ProconRulz V44j1 - weapon limits and other event-triggered admin actions

ColColonCleaner

Originally Posted by bambam*:

PhaxeNor - thanks - useful to know. I could see the high kill rate with 'Death' -- what's the actual hack method? Is it aimbot in a vehicle? I see there were 8x multiple kills at the same time(WTF is that__), so an additional rule would catch those "On Kill;Weapon Death;Rate 8 2;Ban"

Actually this gave me an idea... you know those guys who C4 everybody at spawn at the start of a round? On TeamKill;Rate 5 2;Ban spawn teamkill

Clay52 the free-form %xxxxx% variables are one of the things in the next (v37) version that I'm currently testing, not the currently released version (v34).

Waterboyeee I'm assuming that was using another plugin but my vote is for KILL actions to be used at least a couple of times before a kick or ban with ProconRulz, and this illustrates why. Even with a favourite weapon, most people stick with rules if they get slayed. E.g. it's confusing to a player using a rocket to get kicked immediately.

Hive Sorry, all vehicles in BF3 are currently reported as "Weapon Death" and "Damage None". VehicleLight, VehicleHeavy, VehicleAir are not usable in rulz for BF3. See BF3 limitations listed in 1st post in this thread. Otherwise your rule is correct.

Operator yes, it is easy to not have those log entries appear in your chat. Look at the rulz, and put a '#' as the first character in the front of the rulz that write those log messages (which will make them become comments instead of rulz) or you can just DELETE those rulz. By default, ProconRulz installs with some default rulz including a couple of 'do nothing' logging rulz that log every kill and every spawn, (I.e. On Spawn;Log... and On Kill;Log....) These become useful when you're not sure of the weapon (or damage) key used in a particular kill. The On Spawn messages (as above) are filled with [no kit key] [no weapon key] [no spec key] crapola at the moment, but that will spring to life if/when BF3 gets updated to deliver that data - when you see that you will immediately be able to use that in 'On Spawn' rulz (e.g. to limit the number of players spawning with a particular weapon).

If you're looking at the chat.log FILE with a text editor (as opposed to the chat window in Procon) I highly highly recommend the freeware Notepad++. This has a crucial feature where you can highlight a piece of text on any line in the file, and have Notepad++ just show you lines CONTAINING that string, or just lines WITHOUT that string. So you can highlight a player name and just show those lines (which gives you a transcript of everything just involving that player - great for checking hackers) or you can highlight say the phrase "spawned with" and HIDE those lines, so all the ProconRulz spawn log messages (temporarily) disappear. It's this technique that I use heavily and hence find all the log messages useful but appreciate they clutter the chat window. If I want to view just the actual player chat in the chat log, I highlight " > " and just view those lines.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by MadIzm*:

I have one simple rule i want to apply on my server but since im a noob i ask you guys;

Everytime when a soldier spawns with the M320 i want him to be killed automaticly.

Is that possible and if yes do i have to put that rules in Rules?

I tried this but it doenst work

# Weapon limit (RPG's on Operation Metro)

On Kill;Weapon M320

Also i want them to be killed like 3 seconds after spawning with the M320

So i dont want to kick them after they first make a kill with it and i dont want to ban them either.

Just a simple kill!

Originally Posted by VWOer*:

Impossible..

So I've tried to explain the BF3 limitations, but still get questions like this:

does anyone know how to limit the snipers to 5 a side please

Answer: No BF3 admin tool can do this. Read the BF3 limitations above, especially #2. Instead all you can do is limit the number of kills by sniper weapons. But the next question I'll get is

does anyone know how to limit the rockets to 5 a side please

Answer: FFS what is it about the BF3 limitations you don't get? NO information is provided at spawn time about what weapons, kits, secializations, camoflage style, hair color, sexual orientation a player has spawned with. The only information is provided at KILL time, as in "Ross killed Monica with Weapon Hairspray"
It's only possible at kill events.

Originally Posted by D%E9so*:

Hi there,

I need some informations and help about this wonderful plugin.

Since yesterday, i apply it on my knife and pistol server, it's working like a charm. Now, i want to apply it on my clan conquest server.

