kill 100

On Kill;Map MP_Subway;Damage Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;PlayerCount 2;Kick %p% - using C4 on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;PlayerFirst;Say %p% do NOT use C4 on Metro;Kill 100

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;Kill 100

Originally Posted by droopie*:

droopie

No. BUT the version I've had in testing for the past week *does* have that capability. The blue rulz below implement killstreak and are working in my new version not yet released so if the more techy users of ProconRulz want to take a peek they'll glimpse what the next version is capable of. A significant part of the new functionality is in the general-purpose '%..%' variables shown here (plus Clay gets his punkbuster bans and kicks). If you have no clue what I'm talking about don't worry - the existing basic weapon-ban type rulz still work as always. Example below uses a general-purpose player variable called '%spree%':

# KILLING SPREE

On Spawn;Set %spree% 0

On Kill;Incr %spree%;If %spree% > 4;Say %p% %spree%-kill KILLING SPREE

This code is blue as some way of indicating the version is NOT YET RELEASED. Any kosher rulz I post that can immediately be used in ProconRulz will be green.

THANKS! im not too techy with procon but i have a populated server of 32 and would love a spree announcer. im currently trying to set up weapon kill announcer for knife or repair tool kills on every 5th kill with those weapons. that along with the kill tkers is the ONLY reason i run this awesome script. we dont believe in limiting weapons but do love it for tracking weapons.

Originally Posted by pilu666*:

Hey bambam, I'm trying to set up your script but, considering that I'm new using this scripts, I couldn't find the right options on Procon console to activate the rules to limit M320, SMAW and RPG. I used the rules bellow and it was the only thing that I've changed on the original file. Hope you can help me. Thank you for your time.

# BAN RULZ FOR RPG/M320 ON 5TH/6TH KILL

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 4;Say %p% was banned 30 Min for killing %v% with RPG-7;TempBan 1800 RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 4;Say %p% was banned 30 Min for killing %v% with SMAW;TempBan 1800 SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 5;Say %p% was banned 30 Min for killing %v% with M320;TempBan 1800 Noobtube user

# KICK RULZ FOR RPG/M320 ON 3RD/4TH KILL

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with RPG-7;Kick RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with SMAW;Kick SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was kicked for killing %v% with M320;Kick Noobtube user

# SLAY RULZ FOR RPG/M320 ON KILL 1 & 2 (& 3 for M320)

Originally Posted by Doomsayer*:

whats the rules to get the team kill to count down to a kick or a kill? ive tried it myself but it just ends up killing the player and doesnt count down. i want it to count down to 5 of 5 then kick

Originally Posted by LF12*:

Hi bambam, I would like to have more than two or more versions of your ProconRulz in parallel in my procon admin tool.

for example:

- one for shotgun round -> named ProconRulzShotgun

- one for knife round -> named ProconRulzKnife

so that i can switch between the different rules/configs in my admin tool.

what i have to do that i can implement these different plugins? what i have to rename, just the .cs name?

thank you.