ProconRulz V44j1 - weapon limits and other event-triggered admin actions

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by bambam*:

Clay if players are repeatedly violating the nades rule, you can kick on the 3rd offence simply combining your rule with an additional PlayerCount 2 rule:

On Kill;Damage Explosive;Rate 2 60;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% KICKED for excessive nade use;Kick %p% nades, you were warned.

On Kill;Damage Explosive;Rate 2 60;Say %p% excessive nade use;Kill

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

no update to Procon, ProconRulz or BF3 affecting these rulz.

Ben keep it simple, and just paste your full set of rulz in here... you've fuxed something up and it won't be that hard to straighten it out.

In your first example set of rulz, you just had your rulz the wrong way round - ProconRulz starts at the TOP, steps DOWN through the rulz until one succeeds, does those actions and then STOPS until the next event. You put "On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;" BEFORE your "On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2; " rule and in that case the top rule will always fire instead of the second one. All the hints are in the 1st post of this thread - read that, and use the examples there. You can change the weapon or damage codes without altering the general meaning of the rulz.

Originally Posted by BarelyBen*:

I was running this but it stopped working, could you also add in a rule for mortars its a Metro server, But I want people to use the MAV

Thanks

Also is there a place to donate?

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;say NO RPG %p%!!! Next time = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;say NO SMAW %p%!!! Next time = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon M320;say NO M320 %p%!!! Next time = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with RPG-7;TempBan 15 RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with SMAW;TempBan 15 SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with M320;TempBan 15 Noobtube user

Ben I can tweak those rulz for u but I'm on an iPhone - will edit this post in 7 hours. How do people use Mortars on Metro_?

*edit* here y'go, with Clay's mortar rule included

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with RPG-7;Kick RPG user

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with SMAW;Kick SMAW user

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% was banned 15 Min for killing %v% with M320;Kick Noobtube user

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;say NO RPG %p% (#%c%)!!! 3x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;say NO SMAW %p% (#%c%)!!! 3x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

On Kill;Weapon M320;say NO M320 %p% (#%c%)!!! 4x = Temporary Ban for 15 Min !;Kill 100

# Mortar on Metro auto-slay

On Kill;Map Subway;PlayerCount 3;Weapon Death;Say %p% No mortars on Metro;Kick Mortars on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon Death;Say %p% No mortars on Metro;Kill 100

I've written these out without actually testing them on my server, but they're pretty simple and should be ok. I changed TempBan to kick as Clay suggests, although DICE swear they've fixed the banlist. I put a "Map Subway" condition on the 'Death' (i.e. mortars) rule so it only works on that map - if this is *really* your only map then the condition is redundant but the rulz will still work.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

Ben I can tweak those rulz for u but I'm on an iPhone - will edit this post in 7 hours. How do people use Mortars on Metro_?

lol when everyone's holed up in Cafe when US rapes RU :smile:

Her's my Mortar rule (again) :ohmy: )

On Kill;Weapon Death;Kick %p% No Mortars Allowed!!!

as soon as someone kills with one, boom my size 12 foot up their arse!

btw Ben, you're much better off as it stands right now with kicks over t-bans. Reason being, DICE only allows for 10 EA type bans etc. in the banlist.txt, any more than this can lead to server instability. Unless a plugin bans by PB GUID which doesn't affect this (pbbans.dat can be infinite), then you can use those, otherwise stick with kicks, unless you catch them in the act then PB ban them that way.

Originally Posted by SherbMo*:

[19:17:10 21] ProconRulz: Unrecognised rule On Kill;Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;Kill

[19:17:10 21] ProconRulz: Unrecognised rule On Kill;Weapons/Gadgets/Claymore/Claymore;Kill

[19:17:10 22] ProconRulz: Unrecognised rule On Kill;Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;PlayerSay %p% NO C4

[19:17:10 22] ProconRulz: Unrecognised rule On Kill;Weapons/Gadgets/Claymore/Claymore;PlayerSay %p% NO GAYMORES

[19:17:10 22] ProconRulz: Unrecognised rule On Kill;Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;PlayerCount 3;Kick

[19:17:10 22] ProconRulz: Unrecognised rule On Kill;Weapons/Gadgets/Claymore/Claymore;PlayerCount 3;Kick

Waht ami doing wrong? D:

Sherbo you are trying to use a "Weapon" condition without telling ProconRulz that's what the key is (there are many different types of conditions) E.g. for you first rule use

On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;Kill

The format of a Weapon condition is "Weapon ". Your weapon key is correct. OK ?

You can use other condition types, e,g, the Damage condition is "Damage ", e.g. "Damage ProjectileExplosive", which succeeds for any weapon that has that damage type (see ProconRulz docs in Details tab for weapon/damage keys).

If a miracle happens and BF3 gets upgraded, you will be able to use similar conditions "Kit " and "Spec " but we haven't even opened the can of worms of people not understanding those conditions yet...

Any questions just post.