- Our server is a classical conquest and we want to get ride of rpg on infantry and grenade launcher.

No warning needed, just kicking people who use it on infantry. Can someone give me the codelines to put on my procon please?

Is it possible to kick (with Proconrulz) people who use tactical light?

- Is it possible on my knife and pistol server to kill then kick players using m93R and G18?

Thanks.

PS: sorry about my english. :ohmy:

@VWOer,

You mean this rulecause i dont see anything displayed about RPG?

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 5;Log %p% banned for rockets on Metro;Ban %p% Metro rockets

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 3;Log %p% kicked for rockets on Metro;Kick %p% Metro rockets

On Kill;Map Subway;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerSay %p% no rockets on Metro;Kill 100

If yes do i need to modify it to this;

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 1;Log %p% killed for M320 on Metro

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon M320;PlayerSay %p% no M320 on Metro

Like i said im a noob at this so if it is still incorrect can someone wright me the rule so i can copy paste it?

Originally Posted by PhaxeNor*:

bambam

My server is Metro only at the moment, so infantry only. But it is something that kills anyone anywhere on the map and doesn't matter where the hacker is. Will PM the video if I can find it again.

And the teamkill one is rather nice :smile:

Originally Posted by Operator*:

Operator yes, it is easy to not have those log entries appear in your chat. Look at the rulz, and put a '#' as the first character in the front of the rulz that write those log messages (which will make them become comments instead of rulz) or you can just DELETE those rulz. By default, ProconRulz installs with some default rulz including a couple of 'do nothing' logging rulz that log every kill and every spawn, (I.e. On Spawn;Log... and On Kill;Log....) These become useful when you're not sure of the weapon (or damage) key used in a particular kill. The On Spawn messages (as above) are filled with [no kit key] [no weapon key] [no spec key] crapola at......

Thank you for the quick reply.

I was kinda under the impression that we had to keep all the "Kill;Log" lines....

And yes, I use Notepad++ ... Like it a lot!

Edit: Forgot to say that this plugin is really awesome :smile:

Originally Posted by SileX*:

If anyone is willing to assist;

I have a 16 player SQDM server and do not allow vehicles/mortars.

Looking at the following rules;

On Kill;PlayerCount 3;Weapon Death;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills, thats it, you are OUT;Kick

On Kill;PlayerCount 2;Weapon Death;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills, READ THE RULES AGAIN!;Kill

On Kill;PlayerCount 1;Weapon Death;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills!;Kill

This will KILL a person that is using the tank/mortar.

It will warn him again once hes dont it twice.

Then, it will KICK the person once this person has done this 3 times.

Correct ?

Originally Posted by CoMPaHoLiC*:

@SiLex - wouldn't it be more convenient to set your server to have "no vehicles" - than you still need the anti-mortar rule, but at least you won't have people getting attracted to them vehicles :P And your rules don't kill persons 'using' things until they actually kill someone ...

MadIzm you're on the right lines for a ProconRulz noob, the only mistake you have is to forget the action on the end of your rulz (All the actions are listed in the docs here).

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 1;Log %p% killed for M320 on Metro;Kill

On Kill;Map Subway;Weapon M320;PlayerSay %p% no M320 on Metro

Deso

- Our server is a classical conquest and we want to get ride of rpg on infantry and grenade launcher. No warning needed, just kicking people who use it on infantry. Can someone give me the codelines to put on my procon please?

Pls see limitation #6 in the 1st post in this thread and see how it affects what you want.

Is it possible to kick (with Proconrulz) people who use tactical light?

See limitation #4 - Tactical light is an accessory/specialization BF3 doesn't provide data for these.

- Is it possible on my knife and pistol server to kill then kick players using m93R and G18?