Bambam

no shadow2k1 things like tac light, laser sight etc are ACCESSORIES not weapons and DICE isn't sending that loadout data across the rcon interface currently. BFBC2 *did* have that kind of stuff available to admin tools and BF3 is frickin identical to BFBC2 from an admin protocol sense in almost every other way, so we're kinda hopeful this stuff will turn up at some point. If/when that info arrives from BF3, ProconRulz will have conditions available to take actions based on it either immediately or within a few days if the plugin code needs adjusting to cope with a new format of data.

In the meantime I suggest you do just use some simple rulz based on On Kill (or TeamKill, or Suicide) even if you just 'say' stuff (like FIRST KILL!!!) or even just log stuff (HACKER WARNING [myg0t]fukwit just got 10 kills in 30 seconds) as you'll get the hang of ProconRulz. As a clue, to write the second of those rulz, it's:

On Kill;Rate 10 30;Log HACKER WARNING %p% just got 10 kills in 30 seconds

easy ain't it.

Bambam

Originally Posted by C-4-N*:

1 >Hey there again , I see" rate" ...

could we have a kill streak message with it ?

i mean on 10 kill without die , have a message :biggrin:

2 > If an admin is cut , can we have a warning joke message "stop cut admins %p%" :biggrin:

Originally Posted by coco777*:

Thanks for making Metro a better map with this beauty.......

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive 3 60;Say %p% Excessive Nade/Rocket Spam;Kill

The only rule we run, and it makes a lot of difference.

Thanks.

Thanks for making Metro a better map with this beauty.......

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive 3 60;Say %p% Excessive Nade/Rocket Spam;Kill

The only rule we run, and it makes a lot of difference.

really appreciate the feedback... I agree the most difference is often made with a single rule, and also 'kill' actions are pretty effective at damping down undesired behaviour. On Metro (and Seine Crossing) I reckon the next issue is teamkills - some players are so busy spamming the are with nades/rockets/explosives it's difficult to rush the other side without getting teamkilled.

On TeamKill;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% excessive teamkills;Kill

Regarding a KILL STREAK message display, this needs the next version of ProconRulz (v36) which I'm testing at the moment - kill streak uses a 'count' that has to be zeroed when the player is killed, hence the next version, due in a week probably.

Originally Posted by C-4-N*:

could this plugin stop MAV killing ?

if i m true : it could only on map without vehicules :smile: like metro or mods without vehicules

with that begin of command

On Kill;Weapon Roadkill

@bambam or other

could we make difference between m320 grenade and m320 smoke.

Originally Posted by Sevendot*:

Hello people!

I'm very sorry for asking this in the case that it has been answered before. I have searched the topic and manually flipped through a handful of pages.

Can I safely delete the standard:

# SPAWN RULE, so we get info when BF3 gives it

On Spawn;Log [%pt%] ^2%p%^0 spawned with [%kk%], [%wk%], [%speck%]

# TEAMKILL RULZ

On TeamKill;Admin

On TeamKill;PlayerCount 2;Log %p% SUICIDAL TEAMKILL #%c% on %v% with %w%;Kill 100

On TeamKill;Log TEAMKILL #%c% by ^2%p%^0 on ^2%v%^0 with %w%

# SUICIDE LOG

On Suicide;Log Suicide by [%pt%] [^2%p%^0] with [%wk%]

# SAMPLE KILL RULZ

On Kill;Weapon M15&AT&MINE;Log Mine kill by [^2%p%^0] on [^2%v%^0]

On Kill;Weapon weapons/knife/knife;Log Knife kill by [^2%p%^0] on [^2%v%^0]

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Log Rockect nade kill by [^2%p%^0] on [^2%v%^0]

On Kill;Log Kill [%pt%] [^2%p%^0] killed [%vt%] [^2%v%^0] with [%wk%] [%w%], Kit [%kk%] [%k%], Damage [%d%]

# SAMPLE SAY RULZ

On Say;Text protected;Protected;Say [^2%p%^0] is protected

On Say;Text protected;Not Protected;Say [^2%p%^0] is NOT protected

On Say;Admin;Text xkill;TargetPlayer;Say Confirm %t%;TargetAction Say %t% killed by admin;TargetAction Kill 100

On Say;Admin;Text xkick;TargetPlayer;Say Confirm %t%;TargetAction Say %t% kicked by admin;TargetAction Kick Kicked by admin

On Say;Text xyes;TargetConfirm

# ROUND CHANGE

On Round;Log Round change to [%m%] [%mm%]

# JOINER/LEAVER LOG

On Join;Admin;Log Joiner [^2%p%^0] (min teamsize %n%) (Admin)

On Join;Log Joiner [^2%p%^0] (min teamsize %n%) (Not admin)

On Leave; Log Leaver [^2%p%^0] (min teamsize %n%)

And after only add the rule I need:

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 7 60;Say %p% KILLED for excessive RPG use;Kill

Which if I read the threads correctly should cover all RPG weapons.

Thank you for your time responding to me!

a MAV kill is reported by BF3 as "Weapon Roadkill", so you can only use that in a rule on a map that has no vehicles (because there is NO WAY any plugin at the moment can tell the difference between a MAV knocking in to somebody and a tank rolling over them.) Exactly as C-4-N says.

could we make difference between m320 grenade and m320 smoke.

not with the current version of BF3. If the nades are fired from the dedicated M320 nade launcher, the kills are reported as "Weapon M320" i. If the nade launcher is mounted as an 'accessory' to an assault rifle, a kill with the nade is reported as the rifle, e.g. "Weapon M416". It makes no difference what type of nade it is, smoke or explosive. Plugins can only use the data they get, so we're stuck with these limitations at the moment.

sevendot yeah that's fine. My suggestion is at first you just add your rule at the TOP of the default rulz - mostly they're just logging info. In a week you'll know a fuk of a lot more about how the events from BF3 look and will be more knowledgeable about deleting stuff. There's no harm if you delete ALL the default rulz tho.

you're better off putting the rule in while the server's full, but use "Log" instead of "Kill" so you see it working without rsiking slaying everyone on the server if you get the rule wrong, i.e.

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 7 60;Say %p% KILLED for excessive RPG use;Log My new funky rule just kicked in for %p%

Thanks a billion for your help. I tested it with a clanmate and the rulz work splendid!

My current rulz:

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 6 60;PlayerCount 1;Say %p% was KICKED for excessive RPG use (6 in 1 minute);Kick %p% RPG abuse, you were warned

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Rate 6 60;Say %p% was KILLED for RPG abuse, next time a kick;Kill

On Kill;Damage Melee;Say %v% was HUMILIATED by %p% with a %w%!

Originally Posted by Layenne*:

hello,

Code:

#                HUMILIATION RULZ
On Kill;Weapon Melee;Say >>%p%<< Owned [%v%] with KNIFE LOL!!! HUMILIATION
On Kill;ServerFirst;Say First blood to %p%, killing %v% with %w%
On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4;say >>%p%<< killed [%v%] with C4 LOL !
On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Gadgets/Claymore/Claymore;say >>%p%<< killed [%v%] with Claymore LOL !
#               NO RPG.SMAW.M320
On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 2;Kick %p% - using rockets on Metro
On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerFirst;Say %p% do NOT use rockets on Metro;Kill 100
On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill 100
#                NO GRENADE
On Kill;Damage Explosive;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% KICKED for excessive grenade use;Kick %p% nades, you were warned.
On Kill;Damage Explosive;Say %p% KILLED for excessive grenade use;Kill
since i restricted grenade my procon server and game server crash.

whats wrong with my rulz ?

i just want kill people who use m320/smaw/rpg and grenade and kick if they use it again.

Those rulz look ok to me... your On Kill;Weapon Weapons/Gadgets/C4/C4.. and Claymore rulz will fire before the On Kill;Damage Explosive... rulz so those explosives (C4 and Claymore) won't trigger your 'No Grenade' rulz - I guess that's what you want so well done.

I really don't think there are any examples where ProconRulz has actually caused a server to crash - there are quite a few ways BF3 servers *can* crash (typically when losing a net connection, sometimes the connection to either EA or Punkbuster) - I understand your suspicion especially if you're new to ProconRulz, but the code has been stable since BFBC2. What ProconRulz *can* do is spectacularly empty a server if you mis-design your rules (it's easy, e.g. have a rule On Spawn;Kill) but I'm sure this is not your problem ...

Hello bambam,

Last night I added this rule:

On Kill;Damage Melee;Say %v% was HUMILIATED by %p% with a %w%!

It showed the Melee kill AND weapon (Torch, Defibrillator, Knife) correctly. Today (after a server and procon restart) it is only showing "Melee" as weapon.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you kindly for any response :smile:

Quick answer for sevendot: everything is working, your issue is simply because of a quirk of BF3... some knife kills are "Weapon Weapons/Knife/Knife" (which maps to "Damage Melee"), and some other knife kills are reported as "Weapon Melee" (which also maps to "Damage Melee". ProconRulz is a flexible general-purpose plugin that works with any game that Procon connects to and it's difficult to report on how each of them report their data in each circumstance. The BF3/knife wierdness seems to depend on the ANIMATION.

Although there is zero chance the latest minor Procon update has any implications for ProconRulz, I'll check and respond here... (if I'm wrong I'll fess up). The BF3.def updates are helpful (and I'm helping with those), but we're not getting functional changes until BF3 actually delivers something useful in the On Spawn events...

*edit* yup I checked... great work going on with Procon devs tweaking the UI, making sure it handles the new game modes in BF3 ok, plus useful updates to the BF3.def for the new 'assignments' weapons, but nothing that affects the functionality of ProconRulz.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

Although there is zero chance the latest minor Procon update has any implications for ProconRulz, I'll check and respond here... (if I'm wrong I'll fess up). The BF3.def updates are helpful (and I'm helping with those), but we're not getting functional changes until BF3 actually delivers something useful in the On Spawn events...

I see that most new weapons are in the new bf3.def except for the "Jackhammer" shotty, I wonder why.