Yes. Look up the Weapon key for those weapons, and use in the example in the 1st post in this thread

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

Clay52

This is an art as much as a science - I think your rate is pretty close to what's best. I'd have the rule write a 'Log HACKER %p% aimbot' message as well and routinely scan the logs (I use freeware Notepad++ which can search multiple files). When you find a hacker has been autobanned via this rule, check their stats via BattleLog to see if you think it's a mistake and unban them. You have to accept the risk of false positives to trap the hackers but FYI this rule on my server caught maybe 20 hackers and all of them had a clear indication in their stats they were hacking.

bambam, I've recently had some complaints by some that using the LMGs on a clustered group of enemies activates this rule more often than not by mistake, I'm thinking about going 1 higher at least to say:

On Kill;Headshot;Rate 6 15;Log HACKER [%p%] aimbot;Ban %p% aimbot

what are your thoughts and is the above correct as written? Thank you and here's wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and HNY!

Actually Clay for BFBC2 I think Headshot Rate 6 15 would be very reasonable to catch hackers (our server had a longer time period and that didn't throw up ANY false positives as far as I remember). It's possible BF3 has altered the headshot balance - I haven't tested it. For BFBC2 we had a stack of several 'rates' rulz which worked well but it was trial and error getting the rates right and I never made those public, and we haven't put anti-hacker 'rates' rulz on our BF3 server yet (but we will).

The best thing to do is have the rulz LOG for a while (not Ban) and check the players that trigger the rulz as if they had been banned. You'll find out if you get false positives and can adjust the rate. It's the 'Headshot' condition for this particular rule that makes it quite a strong test. Without the Headshot you have to be careful, because of multi-kills from explosives.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

Actually Clay for BFBC2 I think Headshot Rate 6 15 would be very reasonable to catch hackers (our server had a longer time period and that didn't throw up ANY false positives as far as I remember). It's possible BF3 has altered the headshot balance - I haven't tested it. For BFBC2 we had a stack of several 'rates' rulz which worked well but it was trial and error getting the rates right and I never made those public, and we haven't put anti-hacker 'rates' rulz on our BF3 server yet (but we will).

The best thing to do is have the rulz LOG for a while (not Ban) and check the players that trigger the rulz as if they had been banned. You'll find out if you get false positives and can adjust the rate. It's the 'Headshot' condition for this particular rule that makes it quite a strong test. Without the Headshot you have to be careful, because of multi-kills from explosives.

Good info bambam, I think I will put the rate at 6 15 and work it from there and log as well. So here's my slightly augmented rule:

On Kill;Headshot;Rate 6 15;Log Aimbot Hacker [%p%];Ban %p% aimbot

btw just want to wish you and yours a merry Christmas and Happy NY, thanks for everything!

Originally Posted by pcpvulture*:

BamBam -Thank you very much for the help and time.

And I only wanted to use the the 870, pistol and knife and ban the rest, very cool.

It should be easy - what do you want to do? Ban those weapons or limit kills to just those weapons ? (I am guessing shotgun/handgun/knife only) Do you want to limit the server to ONLY that shotgun, handgun, or actually ANY shotgun/handgun is ok.

The rule will be basically: (if a kill is NOT with the weapons you allow, kill the killer. If the killer does this a few times, kick them)

On Kill;Not Weapon Weapons/weapon/knife;Not Weapon Melee;Not Weapon 870MCS;Not Weapon M1911;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% kicked for not using 870MCS/M1911;Kick pistol/shotgun only

On Kill;Not Weapon Weapons/Knife/Knife;Not Weapon Melee;Not Weapon 870MCS;Not Weapon M1911;Say %p% Only 870MCS, M1911, knife allowed;Kill

If this is what you want, how about you add this as a post on the forum rather than keeping it private?

cheers - Bambam

I got logged in thank you . But I have been looking for a set of good configs for a shotgun 870ms / 1911 handgun / knife I have been try to use the the rulz but with my limited experience I am having trouble - If you could or have time to point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much

Originally Posted by SileX*:

@SiLex - wouldn't it be more convenient to set your server to have "no vehicles" - than you still need the anti-mortar rule, but at least you won't have people getting attracted to them vehicles :P And your rules don't kill persons 'using' things until they actually kill someone ...

True, but setting the server to Hardcore AND Infantry only will default to Custom and not hardcore as it is now.. :smile:

But just to clear up, this rule is okay huh ?

Merry Christmas all :smile:

Originally Posted by D%E9so*:

Deso

Pls see limitation #6 in the 1st post in this thread and see how it affects what you want.

See limitation #4 - Tactical light is an accessory/specialization BF3 doesn't provide data for these.

Yes. Look up the Weapon key for those weapons, and use in the example in the 1st post in this thread

Thanks Bambam :ohmy:

Originally Posted by _ddonut_*:

With the following Rules i want to say: For the first kill with SMAW --- Kill + Text#1

For the second kill --- Kill + Text#2

For the third kill --- Ban for 1 hour + Text#3

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% kicked for 1 hour using the SMAW on this server;TempBan 3600

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 2;Say %p% It's your last chance m8!;Kill

On Kill;Weapon SMAW;Say %p% SMAW is not allowed on this server!;Kill

But what's wrong with that?

Originally Posted by Hizorix*:

Hello, This is Great Plugin but its kinda confusing, so i wanted to ask if some one could help. So i would like Some Lines of Some sample rulz, With 2 TK kills = Sucide, 3 Sniper limit per team, and Sucide when some one kills with Mortar or Claymore... thnaks you.

DoomSlayer pls see limitation 1) in the first post of this thread. Basically no VehicleHeavy available for BF3...

_ddonut? Your rulz look fine on a first glance. You're getting the PlayerCounts slightly high - "PlayerCount X" means "PlayerCount for this rule is MORE than X" so for the second kill you'd use "PlayerCount 1" (not PlayerCount 2). You can duplicate these rulz for Weapon RPG-7, or just use "Damage ProjectileExplosive" instead of "Weapon SMAW" if you're happy all weapons with that damage being included...

Hizorix as you're totally new to this just use the TeamKill rulz from Example 4 in the first post of this thread, and run with that for a few days as you get the idea of what the plugin is capable of. You'll need to read the first post of this thread fairly carefully before you add more rulz. A claymore weapon limitation will be easy (see Example 1), Mortars are complicated because of BF3 limitations. All the weapon keys are in the ProconRulz details page. Install the plugin and control ONE thing (e.g. teamkills) first. Then you can add other things, but don't over-complicate it early on. You can alway use "Log" actions instead of kicking and banning people all over the place at first - review the chat log and see what would have happened.

HAPPY XMAS ALL

Originally Posted by Pitbulleke*:

am i the only one having trouble installing it?

i put it in the right map...and it still doesnt show in procon...

i delete plugins...and they still show in procon...

-edit

oke i found the plugins in my ftp

so i have to instal plugins over the ftp procon layer

how do i put files in ftp?

if i go to the ftp in my browser,i can only open them.

Not delete or edit.

-again edit

got it :smile: i have to put them in the ftp...filezilla :smile:

Originally Posted by Cain*:

I'd like to log the FULL Punkbuster info for every player that connects to my server, so I can easily go back and manually ban somoe problem player.

Can this be done to a separate log somewhere on my Procon Layer server?

I want this info on every player logged if possible:

PunkBuster Server: 56 b4bf890d20df2c3e8bd827f89257xxxx(-) 83.69.xxx.188:3659 OK 1 2.9 0 (W) "Selweor"

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

Is there a way to combing On Say keywords?

Currently, I have something like this:

On Say;Text first_text;Say whatever

On Say;Text second_text;Say whatever

On Say;Text third_text;Say whatever

Is there a way to combine them into one rule?

I tried something like this, but it didn't seem to work:

On Say;Text first_text;Text second_text;Text third_text;Say whatever

Originally Posted by GitSum*:

I'd like to log the FULL Punkbuster info for every player that connects to my server, so I can easily go back and manually ban somoe problem player.

Can this be done to a separate log somewhere on my Procon Layer server?

I want this info on every player logged if possible,

PunkBuster Server: 56 b4bf890d20df2c3e8bd827f89257xxxx(-) 83.69.xxx.188:3659 OK 1 2.9 0 (W) "Selweor"

This can be done with another plugin (requires a mysql database) -> www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth....0.0.9beta-BF3*

Originally Posted by kolsyra*:

I just want to have a rule that one should die the first time but kills someone with a claymore. the second time you should be kicked.

Are there any of you could write this code for me? Is not so well-read in this.

thanks in advance.